Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:20:42 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Scientology experience anyone? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Scientology experience anyone?  (Read 6982 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 12, 2019, 07:04:14 PM »

OK a new user here got involved with a few comments about scientology and referred to it as a cult.

Sooo, made me think about asking a couple questions of our little collective here.

First, how do you see scientology? Dangerous cult,  out of control joke,  scamming the rich, evil organization brainwashing people into slavery, not  worth having an opinion on? Say what you think but respect the boards  language standards.

Secondly, anyone here have any personal experiences ce with scientology or members of it?

I gotta be honest here, there's something about scientology that scares me a little.

Remember jack chick? The baptist fanatic famous for all those little comics about how everyone who wasn't like him was going to hell?  Best known for his attack on D&D? Heavily mocked and parodied?  

That SOB attacked everything in sight. He writes tracts about how jews,  catholics, Muslims, Mormons,  ad infinitum were  going to hell. He attacked Islam,  the catholic church,  the Mormon church,  rabidly.  I mean this foaming lunatic attacked Islam on repeated occasions.

But to my knowledge and I could  be wrong, but I don't think he ever attacked scientology.

Wow.  I mean a guy will attack major churches and religions with a reputation for violent reprisals against critics,  but even he never,  I believe, attacked scientology?

Damn, was even he scared of them?

So that's the thing  about scientology that skida scares me a little,  what do folks here think of it? Also if you're  non American what status does Scientology have in your country?

I just hope none of us get attacked by evil thetans. Those things are scary! Have you ever seen a thetan?  Here:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:07:26 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 09:14:24 PM »

I tried reading Dianetics in my late teens....
I couldn't get past the first chapter.  I kept having to jump back & forth between what I was reading & the glossary, ultimately, with absolutely none of what I'd read making any sense at all....

No idea how this caught on.
Seriously.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 10:46:43 PM »

First, how do you see scientology? Dangerous cult,  out of control joke,  scamming the rich, evil organization brainwashing people into slavery, not  worth having an opinion on? Say what you think but respect the boards  language standards.

Are you kidding me?  You have violated any so-called "standards" and now assume any response might choose from YOUR list?  Really?   Thumbdown

I just hope none of us get attacked by evil thetans. Those things are scary! Have you ever seen a thetan?  Here:

Now that THETAN is cool.  Thumbup  Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 10:57:59 PM »

First, how do you see scientology? Dangerous cult,  out of control joke,  scamming the rich, evil organization brainwashing people into slavery, not  worth having an opinion on? Say what you think but respect the boards  language standards.

Are you kidding me?  You have violated any so-called "standards" and now assume any response might choose from YOUR list?  Really?   Thumbdown

Now that THETAN is cool.  Thumbup  Lookingup

Actually AHD I simply put out a list of possible reactions, I did not say anyone had tom choose from them and everyone is free to state their own. Also I do not use excessively foul language like a new user recently did when it came to making remarks alluding to fellatio.

So I was asking people to refrain for foul language when describing their feelings towards scientology.

Some people may think l. Ron Hubbard was a blood sucking fecal weasel who deserves to be sodomized in hell by rapacious demons but I ask they avoid excess vulgarity in how they phrase it.

Also where do you get off saying I've violated all standards? I have never sunk to the depths of comparing a user here to that thing in the white house,  which you did to me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 11:05:27 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 01:06:08 AM »

you know what sven? this thread, your posts on it, THAT is why you aren't welcome on my board, and likely never will be. back to ignore you go, and don't expect me to continue trying to be civil anymore.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 02:58:00 AM »

So does anyone have any actual opinions or experience regarding scientology? A recent documentary on it certainly made it look bad and I tend to believe it but no line I know was in it and I have no real actual experience.

I used to think it just fleeced rich Hollywood suckers,  but a friend of mine who is am most a crusade against it told me otherwise. That movie "going clear" certainly made me think it was more harmful and victimized more people.

Again, the fact jack chick apparently didn't attack it is really disturbing

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 11:25:57 AM »

Actually AHD I simply put out a list of possible reactions, I did not say anyone had tom choose from them and everyone is free to state their own. Also I do not use excessively foul language like a new user recently did when it came to making remarks alluding to fellatio.

So I was asking people to refrain for foul language when describing their feelings towards scientology.

Some people may think l. Ron Hubbard was a blood sucking fecal weasel who deserves to be sodomized in hell by rapacious demons but I ask they avoid excess vulgarity in how they phrase it.

Remember this one:  "...goatcocksucking ratcumstain" ?  That's on my karma from you, forever.   Do you really think we're all so stupid that we won't notice your manipulation?  There has never been a more foul-mouthed member of this forum. 

Also where do you get off saying I've violated all standards? I have never sunk to the depths of comparing a user here to that thing in the white house,  which you did to me.

Never happened.  Not even close.  You cannot read what anyone else writes and understand; you're too self-absorbed.  But if you're interested in reviewing what was so offensive to you: 

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,151440.msg607549.html#msg607549

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 12:25:38 PM »

Guys... topic is Scientology, not Svengoolie.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 12:43:12 PM »

In my first year at college, there was this lady who was one of L Ron Hubbard's peeps: she told me that I needed to come for testing as she was worried about me and that if I didn't get help, I would be dead within a year.

That was in 1987!  Wink

Just BTW, LRH fled to SA in the 1960s: his Johannesburg house is now a museum.

The Pretoria branch of the church is half a block away from my work  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 01:20:51 PM »

Here in Germany Scientology is a registered society and not registered as a religious group.

I have no expierence whatsoever with Scientology, except for that one time a woman tried to give me one of Hubbard's books.

This happen at IKEA of all places  BounceGiggle
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 01:37:02 PM »

In my first year at college, there was this lady who was one of L Ron Hubbard's peeps: she told me that I needed to come for testing as she was worried about me and that if I didn't get help, I would be dead within a year.

That was in 1987!  Wink

Just BTW, LRH fled to SA in the 1960s: his Johannesburg house is now a museum.

The Pretoria branch of the church is half a block away from my work  Buggedout

Damn,  trev, have you  ever auditioned for the lead zombie in a movie?  According to scientology you have like 32 years
experience in being a walking corpse!  BounceGiggle

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 04:55:04 PM »

If someone is so stupid to think some bad sci-fi s**t is religion, I don't feel sorry for them one bit.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 06:28:14 PM »

If someone is so stupid to think some bad sci-fi s**t is religion, I don't feel sorry for them one bit.

OK,  you have a great point here,  the thing is some idiot joins it and drags his family and kids into it.  I have heard numerous,  consistent stories that these people like to rope in families, especially kids,  and subject them to what could be called brainwashing. Plus if a family member leaves the rest of the family is encouraged to shun them.

Now that I have a huge problem with if it is happening.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 06:47:27 PM »

Well, folks are dragged into their parents religions all the time. But if you even have half a brain, you will eventualy think for yourself. So folks have survived the Inquisition and the Crusades...this too will pass. I was in a Catholic orphanage for a year or so in the late 60's, and the Sisters were the nicest people I ever meet.
What I mean is- what ya gonna do? f**k it. The world is filled with religion that others think are fruit cake.
Personally, I think they ALL are.  TongueOut

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 07:07:07 PM »

You know what I believe in? I believe I'll have another drink!  Drink

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Scientology experience anyone? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.