Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:14:08 AM
714429 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Scientology experience anyone? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Scientology experience anyone?  (Read 6978 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 07:09:30 PM »

You know what I believe in? I believe I'll have another drink!  Drink

Darn it, I was certain you wew're going to say you believe in the fundamental goodness of  mankind!  TeddyR

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 07:13:22 PM »

You know what I believe in? I believe I'll have another drink!  Drink

Darn it, I was certain you wew're going to say you believe in the fundamental goodness of  mankind!  TeddyR
f**k Mankind! What about Monkeykind? or Fishkind? What about Bugkind! We gas and destroy these critters like Galactus! We think we can control everything. Than we have earthquakes. Can't control that, motherf**kers! Can't point a nuke at that and talk s**t, can you, dick snout?

(I'm listening to Motorhead right now, so forgive my rant...!)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 07:37:07 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 10:13:25 PM »

nope. nopenopenope. there is very little goodness in bugkind. i can't promote any of them but butterflies and bees. and the damned bees need to stay away from me, since i plant what they like. period.  Cheers
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 11:12:01 PM »

Withtout bees a lot of plants don't  get pollinated,  including  major food crops.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 02:36:44 AM »

nope. nopenopenope. there is very little goodness in bugkind. i can't promote any of them but butterflies and bees. and the damned bees need to stay away from me, since i plant what they like. period.  Cheers

Well, how about Antkind? They go about they're business-( and I stare at ants, because I'm weird like that), and they are always very, very busy little buggers, and here someone comes walking back from the store and  STEPS ON THEIR CITY! Like f**king Godzilla!  Buggedout
If ants had tiny film cameras, they'd be making horror films about giant shoes stepping on them!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 02:53:52 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 06:39:42 AM »

Once had someone stop me on the street and ask me a few questions. They asked if I'd be willing to take part in some tests and gave me an address to go to. I didn't really plan on going but I checked out the address and it turned out to be the local HQ for the scientologists. They never once mentioned what organisation they were part of and it wasn't on any of their literature.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 08:38:41 AM »

You know what I believe in? I believe I'll have another drink!  Drink

Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 09:10:49 PM »

This woman was named Lisa McPherson. She was once a member of the Church of Scientology.
She was found wandering around the streets in the nude after a car accident. She was taken to a psychiatrist at a hospital but the Church discharged her for "religious care" because Scientology looks down on psychiatry.

They tried to find a Scientologist "doctor" for her but their neglect lead to her death. She was bruised, starved, dehydrated and covered in cockroach bites.
You can Google her autopsy photos if you want, but I'm going to warn you now, they're horrifying. But when I think of Scientology I think of those pictures.

The Church of Scientology scam people and harass and abuse anyone who tries to leave. The people that run this scam are absolute, sociopathic, scum.
It's a disgusting organization and the fact that they are tax exempt is absolutely appalling and massive stain on the US as a whole. They deserve to be disbanded
and the people that lead it deserve life without parole.

Scientology is disgusting and anyone who believes this s**t is worthless to me. I have ZERO respect for people that propagate this trash.
F**k Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Nancy Cartwright and all of those worthless piles of garbage pretending to be humans.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 10:25:48 PM »

OK there's an opinion I can respect. It fit in with going clear.

Again it's just so hard to believe jack chick never attacked these people. Was he afraid of them?

Bye A. J.  if yoiu reallynhate scientology here's a book to look up. Itcs called "heads" by Greg bear and it's  a hard science fiction novel that is a not at all veiled attack on scientology, and a pretty vicious one. It attacks Hubbard by creating a character that is clearly him and showing how the cult he created, again a barely alteredmformmof scientology, lived on after he died and grew into a social and political monster.

Seriously it's clear Greg Bear hated hubbard and his monster and really cut loose on them, you might like it. It's a fairly short book too.

https://www.amazon.com/Heads-Greg-Bear/dp/0812519965

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 10:32:18 PM »

I know people will think I'm some knuckle-dragging caveman for saying this but I don't like reading books. They bore me and I can't keep my attention. I think it's an ADHD thing.

I don't know if Jack Chick was scared of them or it just didn't come up. I don't think it would matter either way. You can't dig up dirt on Jack Chick because his very existence was dirt.

He was a bigoted degenerate and I'm glad he's dead. I almost wish Hell existed just so he can burn in it.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 10:37:56 PM »

I'm not looking down at you for not being a reader,  not everyone likes the same things.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 03:43:30 AM »

This was LRH's house in Johannesburg: quite an odd looking place which is now a museum.

www.lronhubbard.org.za

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2019, 03:46:49 AM »

Damn,  trev, have you  ever auditioned for the lead zombie in a movie?  According to scientology you have like 32 years
experience in being a walking corpse!  BounceGiggle

Why do you think my special nephew and niece call me Uncle Zombie?  Wink

Seriously, this lady - a fellow student - was very insistent that I come for "a stress test and analysis" as she was worried about me. My answer was that she didn't know me so why should she be worried? Thankfully, I didn't see her after that.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2019, 05:38:39 AM »

This was LRH's house in Johannesburg: quite an odd looking place which is now a museum.

www.lronhubbard.org.za

Don't hang around too long on that site: more than 2 minutes and you'll hear a POING and see a message saying Can I help you?

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2019, 06:34:23 AM »

Here in Germany Scientology is a registered society and not registered as a religious group.

I have no expierence whatsoever with Scientology, except for that one time a woman tried to give me one of Hubbard's books.

This happen at IKEA of all places  BounceGiggle

Maybe she needed your help to put it together  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Scientology experience anyone? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.