Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:54:22 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  People you'd like to see a good movie about. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: People you'd like to see a good movie about.  (Read 8154 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 15, 2019, 12:14:01 AM »

Alan Turing. British genius, creator of many of the theories and principes modern computers are based on. Was of vital help to england in ww2 by helping build computers to break Nazi codes,  created some of the earlier analog programmable computational devices. His contribution to the British war effort was incanucable.

His reward was to be hounded by the British government over his sexuality,  offered a choice between chemical castration or prison,  driven to suicide in a covert way so his family could collect his insruance.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 12:17:13 AM »

.Bela Lugosi.  Lookingup

.Tesla. This man got so f**ked and buried by history. Perhaps the greatest inventor of the 20th Century.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 12:43:57 AM »

Christopher Lee. Now there was a man who packed a lot into his life.

Lemmy. Willing to bet a warts (hah!) and all movie would blow anything in 'The Dirt', 'Bohemian Rhapsody' or 'Rocket Man' away lol.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 12:47:31 AM »

Lemmy. Willing to bet a warts (hah!) and all movie would blow anything in 'The Dirt', 'Bohemian Rhapsody' or 'Rocket Man' away lol.

I'll go see either of those!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 01:01:27 AM »

Alan Turing. British genius, creator of many of the theories and principes modern computers are based on. Was of vital help to england in ww2 by helping build computers to break Nazi codes,  created some of the earlier analog programmable computational devices. His contribution to the British war effort was incanucable.

His reward was to be hounded by the British government over his sexuality,  offered a choice between chemical castration or prison,  driven to suicide in a covert way so his family could collect his insruance.

Not one I've seen but you might want to check out The Imitation Game.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 03:28:20 AM »

Thanks Alex, I never heard of that one.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 03:29:15 AM »

[/quote]

That is a very good film indeed.

I would like to see a good biopic of a famous South African: the films made about Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko were not good and truthful as they should have been.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 06:21:54 AM »

I'm not very much into biographies that only tell the story of a person, instead of a particular event that just happens to serve as a mean to describe the character. Having said that...

...this fella right there would be my first choice. And I would ask Luca Turilli and Fabio Lione, the former members of Rhapsody, to make the soundtrack.

On the other hand, after watching the horrible TOLKIEN movie, I'd say I would like a good biography about that great writer and professor. A movie that tells more about his work, not a s**tty remake of DEAD POETS SOCIETY.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 07:26:57 AM »

On a slightly related note, Alan Turing has just been revealed as the face on the new £50 bank note.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 09:41:44 AM »

Gunther von Pluschow, World War I aviator and the only German POW in either World War to escape from a prison camp in the UK.
His life was a very cool odyssey!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 03:16:34 PM »

piers anthony, and a DECENT film about l.frank baum.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 03:48:23 PM »

Gunther von Pluschow, World War I aviator and the only German POW in either World War to escape from a prison camp in the UK.
His life was a very cool odyssey!

I may be wrong but I think I heard about a German pow in ww2 who escaped,  stayed either in England or some other non German country to avoid being shipped to Russia as slave labor and lived his life married to some woman who's story came up recently. He was ww2  so not the guy you talked about.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 03:55:47 PM »

https://gizmodo.com/computer-science-legend-alan-turing-to-appear-on-new-5-1836371758

If they put   pic of a gay person on a bill in america hate groups would explode, places would refuse to accept them, politicians would camPaign on a promise to ban them, etc. I wonder how this will do In england.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 03:58:15 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 04:02:49 PM »

On the theme of WW2, there were some Soviet POW's who escaped captivity and ended up as partisans in Italy. They knew that since they had been captured alive, should they ever return to the USSR that they'd be shot. As part of the agreements between the allies the UK had already agreed to return all Soviet POW's they liberated. The SAS were sent into Italy to work with the resistance and when the war ended they were ordered to put their comrades on a train to Moscow. Having spent some time fighting with these guys they decided on a liberal interpretation of their orders and rather than marching them at gunpoint to the train station invited the soldiers to go on a train ride home. The Soviets (many of whom had married local women) took the hint and disappeared and to the best of my knowledge lived out the rest of their lives in some of the remoter parts of northern Italy.

Anyway, I think that would make an interesting movie.

As for Turing on the £50 I haven't heard any protests about it. It is generally accepted that the government (and society in general) made a major mistake there. I have no doubt there would be some people who would be unhappy about it (although I doubt many of them will even know who Turing was never mind what he did).

Visited Bletchley Park once where they did all the code-breaking.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 04:31:55 PM »

OK my bad, what I remembered happened in america.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Gärtner

BTW, maybe it's time for a movie about the way German soldiers were  treated after ww2 especially in Russia. The Russian mass murder of German soldiers who surrendered in stalingrad, the murder of more who we're sent to Russia as basically slave labor by the allies,  etc.

With Vladimir Putin running Russia now maybe a movie reminding us how bad Russia could be  is one that needs made. As to russia threatening a boycott of it, so what?  Hollywood has a larger economy that Russia does now.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  People you'd like to see a good movie about. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.