Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:43:01 AM
714434 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Christopher Lee Dracula film. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Whats your favorite Lee Dracula movie?
HORROR OF DRACULA (1958) - 1 (12.5%)
DRACULA,PRINCE OF DARKNESS (1966) - 1 (12.5%)
DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE (1968) - 3 (37.5%)
COUNT DRACULA (1970) - 0 (0%)
TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA (1970) - 1 (12.5%)
SCARS OF DRACULA (1970) - 0 (0%)
DRACULA AD 1972 (1972) - 2 (25%)
the SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA (1973) - 0 (0%)
DRACULA, FATHER AND SON (1976) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Favorite Christopher Lee Dracula film.  (Read 8782 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2019, 11:59:11 PM »

I dunno,  drac's daughter didn't seem sexually interested in women, she just saw them as a food source. I mean is a vampire even capable of sexual activity?

No, according to ANNE RICE

However, the vampire's kiss has been compared with all kinds of wasting diseases, and sexuality has long been an aspect of vampire lore... like the incubus and the succubus.  Sex = death is an old trope. 

The French refer to the orgasms as "the little death".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_petite_mort

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2019, 12:00:30 AM »

I dunno,  drac's daughter didn't seem sexually interested in women, she just saw them as a food source. I mean is a vampire even capable of sexual activity?

However, the vampire's kiss has been compared with all kinds of wasting diseases, and sexuality has long been an aspect of vampire lore... like the incubus and the succubus.  Sex = death is an old trope. 

Not according to GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE, where a vampire has sex with a woman in an open grave!  Wink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 06:24:43 AM »

Ooohhh... VAMPIRE'S KISS, now that's a hilarious and underrated movie right there. For some reason people think it's an "unintentional" comedy just because it has Nicholas Cage, when the genre of the movie clearly is dark comedy.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
pennywise37

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 06:09:26 PM »

well Dracula's daughter really honestly isn't a very good movie, i mean it's not awful it's okay  but it's not one of the best Dracula films ever made either but  nor is it the worst either. as for Anne Rice yes Her Vampires  like you said and i like the way she has that in her version of being a vampire.  it's been than having glitter in the sunlight ya know?

i never minded the different ways to define what a vampire is when it comes to tv shows or movies. it just depends on how it's written that's all. like Buffy and the dust i love that Effect even though it was created to save money on having to spend extra money on the fx and it was cheap to do.

i never could get all the way through Vampire's Kiss and it's because mainly of Nick Cage who is really painfully awful in that film from what i've seen of it. not everything he was good in when it comes to his early stuff.  thankfully he became a better actor but when it comes to his early stuff  a lot of it i cringe at and it's not always because the movie itself is bad it's just his performance in it. like Peggy Sue Got married is an okay film and he plays it for laughs  that doesn't bother me as it is a black comedy of sorts.

but he's awful in that film it  like he's even said is completely out of place compared to the rest of the cast.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 11:06:49 PM »

I dunno,  drac's daughter didn't seem sexually interested in women, she just saw them as a food source. I mean is a vampire even capable of sexual activity?

No, according to ANNE RICE.  
However, the vampire's kiss has been compared with all kinds of wasting diseases, and sexuality has long been an aspect of vampire lore... like the incubus and the succubus.  Sex = death is an old trope.  

Not according to GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE, where a vampire has sex with a woman in an open grave!  Wink

One of my favorite TRASHY BAD (as in bad for you) movies.  A craptastic classic!  Emphasis on sick.  
Are you reading my English or Thetan?  There's no doubt he's DAED.  DED DED DED.  Sex = death.  

Here 'tis:  

Small | Large

« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 11:09:50 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2019, 11:06:02 AM »

i never could get all the way through Vampire's Kiss and it's because mainly of Nick Cage who is really painfully awful in that film from what i've seen of it. not everything he was good in when it comes to his early stuff.  thankfully he became a better actor but when it comes to his early stuff  a lot of it i cringe at and it's not always because the movie itself is bad it's just his performance in it. like Peggy Sue Got married is an okay film and he plays it for laughs  that doesn't bother me as it is a black comedy of sorts.

but he's awful in that film it  like he's even said is completely out of place compared to the rest of the cast.

One of Cages best movies! Next to BAD LIEUTENANT: PORT OF CALL NEW ORLEANS!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pennywise37

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2019, 10:02:26 PM »

i never did get through that one either i thought it was awful but to each their own man
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2019, 04:26:18 AM »

As far as Anne Rice goes. BLEH. Gothic romance junk for teenage girls who like to dress-up as vampires.
I'll take any Hammer film over Rice's junk any day.
Why would I want to watch Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt as vampires? Ugh!  Buggedout
No offense... Wink

I just rewatched HORROR OF DRACULA-dam! Mebbe I'll change my vote...!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 04:32:36 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pennywise37

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2019, 09:21:44 PM »

that's fine her stuff is just different and i don't mind different takes on vampires and no i don't mean Twilight either. i enjoy her stuff cause it is different but  i haven't read all of her books. her Mayfair witches books though i really love though in fact they were going to do a mini-series of The Witching Hour which is my favorite book of hers even ahead of Interview with a Vampire! 

anyways i've seen plenty of takes of vampires and some were really good and others stunk. True Blood was a good take on it for example,  the problem with Vampires these days is they now have far too many vampire films and i dunno if they are back being scary but for a long time  Twilight really hurt vampires but what i really find funny and it's worth having those movies around when i read an interview with the guy who played Edward Cullen i did look up the name by the way, anyways when those movies were still coming out he said during i think promotion of one of them how much of a p***y Edward is and that just got me laughing because you don't normally hear that, now he's the next Batman and i went WTF?
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2019, 10:14:10 PM »

Well drifting off into Anne rice books I kinda liked the first 3 vampire novels and I liked "blood and gold",  the story of marius.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
pennywise37

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2019, 04:13:51 PM »

i've only read the 1st three books and i haven't gotten around to read the 4th because the cover to my paperback started to fall apart and when glued back on years ago i just never got around to reading it. blood and gold i can't remember if i even have that one, there's some i have on paperback i have some on hardback as well. what makes me still laugh is that after i forget which one she had swore never to write another one and than just do Religious books,

well she did 2 or 3 of those and than went back to the Vampire books. her books to me have never felt like they were written for women, though Cry  to heaven i have on paperback about the guy who got his nuts cut off you know the singer how they do that,   well i have that one on paperback and i  tried to read it years ago and it was really bad at least i thought it was and i just never finished it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Christopher Lee Dracula film. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.