Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:35:32 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  frankenstein movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: frankenstein movies  (Read 6225 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 24, 2019, 02:18:04 PM »

Ok, Dracula and vampire movies have had their fun, so now let's talk out favorite Frankenstein movies.

Obviously bride is a big fave. I also liked "Mary Shelley's frankenstein" as it came at least close to the original novel.

I'll also recommend a really strange and obscure one called "Frankenstein unbound" starring John Hurt and Raul Julia as Dr. Frankenstein. It was an odd movie but oddly good. Not a typical frankenstein movie at all. Rauk Julia made an unusual but effective Doctor in it.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 12:59:01 PM »

The first one from 1931. The Bride 2nd. SON OF 3rd.

Then you got I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN (1957) which I love.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 01:44:59 PM »

Ok, Dracula and vampire movies have had their fun, so now let's talk out favorite Frankenstein movies.

Obviously bride is a big fave. I also liked "Mary Shelley's frankenstein" as it came at least close to the original novel.

I'll also recommend a really strange and obscure one called "Frankenstein unbound" starring John Hurt and Raul Julia as Dr. Frankenstein. It was an odd movie but oddly good. Not a typical frankenstein movie at all. Rauk Julia made an unusual but effective Doctor in it.
RAUL JULIA was good in everything (talk about bacon).  That film is not "obscure", it just wasn't a big success.  If you're interested in SciFi, the novel is wonderful (a followup Dracula Unbound, not so much). 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 02:34:16 PM »

ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948) is an all-time favorite. I play it every Thanksgiving. Along with KING KONG. My Grandson loves it. (He's 8.) And me and my sons and Tiana too. Tiana loves movies with giant monsters. Kong and Godzilla are her favorites.
She's a sweetie!  Cheers

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 02:41:00 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
chainsaw midget

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 05:38:54 PM »

Abbot and Costello is always my go-to for Universal Monsters in general. 

All the Universal Monster goodness, without the bland protagonists of the time. 
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 08:52:15 PM »

RAUL JULIA was good in everything (talk about bacon).  That film is not "obscure", it just wasn't a big success.  If you're interested in SciFi, the novel is wonderful (a followup Dracula Unbound, not so much). 

Now that must be an obscure movie,  I never heard of it!  Will look for it, thanks.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 09:27:37 PM »

Now that must be an obscure movie,  I never heard of it!  Will look for it, thanks.

What're you talking about?  I mentioned a novel. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 10:38:47 PM »

I liked many of the Hammer Frankenstein films too. EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN (1964) being a favorite.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 01:21:24 AM »

What're you talking about?  I mentioned a novel. 

Hmm,  no wonder I never heard of the movie but i'll  look up the book if it's  by the same author.

claws
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 03:10:01 AM »

Frankenstein, Frankenstein themed or featuring a Frankenstein's Monster type movies I own and enjoyed:

Van Helsing (2004)
The Monster Squad (1987)
Young Frankenstein (1974)
Victor Frankenstein (2015)
I, Frankenstein (2014)
Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter (1966)
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994)
Lady Frankenstein (1971)
Frankenweenie (2012)
Gods and Monsters (1998)
Frankenstein's Army (2013)
chainsaw midget

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 05:24:33 PM »

Frankenstein, Frankenstein themed or featuring a Frankenstein's Monster type movies I own and enjoyed:

Van Helsing (2004)
The Monster Squad (1987)
I, Frankenstein (2014)
Lady Frankenstein (1971)
Frankenweenie (2012)
Gods and Monsters (1998)
What?  No Rocky Horror Picture Show? 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »

Van Helsing (2004)
The Monster Squad (1987)
I, Frankenstein (2014)
Lady Frankenstein (1971)
Frankenweenie (2012)
Gods and Monsters (1998)

Of all those named- I only seen YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN (at the Strand in Paw Paw Mi.) and LADY FRANKENSTEIN. Oh yeah- JESSE JAMES MEETS FRANKENSTEIN'S DAUGHTER.
Wait! I seen FRANKENWEENIE (I loved it!) and GODS AND MONSTERS. Enjoyed that as well.

As far as the look of Frankenstein-Karloff first, Glenn strange on a very close second.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 02:27:26 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 08:53:26 PM »

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 12:43:05 AM »

Out of them all, the only one that was scary was the first one.

Small | Large

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2019, 12:54:31 AM »

The first Frankenstein movie was made in 1910 by Thomas edison's studio.

Barely watchable but an intact copy does exist. 

https://youtu.be/w-fM9meqfQ4

BTW,  "evil of Frankenstein" featuring the Frankenstein that looks like it's makeup consists of dried mud and straw,  is on svengoolie next week.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  frankenstein movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.