Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:22:29 PM
714483 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Harrison ford claims only he can be Indy. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Harrison ford claims only he can be Indy.  (Read 6265 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 29, 2019, 08:22:14 PM »

Harrison ford claims he is the only man who can ever play Indiana Jones and when he quits playing him the character is gone.

Yeah,  Harry?  Sean Connery was replaced as James Bond. If Sean Connery can be replaced,  you sure can.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 08:51:21 PM »

It's not a good comparison.  Bond existed before Connery.  Indy was always Harrison Ford. 
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 11:33:54 PM »

Indy existed before ford, they just called him Allen Quartermain.

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 06:03:10 AM »

And he's right, sorry. They tried to introduce his son and pass the torch to him but I'm pretty sure most people hated him. And with good reason, because he sucks.

What about, instead of replacing him, just stop milking the franchise and come up with something original for once? Lazy bastards.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Bushma

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 07:20:10 AM »

I think Ford would be accurate.  There are characters which are identified by a sole actor, and Indiana Jones is one of those characters. 

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 07:20:53 AM »

Well people hated crystal skull in general and not without reason. It wasn't as bad as temple of doom but it was still bad.

Also shia lebouf has gone from top of the world to total has been.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 07:22:00 AM »

I think a lot of actors could be Indy. Karl urban, maybe Daniel Craig.

chainsaw midget

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 09:19:38 AM »

I really don't see what was so bad about Crystal Skull.  I always hear people talk about how silly or unrealistic the alien skull was but I don't get it.  If Indy can find a 700 year old knight and the Holy Grail then he can find an alien. 

Also, Harrison might be forgetting that Indy has been played by other people.  River Phoenix played a young Indiana Jones in last Crusade and there was a whole TV show, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles that had a few different actors playing Indy as various ages. 

Having said that, I'm not saying that I'm for them continuing the Jones series.  I think it's fine where it is. 
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 09:46:22 AM »

I really don't see what was so bad about Crystal Skull.  I always hear people talk about how silly or unrealistic the alien skull was but I don't get it.  If Indy can find a 700 year old knight and the Holy Grail then he can find an alien.  

I didn't liked the movie but not because of its sillyness, I was expecting that actually, but more about the whole "nostalgia" deal that it seems so prevalecent nowadays. They bring old characters for the sake of it, just for you to get a fix of the old times. Mutt is an awful character, and I couldn't stand him - that guy just ruins the screen for me. Oh, and that part with all the monkeys... like, seriously...

Even for a Indiana Jones movie, there were situations in which it was quite hard for the suspension of desbelief to kick in, like the infamous refrigerator scene. I know he has done some pretty crazy stuff in the past, but you may as well just say "yeah, he's immortal" and remove any form of tension from the rest of the film.

And last, the alien stuff isn't bad per se, it's just so off with the whole saga. I liked the idea of man-made magical artifacts with mysterious powers, the whole concept of not knowing how those things came to be. Imagine if in THE LAST CRUSADE Jesus came walking and said "yeah, that's my cup", which it's pretty much what happened with the crystal skull. Not to mention, my favorite scene is when they carry the ark into that huge warehouse, which was completely ruined as soon as KINGDOM OF CRYSTAL SKULL started. Any sense of secretness about that place was gone.

Overall, for me, it was a pretty bad movie. The parts were it got fun was just more of the same, so basically, I would rather watch one of the older ones instead. Another lame excuse for an idea in the form of a reboot, like STAR WARS.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 12:08:36 PM »

Crystal skull was just a stupid mess from first to last frame.

Gotta find something magnetic? Just sprinkle some gunpowder in the air and it'll head for it like a snake,  going around corners all while hovering at like 4 feet over the ground.

Giant ants drag full grown men into their underground hive.

And of course the  fridge.

At least it wasn't the worst IJ movie, but let's face it, the only good o esare when he's  killing Nazis.

If there was a good scene in it it might have been when the traitor, rrealzing Indy will risk his  life to save him and he's not worth it, lets himself get sucked into the wormhole to keep Indy from dying trying to save him.

Also it had a strong  competent woman in it who naturally  gets killed in fire since Spielberg seems to have some sort of fire fetish.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 06:56:57 PM »

You guys do know the whole series is based on my life and adventures, right?
They were even going to call the main character "Indiana Smith" until I threatened to sue!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 11:32:52 PM »

They were even going to call the main character "Indiana Smith" until I threatened to sue!

I think you got a little too much sun during those 3 days on the beach,  Indy.  Wink

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 05:58:34 AM »

The original version wasn't a guy trying to find artifacts but rather forgotten b-movies in old Blockbusters in ruins.  Twirling

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2019, 05:43:29 PM »

Untitled Indiana Jones Project (2021)
With principal photography beginning 2020.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2019, 10:58:03 PM »

I just hope they want to cast a strong actress in the female lead and she tells speilburg she will notbe a helpless screaming object that ford must rescue from some fiery peril and she will not be stereotyped as overawed by the indy mystique.

Honestly what I liked about crystal skull was a strong woman character,  but in the end her head had to burst into flames because speilberg has some fiery peril fetish....

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Harrison ford claims only he can be Indy. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.