Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:36:56 PM
714447 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Strange but good things that happen to you. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strange but good things that happen to you.  (Read 2513 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 03, 2019, 11:37:14 PM »

Last week or so I got a letter from the Nielsen company. Yep, the people who used to do all the tv reviews. I opened it on a whim and am glad I did. There was a dollar bill in it, and a note that if I logged in to their sire and filled out a consumer questionare i'd get a 10$ bill.

Well, after at least 200 or so questions I entered my I'd code they sent me.

Today, envelope from them came,  and contained a 10$ bill.

Wow,  people  seeing real money in the mail is weird,  and following thru with more when I did my end iof the deal,  wow.

Just a little good strangeness that wandered thru my life for a while.

Anything strange but good happen to you?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 02:47:21 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 11:57:00 PM »

Last year I was doing a book signing and this older gentleman came by my table and talked for about 30 minutes.
He didn't buy a book, but he said that he was a professional publicist and wanted to help me, free of charge.
Long story short, he designed my website, business cards, and professional brochures, and printed up 5000 of them for me . . . free of charge.
You can see his work at my site,   www.lewisbensmith.com

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 12:33:41 AM »

Eeewww, can I play, Sven? I got one.

I bought a copy of a Mark Twain book at a thrift store last spring (his Hawaiian trip notes) and when I read it I found a dollar bill dated 1993 someone had left inside.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 12:41:11 AM »

Years and years ago,  I can't really remember, one with der we had like 6-10" of snow on the ground and one night someone,  likely a kid but maybe not, snuck into my backyard and made a yin-yang symbol in the middle of it,  at least 8' across,  fairly neatly done with feet making a circle a couple times then going thru the middle to make the S like middle,  then apparentkynhe bent over and packed down snow with his hands to make the dots.

It was just something wonderful and mysterious and exotic in a dull season,  it brought a moment of wonder to my life at the time. A real mystical moment. It's been years and years since it happens,  I have not forgotten.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 12:44:42 AM »

That is really cool, Sven.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 08:39:03 AM »

Eeewww, can I play, Sven? I got one.

I bought a copy of a Mark Twain book at a thrift store last spring (his Hawaiian trip notes) and when I read it I found a dollar bill dated 1993 someone had left inside.

Speaking of things found in books...
I found an old book about the Presidents from 1912 (it ended with Teddy Roosevelt) and in the middle was an old dried, pressed rose.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 02:50:40 PM »

Books.  Speaking of books, are we?

Some months ago a relative bought a huge number of books in plastic thumbs with lids on them because they we're so cheap it was worth it to get the tubs and lids.

I searched thru the books and found a realm hard to find treasure in it. "The iron dream" by normal spinrad.

That nook is fairly rare,  finding one at a yardsale was a fluke

And man,  is that book strange.....

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 11:27:21 PM »

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »

BTW i'm going to give the 10 to my local animal shelter.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 07:20:39 AM »

Dunno if they were good, though they were strange, but I had incidents of synchronicity occur this summer, peaking last month, that started to get spooky and had me reading Carl Jung for the first time since college. As with all things like that, they were what they were, I couldn't find any life-changing lesson or message in them, only a puzzling pattern, like a connective thread was being pulled across life and I was seeing it, and time went on bolstered by the frustrating truth that either beguiling coincidences are part of existence, or something is at work and it enjoys teasing us. I'm no more enlightened, only left more open minded about such things.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 01:55:49 PM »

I've seen ufo's. And I don't mean lights in the sky.
And I wasn't drunk, and there were more than just me there, and all 3 times it was board daylight.
Those were " OH s**t!" moments- because they didn't last more than 2 minutes apiece.
And they all looked different.
All my brothers and sisters saw one in 1970 that was shaped like a real skinny blimp over our farmhouse in 1972.
Me and my freind Tommy, his girlfreind, an old guy named Lester (who spotted it first) and Tommy's friend all saw one while fixing the  tire on Lester's van. It looked like a Tylonol capslue only gray- and it was being followed by tiny jets.
The third was when me and my brother Richie were out  chopping up a small tree that fell in the backyard with an axe and hacksaw. There was an ice storm the night before, knocked a small tree down. I look up- the sky is blue and cloudless. It's real cold. About 19 degrees. But we needed the $.  Anyway! 2 disks- about if you held 2 dimes about arms length, were cruising side by side up in the sky. It was about 9 in the morning. Richie says" Look! Flying saucers!" That was in 1999?
I didnt bother to look. Yeah, right, likely geese. " He grabbed my chin and pointed my face at the sky- "LOOK!" Yeah- it was 2 flying disks, side by side. Then they did a flip, or it looked like a bright sun glare on them both- and POW! They were gone as fast as anything I had ever seen beyond a hummingbird!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 03:09:10 PM »

I've seen ufo's. And I don't mean lights in the sky.
And I wasn't drunk, and there were more than just me there, and all 3 times it was board daylight.
Those were " OH s**t!" moments- because they didn't last more than 2 minutes apiece.
And they all looked different.
All my brothers and sisters saw one in 1970 that was shaped like a real skinny blimp over our farmhouse in 1972.
Me and my freind Tommy, his girlfreind, an old guy named Lester (who spotted it first) and Tommy's friend all saw one while fixing the  tire on Lester's van. It looked like a Tylonol capslue only gray- and it was being followed by tiny jets.
The third was when me and my brother Richie were out  chopping up a small tree that fell in the backyard with an axe and hacksaw. There was an ice storm the night before, knocked a small tree down. I look up- the sky is blue and cloudless. It's real cold. About 19 degrees. But we needed the $.  Anyway! 2 disks- about if you held 2 dimes about arms length, were cruising side by side up in the sky. It was about 9 in the morning. Richie says" Look! Flying saucers!" That was in 1999?
I didnt bother to look. Yeah, right, likely geese. " He grabbed my chin and pointed my face at the sky- "LOOK!" Yeah- it was 2 flying disks, side by side. Then they did a flip, or it looked like a bright sun glare on them both- and POW! They were gone as fast as anything I had ever seen beyond a hummingbird!

In the mid '90s I filmed out of the car what we thought was a UFO. This was while we were on vacation in Italy. It was on the freeway and raining buckets. Most cars have slowed down because windshield wipers couldn't handle the massive rain. There was a large dark object with blinking lights floating very low above the road, moving from right to left. Some people got out of their car to get a better look.

The footage I filmed didn't reveal much detail because it was dark during the storm (late afternoon), though we could make out the blurry shape (cigar shaped) and blinking lights. And yeah, the tape got lost over the years.

I saw a silver disc shaped UFO while waiting on the bus in a small village. I saw it the very moment I thought about my Grandmother who passed away a few years prior. The saucer was standing still in the sky, right next to a church. Less than a minute it zoomed away like, very fast  BounceGiggle This was in the late '90s.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Strange but good things that happen to you. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.