Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:30:05 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Death Race 2000 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death Race 2000  (Read 2240 times)
Luke Bannon
« on: June 02, 2002, 10:14:19 AM »

I read on the Internet Movie Database that there is a re-make of Death Race 2000 being made called Death Race 3000 and it'll star Tom Cruise as Frankenstein. Sounds interesting, don't ya thinK?
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2002, 02:12:52 PM »

Um....why? Well, interesting, yeah....but nessary? How are they going to handle the P.C. police, as the idea of the "Scoreing system" is goin to P.O. at the least the AARP set? If they don't mind the harping, it could work, but catching the thunder twice will be a trick.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2002, 03:29:10 PM »

I heard about that. I'm not sure how I feel about it... What made the original such a classic was its anarchistic humor, which the major studios don't have a good track record with. On the other hand, I hear Corman will be involved, and Stallone might return as Machine Gun Joe!
Scott
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2002, 10:28:20 PM »

I seen the original again about 1 year ago. The original isn't as good as I remember it from when I seen it in the 70's.
AndyC
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2002, 12:07:29 AM »

I can just imagine it being redone as a hip action movie, targeted at today's young audience and infested with pretty-boy actors. Not what the original was about at all.

I'm inclined to agree with flangepart. Why do we need a remake?
Luke Bannon
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2002, 02:34:21 AM »

Hmm, yeah I see your point. It could ruin the whole point of the first movie.  But I  dunno, if it is made I might just make up my own mind which is better.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2002, 03:36:40 PM »

After what we saw happened to ROLLERBALL!?

GAHHHHHHHHHHHH

No one is even going to KNOW its a remake.

Just like rollerball! When I was in the theatre I saw a preview and all these pre-teens and teens were going wild for it with its Limp Bizkit crap music. It was funny laughing at them.

-Dan
BadTaste_nz
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2002, 06:43:45 PM »

i heard that instead of running people over they are just going to try and crash into each other :(AndyC wrote:
>
> I can just imagine it being redone as a hip action
> movie, targeted at today's young audience and infested with
> pretty-boy actors. Not what the original was about at all.
>
> I'm inclined to agree with flangepart. Why do we need a
> remake?
Vermin Boy
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2002, 09:34:30 PM »

Dear sweet God, I hope that's not true. There's a point where a remake ceases to be a remake, folks, and this is it. The very heart of the original was the black, slapstick humor inherent in getting points for running people over. Haven't there already been "cars crashing into each other" movies? If the whole concept of the movie is changed, and it's being marketed to people who probably haven't even heard of the original, what's the friggin' point? Paul Bartel is spinning in his grave (or maybe just dancing to the Ramones).
Flangepart
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2002, 12:24:22 PM »

See, tole ya! The P.C. police have ruined the satirical point of the friggin flick. Looks like a job for (Ta-Ta-Ta-Taaaaa) Sequal Buster! and his sidekick, Rerun Lad. We enter,  as S.B. wuss slaps a hollywood suit, while dangling him over a memo spike, asking the suit to "Say hell-o to my Lil friend, Mr Grenade down the pants."
Luke Bannon
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2002, 02:57:29 AM »

OH DEAR! I hoped, prayed, dreamed that they\'d keep it to the original idea. Now it\'s gone and ruined the whole damn point! That\'s Hollywood for you
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Death Race 2000 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.