Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:26:44 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies You Outgrew « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies You Outgrew  (Read 8161 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 06:50:44 PM »

Star wars, sad to say.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 09:18:10 PM »

Most of the fluff I enjoyed as a kid is unimpressive, or I love as a bad movie, or I rediscover.  I had outgrown THE WIZARD OF OZ... then, I learned to love it again!  All the parts I disliked as a kid I now LOVE.  It's definitely a favorite.  Again. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2019, 10:23:48 PM »

I loved this as a kid for some reason  Question

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 06:06:52 AM »

I loved this as a kid for some reason  Question

I rewatched that one recently and I have to say, it's hilarious, but only thanks to Lloyd Bridges. Without him the movie would be a complete disaster.

PINK FLOYD: THE WALL. Loved it as a moody teenager; now it just seems whiny. (Although maybe that's more outgrowing the album the movie's based on, because I still think the visuals can be great).

Completely agree! I still love the movie but I don't really like Waters' music to be honest. He was always a depressing and annoying man, and it shows in his song, which half of them are about the war. Nowadays I prefer listening to the more uplifting nature of David Gilmour, who is just a perfect musician.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:09:40 AM by Gabriel Knight » Logged

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2019, 09:59:46 AM »

I'm afraid to watch The Wall for that reason. Once upon a time it was a little bit magical. Would it be today?

There used to be a college class locally that analyzed The Wall, as an album and a film and  a metaphor, and I'd sometimes go to that campus at night (this was circa 1991, maybe) when my mom took some arts classes there, and I would go sit in the big lecture hall where that was going on, and nobody ever chased me out.

Maybe they figured I was some childhood genius? No, likely not, nah.

Another film I have probably outgrown is My Own Private Idaho. That movie ruled my life and my friends' lives for about two months in late 1993 and I tried to see it again recently and....zero connection. I didn't even care if Bob was the hatchet man or not.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2019, 12:00:43 PM »

Star Trek: The (Slow) Motion Picture. Seemed really good when it first came out, then as I got older I saw it as being a cheap knock off of 2001.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2019, 01:03:25 AM »

Battlestar Galactica (1978). Absolutely loved this as a kid. Rewatched it a couple of years ago and it is just... lame in every way. It does have lasers going pew pew, though.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 03:19:31 PM »

SON OF GODZILLA (1967) 

I watched it last night for the first time in decades - I haven't seen it since I was a kid.  I think when I was under 10 years of age, I liked it.  However, it's not great.  It's sillier than ever. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2019, 03:23:39 PM »

Wizards. Was great fun as a kid, but on watching it as an adult it leaves much to be desired.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2019, 05:13:58 PM »

The Cat in the Hat and Son of the Mask.

Yes, my taste was REALLY that awful.

chainsaw midget

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2020, 06:18:57 PM »

The Cat in the Hat and Son of the Mask.

Yes, my taste was REALLY that awful.
Wow.  Even for a place that prides itself on the love of bad movies, you had picked some stinkers. 
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2020, 08:12:55 PM »

Any of those old dinosaur movies where the dinosaurs are played by real animals, particularly the ones where they had them fight,  (There's the well known one with a caiman and a tegu lizard)  when I was younger , all  I could think about was how they were calling these animals by dinosaur names when they were clearly not dinosaurs.  I could still enjoy the movie in a camp way,

Now a days all I can think about in these scenes is the animal cruelty.  Some of those animals probably suffered fatal wounds for those parts.  Kind of makes it a little tough to watch as an adult whose trying to be more eco/animal friendly.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2020, 12:21:27 PM »

PINK FLOYD: THE WALL. Loved it as a moody teenager; now it just seems whiny. (Although maybe that's more outgrowing the album the movie's based on, because I still think the visuals can be great).

I couldn't agree more.
Floyd was great in the 60's, but went downhill from there.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2020, 12:19:03 PM »

The Black Hole (1979). I loved this movie as a 5-year-old kid mainly because of the robots. Maximilian was my absolute favorite! I used to run around the house doing his rotating chopper blades with my hands when I was a kid; my dad still teases me about it today.

Plus it has one of the best casting lists ever put into a Disney film: Robert Forster! Maximilian Schell! Anthony Perkins! Ernest Borgnine!

So why does it suck? Because it is boring as watching paint dry. I subscribed to Disney+ last November and spotted it last month so I thought that I'd give it a watch after not seeing it for literally 35 years. That was a definite reality check! All of those years of my dad saying that the movie sucked and grudgingly renting the movie from the video store just to shut me up, and he was right the whole time. Amazing how you don't see that kind of stuff as a kid.

What fascinates me is that one of my all-time favorite bad movies, Dune (1984), suffers from the exact same symptoms as The Black Hole (1979): Great casting list, fantastic special effects, awesome music and sound effects, terrible screenwriting. Yet Dune (1984) I can watch repeatedly and it is still entertaining after all of these years, but I could barely sit through The Black Hole (1979) last month and it literally wore me out from being so boring that I went to bed right afterward.  Question

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies You Outgrew « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.