Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:32:46 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I an such a MORON!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD I?????!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I an such a MORON!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD I?????!!!  (Read 3102 times)
Private Joker
« on: June 01, 2002, 11:04:00 AM »

OK, I'm in a state of emotional trauma now, so give me condolences or something.
I have two of my favorite movies on tape, Braindead and The Frighteners (Braindead probably being on my top 5 list, probably number 1). I wanted to tape Scanners, so I used this tape. The next morning, I rewound the tape to the beginning, and didn't see a rat monkey being captured. I saw a man staring at an old woman. I realized I had taped over Briaindead and the beginning of The Frighteners.
After coming back to conciousness, I checked the schedules of both IFC and Encore and neither of them are going to be on next month.
Should I buy them? I love Braindead and can't go without watching it once a month for some reason. The Frighteners I can go without. It's just that I HAVE THE TAPE LABELED ALREADY. And I can't stop beating myself up about what a moron I was to rewind the tape. Now I'm beating myself up about having no girlfriend (since I'm already upset), so I need to do something fast.
Replies?
systemcr4sh
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2002, 11:18:57 AM »

if you have the money, Buy em.
-Dan
Cullen
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2002, 11:39:37 AM »

Buy 'em, if you can.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2002, 11:40:43 AM »

Plus Scanners had terrible sound quality when I taped it.  I couldn't hear anything, it was so soft.  So that's 3 movies down the drain.  
Is Scanners any good though?
Cullen
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2002, 11:45:17 AM »

Not worth taping over Braindead for, however.  In my opinion.
john
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2002, 12:44:48 PM »

I like Scanners, but I wouldn't say it'sa great movie. I think it was one of the first to have a graphic scene of an exploding head though.
mogwai
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2002, 12:17:48 AM »

this has to be funniest post ever!!
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2002, 02:43:28 AM »

In my book, Scanners is okay to watch once (as a rental), but not keep.

Stephen Lack (the man staring at the old woman) is genuinely awful, and the movie is dead right there as he is our main character/hero. Jennifer O'Neill doesn't help one bit.

I imagine that's largely because the concept on which the script turns is never plausible to begin with, and it just gets worse as it goes. There is much talk of scanners dominating the world, but even their leader almost does himself in making just one head pop. Assorted unmemorable scanners spend the movie killing each other and some cops and bystanders, but they don't do anything a shotgun couldn't accomplish faster. The ending consists of two men glaring at each other in some back room, then being replaced by ten minutes of mannequins and mediocre latex-splatter work. Only viewers who want--and I mean REALLY want--to get involved in the story will do so.

David Cronenberg, Michael Ironside, Patrick McGoohan have all done much better stuff. If it didn't start out with a head explosion, the thing would be forgotten today.

The lost tapes: rent 'em, buy 'em used. I doubt there's a person who's ever taped a movie who hasn't made that little mistake...
Will
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2002, 09:39:54 AM »

I would use my money for the girlfriend issue first....
Private Joker
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2002, 05:12:03 PM »

No, no no.  I've been depressed lately and taping over these movies kinda made me real mad.  I have had no girlfriend lately so this just makes me feel more sorry for myself.
Lee
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2002, 11:35:02 PM »

Hell I haven't had a girlfriend in 20 years!!! Oh crap did I just admit that? DAMMIT!!
Cullen
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2002, 02:14:44 AM »

Don't worry about spilling the beans there, Lee.  There those of us on the board who haven't had dates in their lives.

Not me, of course.

I've got a harem.

Two harems, actually.

With women.

Really.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I an such a MORON!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD I?????!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.