Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:52:50 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Falafal Quesadilla « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Falafal Quesadilla  (Read 3586 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: November 04, 2019, 10:11:35 PM »

went to a pretty strange place for lunch today. It's a Mexican place https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-triunfo-boston that's right next to a Shawarma place (called ali baba or something). There's a twist though: both places are actually the same place

the kitchen is in the Mexican place. There was a giant shawarma thing behind the Spanish lady who took, and ultimately made, my order of a chicken quesadilla.

I asked to use the bathroom and had to go out the front door and go into the Shawarma place!

Anyway I noted they had a falafal quesadilla

the chicken quesadilla was good, so I'm considering getting one.

This is in downtown Boston near a huge homeless shelter
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 12:12:35 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 02:44:20 PM »

I have NEVER ate Indian food. There is just no where to get it around here unless we feel like walking 25 miles or so into Kalamazoo, because we don't have a car. And we live out in the sticks. I can get Mexican food anytime. The lady done the street sells homemade Mexican food. She usta sell it out of the back of a truck at Honee Bear Canning. The best food I ever ate in my whole life.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 02:51:43 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 06:09:04 PM »

Indian food is probably worth that walk, Ronny.    Thumbup

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 06:56:02 PM »

I've had Indian a time or two, but if you don't like curry it's hard to swallow!  (And I HATE curry, LOL!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 09:20:05 PM »

Falafels aren't Indian, they're Middle Eastern. They are similar to Indian but a lot less spicy (at least the ones I've tried are on the mild side).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 09:23:06 PM »

blech.  Lookingup

don't EVEN...EVER!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 09:33:46 PM »

Falafels aren't Indian, they're Middle Eastern.

thank you rev!

RC- authentic Mexican is the best

chef - its fusion. there's a peru-Italian place in the North end. fusion...fusion

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 01:46:58 PM »

i know, i'm just too old school i guess. never have been a fan of the fusion trend. Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 01:37:35 PM »

fusion at the takeout level is pretty unusual though. its like KFC making pizza wings somehow
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 01:45:30 PM »

I never even heard of 'fusion!'
You learn something new every day!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 02:51:18 PM »

it's definitely unusual at that level, lester. most of the fusion restaurants i see are way high dollar, and the food is not fabulous if you ask someone who isn't talking about just" being seen" there. i'm thinking it would likely be better food at the takeout/bar food level, that's generally where i see the true food lovers with serious talent working.
  i met a cook in key west working in a dive bar, the guy was classically trained and he and the owner are true pit masters, imho. i'm pretty picky about BBQ, especially pork, and this was hands down THE best pulled pork i've ever had. i talked to the cook for awhile, asked why he was working there instead of a high end joint and he told me it was for the love of food that he had, and that the owner( and his wife who owns a bakery) have, the money thing wasn't important to him anymore. they DO have a couple of fusionish sauces that they let me try, i wasn't crazy about the mango or the lime ones, but the on with beach plums was EXCELLENT. it had all the elements of a regular BBQ sauce, with an undernote of deep sweetness from the plums, and a spicy afternote from a combo of cinnamon, pink peppercorns and thai peppers, it was LUSCIOUS.
  that kind of fusion works for me. it's still just BBQ sauce, but a whole new flavor profile, if that makes sense.

don't EVEN...EVER!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 02:56:29 PM »

ronny, the wife with the bakery, she had KNISHES! REAL KNISHES IN FLORIDA! and she had a couple of" fusion" knishes too, lol! one that i loved that SHOULD be on her menu,  you would have too, it was  mashed potato, chopped ham& the crunchy top crust of  baked mac& cheese, it was TO DIE FOR ! i'm gonna figure out how to make that, for sure.

don't EVEN...EVER!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 09:35:45 PM »

yeah there was a guy on my street who worked at a 4 star restaurant and quit to work at a regular sort of place around here. He said that people in those places want a lot for their money, implying it was like high pressure.

theres a peru- Italian fusion place in the North End

https://www.tarantarist.com/food/

"Lomito de Res en Costra de Cafe Espresso  

Grass Fed Espresso coffee crusted beef tenderloin over a sweet potato puree, sautéed escarole with algarrobina-vincotto sauce"  only $39 hell yeah
claws
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2019, 08:40:11 AM »

I'd try Falafel Quesadillas. It doesn't seem that much wildly out of the ordinary to me heh (judging by pics I've just googled).

There's a new asian food place near where I work. They offer the usual thai based stuff, and two wok fusion dishes. One is called "Bamberger Hörnla" which is an old potato variety from Franconia including said potatoes, onions, sweetheart cabbage, carrots, bell peppers and egerlinge (local mushroom) with an option to include either coarse bratwurst or smoked blood sausage.

The other is called Bratwurst-Wok including bratwurst, onions, sweetheart cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, egerlinge, sprouts, bamboo, broccoli, zucchini and green beans in a bavarian mustard & coconut milk sauce served with rice.

I haven't tried either yet and I'm not quite sure if I will, the idea of mixing thai with bavarian cuisine sounds very weird.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2019, 01:05:43 PM »

mustard and coconut milk is VERY weird.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Falafal Quesadilla « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.