Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:25:08 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things in today's society/world/economy that you are THANKFUL for! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Things in today's society/world/economy that you are THANKFUL for!  (Read 3451 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: November 18, 2019, 09:29:13 PM »

Hey folks.
It's getting easier and easier to be a cranky, angry old fart about so many things going on around me these days-- gas prices going way back up, "gender neutral" b.s., extreme political correctness, expensive things, uber-political yahoos, bad driving, etc.

But try to find some POSITIVES in today's society!

I am thankful that groceries are still pretty reasonable (in my area at least).  I can still get a loaf of bread for less than a buck, SUPER cheap hamburger, vegetables, chicken, etc.

Thank God for the internet-- and really, just over $40 a month for super high speed is okay.  I've always been pretty anti-social and this is how I am able to learn about anything involving the world or whatever without even having to talk with people.

I am grateful that I got a great deal on a nice house and I was able to afford all the upgrades I made to it, and all my allergies from moldy apartments are a thing of the past.

I have fairly decent transportation around me to get around (even though I do need to walk a few miles to get home at night), and go to work.

I am grateful I make decent coin at work and don't have nosy/snooping supervisors who appreciate my hard work enough to not bother me.  This did not use to be the case.

What are YOU thankful for today?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 10:20:13 PM »

That there is such a thing as Facebook because it has allowed me to reconnect with friends from high school and college that I had lost touch with earlier.  Yeah it can be a bag of s**t but there are some positive things about it.

The life of my classmate and that we were privileged to know her.

That the Lord has given us a more divine means of consumption of grain (aka BEER) and a more divine means of consumption of grapes (aka WINE). 

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 11:17:45 PM »

That my wife wasn't seriously hurt when she hit a deer on the way to work this morning.
And for a freezer full of fresh venison!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 11:10:00 AM »

That I have a job in our town. This is the kind of convenience that I really embrace. I also like the fact that groceries have become much more diverse where I live (small town). That wasn't always the case years ago (except for the obligatory asian food aisle). If you asked for something gluten or lactose free ten years ago the answer was "gluten what?!?" Now we got special sections at the store filled to the brim with that stuff. Kind of interesting how eating habits have changed over the years.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 12:06:29 PM »

The American beer selection is much better than when I was young. 95% of people used to drink only Bud, Miller or Coors.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 12:08:38 PM »

For a health care system that is free at the point of use. Pretty sure my mum wouldn't have survived her aneurysm without it.

I met my wife through facebook so I guess I have to be grateful for that, which I am but I wish we'd met some other way.

My job which while it didn't completely insulate us from the effects of the last financial crash did at least mean its effect was limited.

And the internet did give us this place.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 01:47:05 PM »

The Internet. I can't get out anymore, and I like you folks here.
That we can afford to live in a house with our low income.
That pot is now legal here in Michigan.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 01:53:03 PM »

The American beer selection is much better than when I was young. 95% of people used to drink only Bud, Miller or Coors.

Yeah. So many great beer places around now with beer that tastes good.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 04:38:43 PM »

definitely the internet, as i really hate shopping for anything but groceries. and digital coupons, i love them. and roku, i'm in love with tv again!

don't EVEN...EVER!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 08:05:51 PM »

and roku, i'm in love with tv again!
Yeah- I watch Tubi all the time! So much wonderful trash!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 07:42:33 PM »

baby boomer is kinda cool too, lots of shows i watched as a child, and pluto, i LOVE pluto!

don't EVEN...EVER!
Bushma

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 09:21:32 AM »

It sounds cheesy, but I'm thankful for my kids.  Out of the 3 I still have in the house 2 teenaged boys, and one tween daughter.  All of them enjoy spending time with me, and will even occasionally suggest we do things together.  That's really nice, and I enjoy it.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 05:09:15 PM »

this place  Smile

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 10:38:11 PM »

my friend cheryl whom i've only met once when i was 12. 46 years later, she's the person i can confide in about anything, and know that she won't ever judge me. and i return that to her, it's a very cool thing..

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 02:28:00 AM »

Heating in houses.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things in today's society/world/economy that you are THANKFUL for! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.