Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:05:58 AM
714432 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Peter Lorre and Vincent Price? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Peter Lorre and Vincent Price?  (Read 13894 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 05:48:07 PM »

Vincent Price all the way.

Doesn't matter if all the drug use and rumors of his fondness for Nazism, rough trade and sex with mounted animal corpses is true

Bulls**t. Why would you even say something like that?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 05:54:36 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 06:50:56 PM »

Question

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 08:06:06 PM »

I think that's called being a smartass!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 08:15:55 PM »

I think it's being a dumbass.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 08:56:23 PM »

RC, take your mouth off the pipe and read up. Vincent Price, great actor, rumored Nazi sympathizer, brunt of decades of rumors about him having a thing for taxidermied animals. Doesn't originate with me.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2019, 09:01:48 PM »

RC, take your mouth off the pipe and read up. Vincent Price, great actor, rumored Nazi sympathizer, brunt of decades of rumors about him having a thing for taxidermied animals. Doesn't originate with me.

Where did you hear such garbage? And if it's just a stupid rumor-why spread it?
Stupid. Lookingup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2019, 09:25:01 PM »

Guess I can handle liking the movies of an imperfect person. If it was true would it alter anything he ever did onscreen? Lots of people in his era flirted with a fascination with Nazism, and darn near everybody's got some secret kink. Like I said, I'm cool with Vincent Price.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 09:29:48 PM »

Whatever... Lookingup
Yatta,yatta,yatta...

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 12:27:22 AM »

Small | Large

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:30:01 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2019, 12:48:28 PM »

Guess I can handle liking the movies of an imperfect person. If it was true would it alter anything he ever did onscreen? Lots of people in his era flirted with a fascination with Nazism, and darn near everybody's got some secret kink. Like I said, I'm cool with Vincent Price.

Your remark moves from the assumption that such rumors have merit, and that you are the forgiving, "broad minded" one (looks like a defensive backhanded insult).  I am certain Ron "can handle liking... an imperfect person," however, that doesn't mean he won't defend an unfairly trashed reputation when defense is warranted.  I have heard and read lots and lots of trashy stories about Hollywood, but never VINCENT PRICE taxidermy kinks or Nazi flirtation.  VINCENT PRICE was well noted for his leftist leanings, proclaiming himself a democrat through any public life I'm aware of.  Just about everyone believes the thrice married man, and father of two, was a closeted gay... so because he might have been gay, he must have had an unusual "kink"? 

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2019, 07:51:41 PM »

seriously ellie. MUST you be such a ...*trying to think of a nicer phrase*....debbie downer??? Thumbdown

don't EVEN...EVER!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2019, 10:40:33 AM »

The man's daughter acknowledged his homosexuality. Price's Nazism is in biographies, it's on the web. One of his closest friends to her dying day five years ago told a story about him and a glass table I'll leave out here. How can I, who doesn't care about movie actors that much, be better informed than you? About one of your heroes? I like Price's public persona but I'm not in denial about him being a human being in private.

Parts of homosexual conduct may or may not be a kink, John, I'll leave that up to you, I wasn't calling it a kink but I'd say a thing for dead animals would qualify. Do you think there's something wrong with someone having a kink?

Debbie downer? Jeesh, you sound like a scolding mom there, Barri.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2019, 11:07:02 AM »

I see NO refrence to Price anywhere that he had sex with stuffed animals. And I am quite certain he did not abuse drugs. He had far right leanings in his early 20's- but how would Victoria know much about that? She wasn't born until 1962!
As far as being bi- one of his wive's were, and the only other writing on that came from some shmuck named Scotty Bowers. All the folks that guy names in his book are dead. They can't defend against his allegations- and that's all they were. And even if he was- so f**king what? Smearing someone's rep who is dead is reprehensible .
I've read so much bulls**t about Bela Lugosi, it became almost fact in lots of folks eyes.
Peter Lorre was a drug addict, but that's another story...
Before you start talking s**t about someone- take a hard look in the mirror, Missy.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 11:29:00 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2019, 11:45:36 AM »

I see NO refrence to Price anywhere that he had sex with stuffed animals. And I am quite certain he did not abuse drugs. He had far right leanings in his early 20's- but how would Victoria know much about that? She wasn't born until 1962!
As far as being bi- one of his wive's were, and the only other writing on that came from some shmuck named Scotty Bowers. All the folks that guy names in his book are dead. They can't defend against his allegations- and that's all they were. And even if he was- so f**king what? Smearing someone's rep who is dead is reprehensible .
I've read so much bulls**t about Bela Lugosi, it became almost fact in lots of folks eyes.
Peter Lorre was a drug addict, but that's another story...
Before you start talking s**t about someone- take a hard look in the mirror, Missy.
I read Full Service, VINCENT PRICE is not in SCOTTY BOWERS' book.  However, I've read far worse trash like Hollywood Babylon It's Back in which I read NOTHING about the "notorious" VINCENT PRICE kinks and drug abuse.  Yes, he may have SKIRTED Nazism but I suspect it was just those sharp uniforms.  Wink Thumbup

Evelyn, don't obfuscate the point by defensive mirrors and smoke.  You are certainly better informed of the seamier edge of Hollywood than even us Bad movie lovers.  Just because you read some slop somewhere we still don't buy it.  Your swipes are, however, not too obscure to be unnoticed by all.  Let's not go back to where we were because you're bored.  Let's all just cool it. Smile

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »

So Vincent Price is the sacred line in the sand on a site that's seen good karma given for attacks on everyone from film makers to holy figures, the mentally ill to residents of red states,  politicians to high school girls making music videos on YouTube? Who would have guessed.....

If I cared more I'd post links that might back up my original featherweight post but this has all been silly.

Price was a cool guy who had a lot of good roles and I don't hold anything I've read about his private life against him. Are any of you saints in private? I know I'm not. Does that mean we're worthless?

BTW John Wayne didn't do his own stunts, Stanley Kubrick was a control freak, David Carradine was into auto-erotic masturbation, and you know..... so what? I enjoy all their work.

See where went I there?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 12:21:01 PM by ER » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Peter Lorre and Vincent Price? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.