Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:13:50 AM
714433 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies you like that NOBODY even talks about « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Movies you like that NOBODY even talks about  (Read 17672 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 13, 2019, 02:52:05 AM »

I can't remember the last time Planes, Trains, and Automobiles came up in a conversation.
It's not a fantastic film but I remember it being pretty good and very well received.

It always stuck in my mind because of the scene where they say "f**k" several times, earning it an R rating.
Just one random scene out of nowhere that got them adult rating.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 02:54:31 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 06:41:25 AM »

IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS

To me, the best horror movie and one of the most notable works of Carpenter. I rarely hear it mentioned, and most people I know didn't even watched it.

SUPER TROOPERS

My favorite comedy of all times. I'm still in the mission of finding a single person in real life who actually likes it. I bet that, someday, one random and extremely boring stand-up "comedian" will steal a joke and launch the movie into a more wide audience.

VERY BAD THINGS

This movie is dark and hilarious, and most people never even heard of it.

VAMPIRE'S KISS

One of the best, if not the best, Nicholas Cage movie. I actually read people saying that it is "unintentional funny" when it's oficially labelled as a dark comedy, that's how far its obscurity goes.

ED WOOD

Even when reading lists about Tim Burton and / or Johnny Depp, you won't see this movie listed very often. I think it's because it's a little bit anti-Hollywood, with its message of "you won't become millonarie and famous in your lifetime, even if you try really hard".

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 10:18:01 AM »

VAMPIRE'S KISS

One of the best, if not the best, Nicholas Cage movie. I actually read people saying that it is "unintentional funny" when it's oficially labelled as a dark comedy, that's how far its obscurity goes.

ED WOOD

Even when reading lists about Tim Burton and / or Johnny Depp, you won't see this movie listed very often. I think it's because it's a little bit anti-Hollywood, with its message of "you won't become millonarie and famous in your lifetime, even if you try really hard".
I thought VAMPIRE'S KISS was hilarious.
ED WOOD? Martin Landau won an Oscar-so, I wouldn't say nobody talks about it...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 10:55:08 AM »

I don't think the real Ed got screwed because he had no talent- Hollywood is filled to the brim with folks with no talent. But not with directors in the 1950's who open hired homosexual's, cross dressers, and a drug addled Lugosi. And wore angora sweaters on the set. Contrary to popular belief, Lugosi was aware of Ed's odd kinks, just as Ed was aware of Bela's drug habit. But they had a friendship based on desperation.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 08:28:18 AM »

Here are a few:

THE CONVERSATION (1974) - Excellent movie with Gene Hackman as a surveillance expert who records a conversation that makes him question the morality of what he's doing. The supporting cast includes John Cazale, Harrison Ford, Frederick Forrest, Cindy Williams and Robert Duvall (uncredited).

THE WAGES OF FEAR (1953) and the remake SORCERER (1977) - Very suspenseful movies about a bunch of random guys hired to drive trucks full of nitroglycerin across miles of rough terrain in South America to blow out an oil fire. Both are great and I love the endings.

STRAIGHT TIME (1978) - This movie is based on a book written by Eddie Bunker (a real ex-convict who appeared in RESERVOIR DOGS). Dustin Hoffman stars as ex-convict Max Dembo, who is out on parole. His parole officer (M. Emmett Walsh, in one of his best roles) is a real a***ole. The supporting cast includes Gary Busey as a junkie, Harry Dean Stanton, Theresa Russell and Kathy Bates.

THE SILENT PARTNER (1978) - Elliott Gould plays a Canadian bank teller who finds out his bank is about to be robbed, so he takes some money for himself knowing the robber will be blamed for it. The robber (Christopher Plummer, a psycho in a Santa Claus suit) finds out and proceeds to terrorize Gould. The supporting cast includes Susannah York and . . . John Candy!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 12:30:25 PM »

Here are a few:

THE CONVERSATION (1974) - Excellent movie with Gene Hackman as a surveillance expert who records a conversation that makes him question the morality of what he's doing. The supporting cast includes John Cazale, Harrison Ford, Frederick Forrest, Cindy Williams and Robert Duvall (uncredited).

THE WAGES OF FEAR (1953) and the remake SORCERER (1977) - Very suspenseful movies about a bunch of random guys hired to drive trucks full of nitroglycerin across miles of rough terrain in South America to blow out an oil fire. Both are great and I love the endings.

Both great films!

WAGES OF FEAR will have you on the edge of your seat!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 01:54:17 PM »

Adrian Lynne's movies: 9 1/2 weeks, Fatal attraction, Unfaithful, Indecent proposal, Jacob's Ladder. the guy dominated the non action 80's for a reason
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2019, 02:22:54 PM »

Adrian Lynne's movies: 9 1/2 weeks, Fatal attraction, Unfaithful, Indecent proposal, Jacob's Ladder. the guy dominated the non action 80's for a reason

Me and Tiana watched FATAL ATTRACTION again about a week ago.
Glenn Close is nuts. " I will not be ignored!"  Buggedout

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 02:23:53 PM »

that was really the turning point
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2019, 02:31:28 PM »

Great movie. Tiana is in love with Micheal Douglas...so we watch it at least once a year.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2019, 02:41:30 PM »

so am I. He made some awesome movies. the Game was insane
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2019, 03:58:48 PM »

on borrowed time. i love this movie( thanks again to bob for helping me find a decent copy!) , and even the folks i know that love lionel barrymore have never heard of it.

don't EVEN...EVER!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2019, 03:59:27 PM »

Fatal attraction

I think this is one of the first movies I saw an "alternate ending" for.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
VenomX73

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2019, 09:29:13 PM »

Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks (1974)

Robinson Crusoe (1954)

Tombs of the Blind Dead (1972)

Vanishing Point (1971)

Summer of 84 (2018)

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2019, 11:11:53 PM »

burgomaster - I don't think I saw that. he settled down with glenn close and had a nice family is that it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies you like that NOBODY even talks about « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.