Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:01:26 AM
714502 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Anyone looking for a job? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone looking for a job?  (Read 1717 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 24, 2019, 04:01:58 AM »

A company in New Zealand is looking for... uhm, unconventional looking people for The Lord of the Rings TV show.

Orc-ward! Is this the world’s weirdest job advert?

Extremely hairy, mean-looking people are invited to apply as extras for Amazon’s new Lord of the Rings TV series – missing teeth an advantage

Tue 17 Dec 2019 13.47 GMT
Last modified on Wed 18 Dec 2019 10.00 GMT

Shares

Name: Extras wanted.

Age: All ages welcome. And if your skin is not as silky smooth as it once was, then so much the better.

Well, that’s good. Appearance? This is where it begins to get really interesting. But perhaps you could be more specific with your questions.

OK, then. Size? So, extremes are good – very tall or very short, 6ft 5in plus or less than 5ft. Nothing in the middle please.

Hair? Yes! Lots! Especially if it is very red. Or very white. Or possibly both.

Cool. What else is there? Teeth? The fewer the better, and any that you do have should certainly not be straight ones, please.
Read more

Gotcha. But why does this sound like the world’s weirdest recruitment drive? Because it’s the world’s weirdest recruitment drive. Interested?

How much? Around 300 dollars a day.

US? NZ. That is roughly £150. Plus, you will get a lunch.

New Zealand … hang on, I know this, isn’t that where Middle-earth is? Was, is, will be again. Like Peter Jackson’s blockbuster series, the new Amazon TV series based on JRR Tolkein’s fantasy novels begins production there next year.

And they are after extras? Correct. A couple of agencies in Auckland – make that Orc-land – are recruiting. One asks for missing teeth and “wonderful noses”; the other “hairy hairy people of all ages and ethnicities” as well as “stocky mean-looking bikers”.

Isn’t it discriminatory, average-ist? Boring-ist, more like. Time to redress the balance, reject the norm and celebrate the different.

OK, how many do they need? Dunno yet; Jackson used about 20,000. And the TV series is expected to be one of the most expensive TV shows ever made. The rights alone cost £187m.

What’s the population of New Zealand? A little under 5 million people, many of whom are of average height, have unremarkable noses and full sets of pearly gnashers. They may have to look further afield. You in?

[Checking in mirror] In! Plus, lunch is included, don’t forget. And Middle-earth is a long way from Brexit.

Do say: “Is that the dental-implant clinic? Yes, I’d like to cancel my appointment.”

Don’t say: “£187m for Peter Jackson’s leftovers? Are you having a laugh?”

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 05:48:27 AM »

Sign me up so that I can (a) make a bit of money and (b) remind these people that J R R Tolkien was about as British as I am Mongolian.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 11:51:39 AM »

The cost is expected to be NZ$1.3B or, the most expensive TV series ever made. It is not a direct adaptation of Tolkien's trilogy, but, will include stories set before The Fellowship of the Rings, and if all goes according to plans, the series will spin-off other series made for TV and for Amazon.

As expensive as this may be, Amazon's CEO, chairman, and president Jeff Bezos had a net worth, as of last month, of $114B, so he could fund the cost out of his own pocket.

And Trevor, I never knew you were Mongolian. Of course, you know that Mongolians do not wear underwear, so when that cold wind blows across the Mongolian steppes, be sure to keep your legs together.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Anyone looking for a job? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.