Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:31:02 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Celebrity deaths you (particularly) cared about « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Celebrity deaths you (particularly) cared about  (Read 7669 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: January 14, 2020, 08:01:57 PM »

It's always sad when someone dies, but certain deaths are bound to make you reflect and ruminate more than others because of the way the person touched your life. What are some celebrity deaths that saddened you moreso than the ones we read about every day?

for me it was

1. Anna Nicole Smith - always liked her and her death seemed very preventable, if anyone had cared.

2. Gary Coleman - I appreciated his bitterness. he got a raw deal in life in many ways and was p**sed about it. A bit like Job from the bible maybe
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 08:28:00 PM »

Ultimate Warrior - Wrestler Jim Hellwig

He's 1 of my favorite wrestlers of all time. RIP 2014 Bluesad

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 09:56:59 PM »

JACKIE GLEASON

JOHN LENNON   

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
VenomX73

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 10:27:37 PM »

Steve Irwin "The Crocodile Hunter" 2006 RIP  Bluesad

The Crocodile Hunter was one of my favorite tv shows. He was 1 of my heroes.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 10:52:33 PM »

Ernest Borgnine seemed like a great guy.  He lived a great, full life but I still miss him.

I grew up watching lots of game shows.  All the hosts that have passed wound me in some small way.

Players from sports teams I grew up watching that died fairly young makes me sad.

Any celebrity that seemed really good-hearted and approachable and died fairly young.. I say an "awww" or "oh no" when I hear of their passing.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 11:31:26 PM »

I absolutely cried when Steve Irwin died.  My girls loved his show so much; it was like losing a family member.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 03:44:11 AM »

The recent death of Sid Haig seemed to hit quite hard.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 06:23:36 AM »

I felt really sad when Christopher Lee died. He was still making cheesy power metal videos, surely he deserved 100 more years of life force. The world needed him.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 07:14:06 AM »

Princess Diana's death hit me very, very hard indeed: what was weird was a lot of people - my sister Maggi included - who didn't like her were upset that she died. I have never (and will never) believe that her traffic accident was just that.

Sir Christopher Lee and Leonard Nimoy's passings were hard for me to take.

David Bowie's untimely (and shocking) passing hurt as well, as did Carrie Fisher's.

When it comes to personal mentors in my career, the passing of four SA filmmakers  Jans Rautenbach, Vincent Cox ASC, David Millin ASC and Ivan Hall will stay with me forever. These four saw potential in me and encouraged it.

Also, not a celebrity - except in my eyes - but my Dad's passing in 2008 really rattled me and I don't think I have ever genuinely gotten over it. A big light went out in my life on 16 May 2008: no replacement bulb available.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:54:51 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 08:04:14 AM »

^Princess Diana's death shocked the whole world. 

I felt sad when we lost SHIRLEY TEMPLE.   

chainsaw midget

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 10:53:29 AM »

Harold Raimis hit me really hard.  Ghostbusters was my thing when I was a kid.  And he did so many other great comedies.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 10:54:08 AM »

Ernest Borgnine seemed like a great guy.  He lived a great, full life but I still miss him...

I love ERNEST BORGNINE!

The recent death of Sid Haig seemed to hit quite hard.
SID HAIG was always a pleasure to see!  

I felt really sad when Christopher Lee died. He was still making cheesy power metal videos, surely he deserved 100 more years of life force. The world needed him.
CHRISTOPHER LEE... an all time favorite! 

Harold Raimis hit me really hard.  Ghostbusters was my thing when I was a kid.  And he did so many other great comedies.
I think he directed GROUNDHOG DAY - and had a falling out with BILL MURRAY.   Bluesad
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 11:01:39 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 11:14:57 AM »

Joey Ramone. When he died, there was no replacing him...I knew the band was done for good. I was happy to have seen them on the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME TV broadcast shortly before his death.

Lee, for sure. He was the last of the great screen monsters.

I remember as a kid reading about Lon Chaney Jr. dying in Famous Monsters magazine. Really bummed me out.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 11:18:09 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 04:01:32 PM »

Joey Ramone. When he died, there was no replacing him...I knew the band was done for good. I was happy to have seen them on the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME TV broadcast shortly before his death...
I can't believe they're all gone! 

The Rev here had advised that ALEX CHILTON had died in 2010.  That really bummed me out (I got into BIG STAR just before that). 

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 04:43:42 PM »

The murder of Lana Clarkson
Mostly about how it was being reported, the press saying she was "Best known for some walk on she had in Fast Times At Rigdemont High" because they were too prudish to mention some b-grade sword & sandal flick.
Seems like it wasn't until well into the trial of Phil Spector, & started interviewing some of her friends, that they were willing to mention that she was the star of The Barbarian Queen, & how good she was in it.

In fact, I noticed after this, that the lamestream TV news magazines started changing the way they would tell the story of Dorothy Stratten's murder.
For years, the press would say she was best known for some box office bomb that nobody'd ever heard of called "They All Laughed" (I couldn't even find it on her IMDB page for years), because they didn't wan't to say that she was a Playboy Playmate Of The Year with a successful bawdy b grade comedy under her belt.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Celebrity deaths you (particularly) cared about « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.