Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:33:20 PM
714450 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trying to remember a horror/trash website from early-mid 2000s « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trying to remember a horror/trash website from early-mid 2000s  (Read 2680 times)
Labreeze
New Visitor

« on: January 16, 2020, 07:39:22 PM »

Hi all, hoping someone can jog my memory here.

I'm a lapsed badmovies.org reader from many years ago, but I'm trying to remember the name of another horror/trash/z-grade/exploitation film review and overview website I used to frequent years ago, possibly between 2003-2005. They hosted  detailed overviews of trashy and gory films, but what I specifically remember is the reviewer went through the film in chronological order and maybe even used timestamps throughout the review. It would be almost like his notes as he was watching the film. I seem to recall the site having a black background with white or red font, though I could be wrong.

What also sticks out is the reviewer possibly wrote about each death/kill in each film, and possibly rated or ranked each one for how gory/unique/original it was. Something like a rating out of five skulls, or similar (I could be misremembering).

The only two films which stand out in my memory being featured on the site were "Blood Sucking Freaks" and "Redneck Zombies", but there were quite a few more.

It was something a bit similar to badmovies.org's format, but with more chronological-order overviews, and I distinctly recall each death being described (and maybe rated/ranked) in the longish overviews.

Thank you!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:26:29 PM »

b movie drive in?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Labreeze
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 08:31:14 PM »

b movie drive in?

Not sure. Did they have a website in the mid 2000s? If so, what was the URL? Doing a cursory Google search only shows a podcast/FB page/youtube.

Thanks!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 08:42:17 PM »

Okay, found some old emails that I never got around to reading that had a skull rating like you described.

They were from a Yahoo group called "b-movie", the sender was Crispin Burnham, and the header was always, "From Fangoria Online News"

Hope this helps.
May have had something to do with Stomptokyo.com

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Labreeze
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 09:22:16 PM »

Okay, found some old emails that I never got around to reading that had a skull rating like you described.

They were from a Yahoo group called "b-movie", the sender was Crispin Burnham, and the header was always, "From Fangoria Online News"

Hope this helps.
May have had something to do with Stomptokyo.com

Thanks, but that wasn't it unfortunately. Thanks anyway, Stomptokyo seems like a neat site regardless.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 07:50:10 AM »

did it have a messageboard?

thebodycountcontinues is the only horror movie type site I remember from that kind of era...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Labreeze
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 08:42:26 PM »

did it have a messageboard?

thebodycountcontinues is the only horror movie type site I remember from that kind of era...

It may have had a message board, however I have never been a big poster so I can't be sure. I just read and loved all the in-depth breakdowns and overviews of the z-grade movies. I just remember a long list of films, very simple site design. I think it had a black background and white or red font. The reviewer would break the film down in chrono order, with particular attention paid to the kills.

I'm certain I didn't dream this website, but I'm not having much luck with finding it again.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 02:37:53 AM »

hmm...bodycountcontinues did have a very simple design, and black backround/mainly white text.... the 'ranking each kill' thing is ringing a bell, but I can't say for sure if it was from that place as well. it got taken down about 5-6 yrs ago, iirc...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Labreeze
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 02:43:38 AM »

hmm...bodycountcontinues did have a very simple design, and black backround/mainly white text.... the 'ranking each kill' thing is ringing a bell, but I can't say for sure if it was from that place as well. it got taken down about 5-6 yrs ago, iirc...

Thanks for the suggestion, but that wasn't it. I just checked it on the Wayback Machine. Thank you anyway.

I'm really not having any luck, sigh..
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trying to remember a horror/trash website from early-mid 2000s « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.