Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:45:10 AM
714442 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 76
Author Topic: Alex's even longer post thread.  (Read 205823 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #945 on: August 15, 2023, 08:45:17 AM »

https://youtu.be/ec9P3C1OXqE

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #946 on: August 15, 2023, 09:16:15 AM »

Hey, I hope Ash's first day of school is/was stressless and happy. I hope he makes friends and does well and comes home with nothing but good stories to tell!  Thumbup

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #947 on: August 15, 2023, 02:17:57 PM »

The report from his teacher is that Ash had a really good first day at school. That is our good news.

The bad news is that Ash decided to poop in my shower. Not only did he do that, but he took the draining mechanism to pieces in stages and pooped in each seperate stage which meant each individual stage was blocked. He then flooded the en-suite which I need to drain and clean.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #948 on: August 15, 2023, 07:58:13 PM »

Someday you'll fondly remember the tub incident with misty-eyed nostalgia. Kind of like me with Keagan peeing in my mouth as a baby. Or my littlest pounding on my head with a plastic-faced doll to wake me up. Or my oldest getting the cops called us after she showed her friend the wild marijuana growing in our woods just today. Ah, precious memories....

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #949 on: August 17, 2023, 01:23:56 PM »

It took me until about 14:00 until I managed to clear all the poop out of the shower the next day.

So. Much. Poop.

We've been trying all sorts of laxatives but it seems that hot water is what helps Ash take a dump.

Since we bought a couch I called barracks stores to come collect the old one. Turns out someone else hadn't done the paperwork right and we hadn't been getting charged for the furniture we'd rented off the MOD. When the guy came round to collect it, he said we'd had the stuff so long and since they were getting rid of that style of furniture, if we had anything else lying around to just keep it.

Bonus.

Certainly beats figuring out how much should have been coming out of my paycheck as part of the rent for the past ten years and then paying it all back, especially when it is someone else's error.

Headed down down on the same train as I had last week and bumped into the same Brazilian woman. She is going back home for a bit on the 29th then returning. I wonder if we'll ever meet again?

Met up with my mum in Glasgow. She'd been visiting her sister in Blackpool for a couple of weeks. I helped her get all her luggage off the train when she got to her stop, then as the train headed off I realised I hadn't lifted my own bag. I grabbed one of the staff and made a missing bag report. I got it back within an hour, but that was a worry I didn't need. I didn't mind potentially losing the laptop or my clothes but I also had the deeds to Gina's house to be transferred to my sister and I didn't want to have to jump through hoops to get a fresh set of them.

I really hate doing paperwork.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 01:27:08 PM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #950 on: August 17, 2023, 03:53:36 PM »

Death should be a more dignified thing for more people. How many get to pass quietly in their sleep compared to those who go out from some medical condition that debilitates them and leaves us with memories of once proud and strong people whose bodies have turned on them and left them a husk of their previous selves?

Should anyone have to go through being in so much pain that the most powerful painkillers can only dull the edge?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #951 on: August 17, 2023, 07:06:59 PM »

Death should be a more dignified thing for more people. How many get to pass quietly in their sleep compared to those who go out from some medical condition that debilitates them and leaves us with memories of once proud and strong people whose bodies have turned on them and left them a husk of their previous selves?

Should anyone have to go through being in so much pain that the most powerful painkillers can only dull the edge?

I was raised in a religion that emphasized the great wisdom that can arise from suffering, and while I don't doubt there is truth to that, I think certain varieties of ignorance are not without charm.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #952 on: August 18, 2023, 01:27:26 AM »

The Scottish government is currently debating an assisted dying bill for mentally competent adults. It is a subject that has been debated for the last ten years. I doubt it will get passed any time soon though.

It is against the law currently to assist someone in committing suicide, but they've been turning a blind eye to people who help anyone get to the Dignitas clinic in Switzerland for assisted dying. It saves politicians from having to make any decisions that might affect their chances of re-election I guess.

I've been trying to find a review for a book. I can find synopsises for it, I can buy the book but I just can't find a single review (The Jewish-Japanese Sex and Cook Book and How to Raise Wolves).

« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 02:31:17 AM by Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #953 on: August 19, 2023, 02:06:33 AM »

That is my next tattoo booked. I figured getting one done while I was on holiday would be a nice memento. I'd always said I wouldn't get a band logo done on me because if the musicians later on came out in support of something I didn't agree with, or did something I didn't like then well, I'd be stuck looking like I agreed with them. Well, the main man has been dead a fair number of years now and I think if anything was going to come out about him, it would have done so by now. As far as I can tell, he always wore his 'sins' on his sleeve.

So I am going with this on my right shoulder (minus the band name).

It is one I've been thinking about and wanting for a few years now so I am confident I am not going to regret it. I know there are more modern and better-drawn versions of Snaggletooth, but I want the classic.

My arm was in so much pain yesterday I was starting to wonder if I'd broken it. Feels much better today. Pretty sure it is just a case of tennis elbow but man was it aching all through the trip home. Got the last of the documents needed for Gina's house to be sold down to the solicitors down there. Hopefully, I now require minimal input on that side of it and next week I can finish off the bank money transfer. Mind you I've thought I was here before and then found out there were more things to be done.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #954 on: August 21, 2023, 04:39:48 PM »

Decided to start the packing for our holiday. I have filled a large-sized travel suitcase with nothing but presents for people. I mean, you could maybe squeeze in some underwear or socks, but yeah. It looks like the day we land we'll need to go clothes shopping.

I never thought I'd be travelling intercontinental carrying a suitcase that is 30% full of Walkers Shortbread.

Around £70 worth of shortbread. Then we picked up stuff for other people and ordered a few things that will take slightly longer to arrive (but still be here before we leave... hopefully). Went to a nice little crepe place for breakfast, then ended up at Scribbles for lunch. Some stuff is going to have to go in another suitcase.

Yeah, I'll be buying clothes when we land.  BounceGiggle All part of helping the economy. I am talking to Kristi about next year going somewhere that isn't a holiday to see either of our families. Kristi wants to go to EuroDisney or Disney Paris or whatever the hell they've called it. Maybe we can do that for Ash's birthday. Hopefully, it wouldn't quite be as busy then since it would be out of school holiday season.

Ever wondered if it would be possible to commit the perfect crime? I don't just mean getting away with it. It would need to be something that not only did you get away with, but everyone would have to know you'd did it, but couldn't do anything about it.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #955 on: August 21, 2023, 06:12:48 PM »

Well there's that tiny slice of Yellowstone where various intellectual exercises have resulted in the claim no one there has legal jurisdiction.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #956 on: August 22, 2023, 01:27:48 AM »

Well there's that tiny slice of Yellowstone where various intellectual exercises have resulted in the claim no one there has legal jurisdiction.

We are spending a couple of days there.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #957 on: August 22, 2023, 01:46:53 AM »

I agree with the dignified: Dad went through this and now Mom too  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #958 on: August 22, 2023, 05:47:28 AM »

I agree with the dignified: Dad went through this and now Mom too  Bluesad

It just seems very wrong for things to happen that way. It's been in the news here a lot recently which has also matched up with what several other people in our orbit are going through. I remember when my gran died thinking what a waste that all those memories and life experiences were gone.

Decided to subscribe to Creature Features and am now working my way through 7 seasons of their bad movies. Shame the episodes don't seem to be listed in order, but that is a minor quibble. Still trying to get my head around all the shortbread people wanted us to bring over.

The government is looking at changing the law to force criminals to attend their sentencing. I would have thought that was part and parcel of going to prison, but it seems not. There have been two separate cases of child killers recently who have avoided attending these events and presumably just went straight to jail. The families want them forced to attend these hearings so they can be made to face them. I don't think that is a great idea. Many of these people will show no emotion. Some of them will simply laugh at their suffering.

Went to download some files to print out a replica Lawgiver from Judge Dredd. Then I found it is actually a working version of the gun (well to a degree. I am assuming it doesn't fire ricochet, incendry etc and all the various other options he has in the comic. Maybe AP. Anyway, I figured making one of them would be a bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 04:08:35 PM by Alex » Logged

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #959 on: August 22, 2023, 07:33:10 AM »

I've been trying to find a review for a book. I can find synopsises for it, I can buy the book but I just can't find a single review (The Jewish-Japanese Sex and Cook Book and How to Raise Wolves).

Not sure that this might help: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/2877780 - brief reviews on Goodreads.  Not in-depth or authoritative - more opinions/experiences of readers.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 76
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.