Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:06:41 PM
714448 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 76
Author Topic: Alex's even longer post thread.  (Read 205847 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1005 on: October 12, 2023, 05:35:51 PM »

So you don't think the power struggle at the top of Hamas at the moment has anything to do with it?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1006 on: October 12, 2023, 11:40:25 PM »

I'm not up on it to that extent.

If this was a momentary screw up it won't be that big of a deal. If Hamas has somehow cracked the code then all bets are off.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 11:43:27 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1007 on: October 13, 2023, 10:33:04 AM »

f**k it, it's war, let historians analyze the whys after the dust clears. I just bought as many Israeli bonds as I could, after cashing in the ones we used to own, and I hope Israel puts that money toward its efforts to pound Gaza to dust.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1008 on: October 13, 2023, 03:10:24 PM »

"pound Gaza to dust." Those are human beings
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1009 on: October 13, 2023, 03:22:32 PM »

I think there is a lot more going on here than first meets the eye. The area has been unusually quiet for a while now, while other areas have been more active, prompting the Israelis to move troops away to other regions where there has been more activity. We are talking months' worth of stuff here and for them to pull this off seemingly without Israel's intelligence services picking up any noise about it. It could just be a coincidence and the terrorists getting lucky. I've certainly seen more extreme perfect storms coming together like this, but I think this is a much more complicated and layered issue. The scale of the Israeli mobilisation is also far in excess of what they need to deal with Gaza. Could just be an overreaction (and a perfectly understandable one at that), it could be something more. Doubtless, as time passes and events unfold we shall see more, although we'll never know the full story. The militant side of Hamas tends to be quite separate from the Hamas that runs the government, not to mention much much smaller. They work together surprisingly rarely. It's also (IMHO unlikely) possible that the Israelis lured Hamas onto the punch. Netanyahu hates the Palestinians with a burning passion (his brother was a commando who was killed on a rescue mission to free hostages on a plane hijacked by Palestinian and German terrorists). With his position being politically weak, he could be looking at shoring up support by deliberately leaving a weak spot in his country's defences and more or less inviting an attack. I've seen that done before in my lifetime (the Falklands War for example). All he has to do is put the blame on some military officer and he has a scapegoat. Equally, there has been something of a power struggle at the top of Hamas and this could be someone there looking to secure their position. Maybe for once it is all exactly as it appears to be (it would be a first in my experience, but it isn't impossible),

All just possibilities though. I am not suggesting which one is the right one. These things are rarely as simple as they appear. I am not sure even if I had the option of learning all the reasons behind it that I'd really want to know. It is what it is and whatever the reasons a lot of people have, and are going to die as a result of decisions they had no say in.

Took Ash out today while Kristi was working. Finished off the last thing I had to do in executing Gina's will, so that is all finished with and I can get rid of the large box of documents that has accumulated over the past 14 months. The house has been transferred, the money moved into the beneficiary account and my part in this is finished. I want nothing more to do with it now. I've done everything I can. Did some shopping while we were out. The house now has a 45-foot-long spider web outside it, and a 6-foot-wide spider climbing down it. I'll put out some more Samhain decorations when the wind dies down a bit.

Something that might interest Indy. I picked up a book for a wargame set in Italy. They've included what I believe is your favourite WW2 hero.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 04:24:07 PM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1010 on: October 13, 2023, 04:22:31 PM »

"pound Gaza to dust." Those are human beings

Human beings are what you encounter in peacetime, with its kinder morality; in war there's only us and them, and an enemy is what you destroy lest he destroys you. Even the Nazis usually shot children before they burned them, unlike these barbarians who burned caged children alive. Level Gaza, sow it with salt, leave the world that much safer. But fear not, it won't happen.  But it should.

Last word, because I know this is Alex's thread.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1011 on: October 13, 2023, 05:22:18 PM »

I don't give a f**k. Both sides been f**king themselves for years.
f**k em all.
I know we can't ignore it- we all inhabit this earth and should fight to keep children from being killed. I'm sure the innocents are just trying to live. When both sides factions are racist against each other, and will kill each other in a NY minute at any given f**king time in the last almost 80 f**king years, it will be a miracle if this will ever be resolved, and looks like another major war on the horizon.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 06:29:36 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1012 on: October 14, 2023, 03:47:45 PM »

Engaging in more of what seems to be my newest hobby. Arguing with random strangers about Aliens movies.

It is amazing just how worked up some people can get about fictional characters. Honestly, it is like shooting fish in a barrel and the fish keep jumping in front of the bullets.

We had a couple of Kristi's friends around for dinner tonight. She made 5 courses and not like little ones either. I had to skip one of them, although since there is plenty left I am sorted for my dinner tomorrow night. Never had a meal with 3 rounds of pasta (soup, pasta, pasta, pasta and then a cheesecake), but it was all good. It was all just more than I could eat. The woman (Tara) is a workmate of Kristi's and she was here with her boyfriend who spoke less than 50 words the whole night. Tara has previously said he isn't very social, he isn't very intelligent, but he does make her laugh.

I guess as long as both are happy then that is all that matters.

Looks like we now have some of our air assets in the game over the skies around Gaza.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1013 on: October 16, 2023, 06:02:47 PM »

Things in so many different arenas seem to be progressing exactly as I am expecting. Makes life easier to navigate I guess. Sometimes I wish I could be more wrong more often, especially when it comes to international events.

Not that it takes much doing. Just ask what is the stupidest s**t people can pull. More often than not you'll be right.

Practised some rifle drills tonight. Made a couple of minor mistakes but on the plus side, a couple of times I had to correct the instructor so I guess that balances out. Got my dates to attend The Defence School of Policing & Guarding. I rather believe the title makes it sound more grandiose than the reality will prove to be. I'll be tested on my rifle skills though, so the practise is good. It's been over a year since I last held one.

Another night at the front desk hoping nothing interesting happens but wanting something to.

Ordered Kristi yet another present. A Jim Shore ornament of Jafar. Ash is dressing up as Shaggy for Samhain, so I bought him a Scooby Doo teddy bear. I really need to buy a bigger house. At least I am in a position to do that. Just need to find the right house.

I wonder if the US will ever reintroduce a eugenics program? Or any of the western democracies introduce one.

I see The Langoliers is getting a remake. One of Kristis two least favourite films. The other one is also set on a plane.

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1014 on: October 16, 2023, 06:54:31 PM »

yes, you do need a bigger house, lol!

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1015 on: October 17, 2023, 11:34:30 AM »

Two more shifts to do, then back to time off. I wonder if I'll complete the 3-year contract or get bored and leave on completion of my first year?

Sitting there for 12 hours with no breaks, and not doing much else is not exactly fulfilling, although I'll have more to do as I pick up the various required Qs.

Watching Gen V at the moment. It will do while I wait for another season of The Boys or Invincible.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1016 on: October 18, 2023, 12:52:56 AM »

Well, it appears Netanyahu has f**ked up again.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 01:03:10 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1017 on: October 18, 2023, 08:35:35 AM »

If its the hospital thing? Could be. They should be able to find enough parts to discover if it was an Israeli missile or Hamas launch gone wrong. Neither side seems to have any particular concern for the lives of the people in Gaza. I'd like to say I am staying neutral on it until I see more proof, but in truth I am more inclined to blame both sides. When you play the eye for an eye game, sooner or later everyone ends up blind.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1018 on: October 18, 2023, 09:31:24 PM »

It is a cold and windy night. The door for visitors keeps blowing open, so I am keeping the sliding window shut whenever I don't have a 'customer'. Still, it is my last shift for a few days. Looking forward to 5 days off.

Got an unexpected check for £2000 tonight. Not going to complain about that. It has been a long time (17 years) since I last received one of them. Wonder if it will be the last time I ever get one of those?I

Got my great-nieces first birthday party this weekend. Going to spend the night in a hotel rather than try and get back. If Storm Babete doesn't shut everything down. Trains are already being cancelled for the next couple of days. We will just have to see how much infrastructure gets damaged and then plan from there. 

Two and a half hours to go. It's a dark night out there and I can't even go out to enjoy it. On the other hand it is much warmer here and I do like my comforts these days.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1019 on: October 18, 2023, 09:34:43 PM »

f**k it, it's war, let historians analyze the whys after the dust clears. I just bought as many Israeli bonds as I could, after cashing in the ones we used to own, and I hope Israel puts that money toward its efforts to pound Gaza to dust.

For once I'm with Lester. Palestine has been f**ked by Israel for decades.
The country was the Arabs land before WWII. They natives were pushed into a corner of their own land. I don't blame them for being p**sed.
I am not anti-semitic, but Israel has turned into f**king thinking that they deserve to be treated like some kinda untouchables.
Since WWII, they think they can do anything, and it's forgiven. That was a long f**king time ago.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 09:52:49 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 76
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.