Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:05:37 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  MP Demands Rights For Christians To Kill Each Other Off. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MP Demands Rights For Christians To Kill Each Other Off.  (Read 3333 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: April 10, 2020, 11:26:10 AM »

Given the majority of churchgoers in the UK are quite elderly and generally in the at-risk region of the population...

An MP has questioned why churches will be forced to keep their doors closed on Easter Sunday while off-licences will be allowed to open.

Jack Lopresti, the Conservative representative for Filton and Bradley Stoke, wrote to the Government to ask them to reconsider allowing to open "for private prayer".

However, his open letter to the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government has led to criticism, and one bishop said "God always does a door-to-door service".

Mr Lopresti, first elected in 2010, wrote to Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick calling for a temporary relaxing of restrictions "allowing for people to attend church to engage in private prayer while observing social distancing".

He wrote: "If the Government allows for me to go to an off-licence, a takeaway, or a local shop on Easter Sunday, providing I observe social distancing or take other necessary precautions, why can I not go to Church and say a prayer, providing I do the same?"

Many churches have adapted to the restrictions placed upon them by coronavirus by opting to go online, with the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby set to deliver his usual Easter sermon by video.

Replying to Mr Lopresti's tweet, the Bishop of Chelmsford Stephen Cottrell said: "The thing is this: in order to buy food I have to go to the supermarket (unless I am fortunate enough to be able to get it delivered) but God always does a door-to-door service – from God's heart straight to my heart, wherever I am."

For some reason, I am seeing a lot of church-going folks insisting that they have the right to pray together. Go figure. If you want to get to meet Jesus early I am sure there are plenty of other ways to sort that out.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 11:34:03 AM »

But hey, at least he doesn't seem to be alone.

Post by bradk on yesterday at 12:05pm
A committee of the Kansas Legislature, backed by the Kansas Attorney General, has created an exemption for churches to Governor Laura Kelly's executive order forbidding large gatherings. They claim the order violates freedom of religion and is contrary the the US and Kansas Constitutions.

While at first glance it would appear to many that this is indeed a religious freedom issue, it is not. It is in fact a religious bonus issue: Those claiming a religion are allowed to do something those without are not. Freedom isn't measured by the freedom of the majority or the powerful. Its measured by the freedom of the minority and/or weak. The thought process behind this being a religious freedom issue is the same as that behind former Indiana Governor Mike Pence's supporting legislation to allow discrimination against LGBT people based on religious belief.

Kansas legislators have made no mention of a religious right to die. However Louisiana Pastor Tony Spell, who has been charged with illegally holding services has. Defending holding services, Spell said "True Christians do not mind dying". However, Spell's religious argument is tainted because his original position was that the coronavirus is politically motivated. He didn't say actions concerning it were politically motivated but that the virus itself was. He must have checked and found the virus was a registered Democrat.[/quote

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 06:40:32 PM »

my governor is taking this to the kansas supreme court tomorrow. the truly stupid thing about it is that the republican legislature AGREES that people should stay home! this is NOTHING BUT SPITE because a democrat won, and again it was a female democrat, just like when kathy sebellius won. douchebags one and all.

don't EVEN...EVER!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 06:45:28 PM »

This is a world wide virus. It has no religion- or even a brain.
Kinda like lotsa numb nuts out there.
They wanna believe they are right no matter what kinda logic is given to them.
I usta get p**sed about this kinda stupidity- now it's so rampant, I don't even give a f**k anymore. I hope it all BURNS.  Hatred
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 06:49:34 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 06:49:00 PM »

see, that's the kicker with this whole stupid thing, ronny. almost of the religious leaders here have closed their churches and such and are doing online services and BEGGING their flock to stay home. this is NOTHING but political spite.

don't EVEN...EVER!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 06:56:02 PM »

see, that's the kicker with this whole stupid thing, ronny. almost of the religious leaders here have closed their churches and such and are doing online services and BEGGING their flock to stay home. this is NOTHING but political spite.

^ I know. But the crazy folks who run this country make EVERYTHING- and I do mean everything- about politics.
And so do some folks. They blame every little dam thing that happens bad to them on somebody else- mostlly an opposite politcal or religious belief. I could give a flying f^ck less about either.  Hatred
Why don't these morons-(left, right, upside downwards) just fight this s**t? And shut the f**k up about whose fault it is.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 06:59:31 PM »

Oh, we have them too. They're everywhere.

https://www.wate.com/news/kentucky/kentucky-pastor-plans-to-hold-easter-service-despite-virus-orders/

One of the churches threatening to worship is a inner-city black church, one is out in the country.

99+% of all Kentucky churches will not be holding Easter services. Our governor is not going to lock up those who do. It's a 1st Amendment issue. He's stationing sheriffs in the parking lots, telling parishioners they will be violating the law and endangering others' lives, and asking them to go home voluntarily, and then if they go to the live service anyway "requiring" them to self-quarantine for 14 days afterwards.

It's a clever idea and about the best we can do. I'm sure there will be no enforcement of the order, but it might make people think. Sure, you can go to Easter service, IF you self-isolate for 2 weeks after. Is it worth it?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 07:01:08 PM »

i wish they would too, honey, believe me. most of us regular folks ARE banding together and helping each other while following the guidelines, it's the damned POLITICIANS that are killing us.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  MP Demands Rights For Christians To Kill Each Other Off. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.