Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:47:45 PM
714501 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 86
Author Topic: Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection  (Read 211809 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #600 on: February 03, 2022, 03:49:17 AM »

Well, It seems that this year I will continue with my tradition of be single in Valentine's Day. It's not like I really care about that day, but I start to think about why be single at my 38 don't worry me. I mean, I really want to meet a woman and have children, start my own family, but here I am. The irony it is this 'statement' sound a bit depressive, but it is not. OK, just a little.

I didn't meet my now wife until I was 38 and we had our son when I was 44, so you still have time.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #601 on: February 03, 2022, 08:10:46 AM »

Death washed away Princess Diana's sins.

It's strange, I came across a tabloid from June 1997 with a cover story that was blasting on her for hooking up with an Egyptian (in the article he was dubbed "Arab") playboy. This article got mean, as in really mean, as it quoted people in Britain who were ragging on her, saying some truly rugged stuff about her character and morals, and one woman called her a "traitor."

Flash forward eight or nine weeks and those same people likely not only forgave her all that, they probably forgot they ever felt that way about her as they cried and wailed that she was the People's Princess whom they'd always loved and would love to the end of time. (Insert chirping crickets....)

If I was a young virginal bride who was courted by the future King of England as a potential breeding oven because his ugly whore's baby-making parts were useless, I would go out and commit as many sins as I desired.

I don't dispute that Princess Diana had many affairs and there were many people who didn't like her: my sister was one of them but she was genuinely sad that Diana had died.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 01:20:15 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #602 on: February 03, 2022, 01:42:54 PM »

Death washed away Princess Diana's sins.

It's strange, I came across a tabloid from June 1997 with a cover story that was blasting on her for hooking up with an Egyptian (in the article he was dubbed "Arab") playboy. This article got mean, as in really mean, as it quoted people in Britain who were ragging on her, saying some truly rugged stuff about her character and morals, and one woman called her a "traitor."

Flash forward eight or nine weeks and those same people likely not only forgave her all that, they probably forgot they ever felt that way about her as they cried and wailed that she was the People's Princess whom they'd always loved and would love to the end of time. (Insert chirping crickets....)

If I was a young virginial bride who was courted by the future King of England as a potential breeding oven because his ugly whore's babymaking parts were useless, I would go out and commit as many sins as I desired.

I don't dispute that Princess Diana had many affairs and there were many people who didn't like her: my sister was one of them and she was genuinely sad that Diana had died.

Princess Diana's death was strange for me, because like I've said I heard about it on a portable pocket radio while in the middle of the Hundred-Mile Wilderness section of the Appalachian Trail in extreme rural Maine. ("Nowhere's nowhere...") I heard the morning after amid static on a distant station from downstate and thought, did they really say that, and felt a jolt of shock that I remember was bigger than any sadness, but I heard it as a passing headline, not any extended coverage, and we talked about it a moment and then I and those I was with went on, and because you try to save batteries out there, we didn't turn the radio on except for a few minutes each morning when the weather was good (and then the batteries came out and got stored in a waterproof baggie) and we finished our hike at Mount Katahdin a few days later and got back to find all the spectacle and grief and coverage on TV showing acres of stacked flowers and people lining London streets, so I only got Point A's announcement and Point C's mega-event, no point B transition like most people had to prepare me for how big a cultural moment her death unfolded to be. It was surreal to come back into that when I'd only caught it as a news headline and not much else, and to be grubby and sore and cold and worn out and riding a weary achievement high of finishing a hard trail section, but the world was filled with upset people grieving. (And people loudly rejecting that grief to anyone who would listen.)

Very strange experience.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
JuanSnz
« Reply #603 on: February 03, 2022, 09:28:44 PM »

Hey, thanks for the kind words Smile

Now, about the 'hammer and the nails', is that a euphemism? And if it's not, why I think it is?
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #604 on: February 04, 2022, 04:16:44 PM »

What is the difference between CNBC & MSNBC?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #605 on: February 04, 2022, 08:17:37 PM »

What is the difference between CNBC & MSNBC?

CNBC is more focused on business and financial news. The 'C' stands for "consumer'.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus

« Reply #606 on: February 04, 2022, 08:20:46 PM »

^Oh.^

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #607 on: February 04, 2022, 09:16:05 PM »

Why did the Redskins change their name to the Commanders? It seems like the Salmons would fit better.
And it would look cool on their helmets!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus

« Reply #608 on: February 04, 2022, 09:19:28 PM »

^ BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle^
Salmons are pink, not red....

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #609 on: February 04, 2022, 09:47:05 PM »

^ BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle^
Salmons are pink, not red....

So give them pink uniforms!
And why do they have to be red?
If they have to be- why not the Washington Apples?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 10:09:11 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus

« Reply #610 on: February 04, 2022, 10:17:59 PM »

Ummm, 'cause I think they're suppose to represent Washington DC & not Washington State, which is why they tend to practice somewhere in Virginia.....
Come to think of it, they once tried to cover up the little indian logo on their helmets, making it look like they were wearing little white ps & qs.....

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #611 on: February 05, 2022, 12:22:21 AM »

Ummm, 'cause I think they're suppose to represent Washington DC & not Washington State, which is why they tend to practice somewhere in Virginia.....
Come to think of it, they once tried to cover up the little indian logo on their helmets, making it look like they were wearing little white ps & qs.....

There's always an innocent victim in things like this, and I heard Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, Mrs. Butterworth, the Washington football team mascot, and the tribal lady off Land 'O Lakes butter have all had to go the welfare.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #612 on: February 05, 2022, 12:33:17 AM »

Well, It seems that this year I will continue with my tradition of be single in Valentine's Day. It's not like I really care about that day, but I start to think about why be single at my 38 don't worry me. I mean, I really want to meet a woman and have children, start my own family, but here I am. The irony it is this 'statement' sound a bit depressive, but it is not. OK, just a little.

Hey, I don't think I'll have a date for Valentine's Day, either, and I don't really want one. I just stopped seeing someone seriously.

The irony is, when I was your age I really wanted to meet a wife and start a family. In my 40s I decided I wouldn't chase that dream anymore---and suddenly, more women started coming to me. It just became so much easier once I removed that pressure from myself. Hopefully the same will happen for you.

I hope your next relationship is even better, Rev. Good luck toward happy times still to come.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #613 on: February 05, 2022, 10:22:31 AM »

DC??? I did not know that! I swear all these years it was Washington State. I don't watch football.
Then it should be the DC Rioters!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 12:16:28 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #614 on: February 05, 2022, 12:26:15 PM »

Rudy Giuliani was on the Masked Singer.  Bluesad
I'm sure they both have the same audience.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 12:36:12 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 86
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.