Main Menu

Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection

Started by LilCerberus, June 30, 2020, 06:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lester1/2jr

Well, in NYC unfortunately there are now a lot of these types of incidents. The whole defund the police, let criminals get off vibe isn't working. Whatever was supposed to arise in it's place hasn't. It's just been a field day for criminals.

Trevor

Quote from: indianasmith on April 12, 2022, 10:53:34 PM
Quote from: lester1/2jr on April 12, 2022, 10:28:36 PM
My Dad lives in NYC and was intending to take the N train to 59th st with a stop at 36th, which is where the subway attack happened. His wife, my stepmother, got sick and he had to tend to her otherwise he could have been there. He was going to buy Tamales from some lady on 59th st.

It's scary when gun violence brushes up against those we love.
I was a toddler at the time, but in 1966 my Mom and Dad literally moved off of the sidewalk on the University of Texas campus to make room for a guy pushing a dolly with a trunk on it towards the UT clock tower.  They got in their car and drove off, and moments later he came out on top of the clock tower and started shooting, wounding over 30 people and killing 13.  Mom and Dad missed being in his sights by about five minutes, and recognized him when his picture was displayed on the news that evening.

Charles Whitman? OMG  :buggedout: :buggedout:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

RCMerchant

Quote from: lester1/2jr on April 12, 2022, 11:16:38 PM
Well, in NYC unfortunately there are now a lot of these types of incidents. The whole defund the police, let criminals get off vibe isn't working. Whatever was supposed to arise in it's place hasn't. It's just been a field day for criminals.

Defund...what? None of those policies are in place. WTF are you talking about?
I suppose if we had more cops we can catch mass murderers? Spree killers?  These are people that just decide they're going to go apesh!t with a gun.
Are you that much of a melon head?

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Rev. Powell

Quote from: RCMerchant on April 13, 2022, 11:01:43 AM
Quote from: lester1/2jr on April 12, 2022, 11:16:38 PM

Defund...what? None of those policies are in place. WTF are you talking about?
I suppose if we had more cops we can catch mass murderers? Spree killers? Are you that much of a melon head?

Do we really need name-calling?
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

^ No. We don't need it.
Sorry Rev.
I didn't mean Melon Head. I was thinking of giant penis Superman head!

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

lester1/2jr

this is walgreens in san francisco

everything is locked up because of constant shoplifting due to prop 47

RCMerchant

^...and that has what to do with mass shootings?

And how does locking up drugs in SF affect you in Boston?

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

lester1/2jr

They aren't drugs theyre regular products that's the point. The fact that you're a free man shows we haven't been tough enough on crime.

RCMerchant

^ Your'e right. Trump and cronies are still slithering free in public.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Zapranoth

If Patrick Swayze were here in this very thread, you know what he'd do and say, right?

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Zapranoth on April 15, 2022, 08:52:52 AM
If Patrick Swayze were here in this very thread, you know what he'd do and say, right?

"We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry"?
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Trevor

Quote from: Zapranoth on April 15, 2022, 08:52:52 AM

He'd say "No one puts Trev in a corner."  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

LilCerberus

If one is a brand, the how does the individual market themselves, especially in a town like this??????????
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

claws

I forgot how nice it is browsing the internet with an ad-blocker. Four ads blocked right here, and no more ads on youtube  :cheers:
Is it October yet?

claws

Quote from: RCMerchant on April 06, 2022, 11:30:08 AM
My son Eddie stopped over- looked at my TV- which hasn't worked in 2 months- and fixed it.  :thumbup:

one of those?  :wink:

Is it October yet?