Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:10:16 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Blu ray movies where the special features are better than the actual movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blu ray movies where the special features are better than the actual movie  (Read 1420 times)
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« on: August 10, 2020, 09:13:43 PM »

I'll name two for now. Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn (1987) and Day Of The Dead (1985) have a couple of the most entertaining Making Of... documentaries. Day Of The Dead's documentary is actually longer than the movie itself. I normally don't watch stuff like this but I remembered growing up wondering what these people were like in real life versus their on-screen personas, and I was pretty entertained by the both of them. Plus, there were plenty of Easter eggs packed into each, like when Kassie DePaiva (of Days Of Our Lives, General Hospital, and One Life To Live soap opera fame) who played Bobby Joe described being one of the couch cushions laughing at Ash in the scene when he went batsh*t crazy right after the deer head on the wall started laughing at him followed by the rest of the furniture in the cabin.

Or seeing what Joe Pilato looks and acts like nowadays compared to Captain Rhodes in the original Day Of The Dead (1985) movie:

He reminds me of Michael Shannon in that Runaways (2010) movie:

I like these special features because aside from the usual special effects sequences of "how did they do that", they get pretty in-depth into the production process behind these two films, which I never realized before how hard it was to get these films done back in the mid-'80s under very limited budgets. I had no idea that Day Of The Dead (1985) was working on such a shoestring budget because I had thought that George Romero had more clout in Hollywood than he did back then. Romero had a much bigger vision for Day Of The Dead because it was the third in his "Dead" trilogy and he wanted it to be more epic, but had to settle for less; apparently it was supposed to be more along the lines of Land Of The Dead (2005) but the studio wasn't going for it.

I love both of these films, and to me they are classic films in my movie library, but watching the special features made me appreciate them even more. Both Making Of... documentaries clock in at around an hour and a half, so they are feature-length in their own right.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Blu ray movies where the special features are better than the actual movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.