Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:12:17 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies You Can’t Bring Yourself To Watch « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Bad Movies You Can’t Bring Yourself To Watch  (Read 19475 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2020, 10:12:44 PM »

do any of you guys  remember or know that when Titanic Came out in (1997) i didn't see this 1st hand but apparently now get this i was listening to a podcast a year or two ago and the host was saying he took his wife to see it and than he mentioned he wondered how they were gonna do sinking ship scene?

or something along the lines of that and than there was some idiot that goes Thanks for Ruining the film for me and threw a tantrum and i think left i think they  were in line. apparently this moron didn't know that the ship actually sank and that the ship  was  based on a real life ship but the love story itself was fake as we here all know
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2020, 12:12:59 AM »

do any of you guys  remember or know that when Titanic Came out in (1997) i didn't see this 1st hand but apparently now get this i was listening to a podcast a year or two ago and the host was saying he took his wife to see it and than he mentioned he wondered how they were gonna do sinking ship scene?

or something along the lines of that and than there was some idiot that goes Thanks for Ruining the film for me and threw a tantrum and i think left i think they  were in line. apparently this moron didn't know that the ship actually sank and that the ship  was  based on a real life ship but the love story itself was fake as we here all know

I would not doubt that was a (mostly) true story.   There reallyi are people that dumb in the world.
pennywise37

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2020, 01:08:31 AM »

no it actually happened it just didn't happen to me and yes people are that stupid, i've always been fasinated  sorry for my crap spelling about the ship itself
and so i was actually excited they were doing a film about it, but it's a cheese fest i think and if i recall there was a silent film that they did right after it happened which wasn't it (1912) i think? anyways, they found it a couple years back if i recall though i've never seen it. and there are at least 1 or 2 people i think who are in it that were actually in the crash of the titanic.. hmm i need to see that i wonder if you tube has it lol.

anyways, there so many movies i just can't get myself to watch it's not even funny i'd say Oogie Loves is another (2012) i am fans of some of the celebs in it though
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2020, 04:57:57 AM »

It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I did like how they focused more on the Pazuzu demon's identity than they did in the first one, but at the same time that was what made the first one so great in that they barely touched on the demon's identity which made it more mysterious. Plus, James Earl Jones as a witch doctor!  Cheers
I thought EXCORCIST 2 was pretty good in its own right. I think it's the expectation factor which accounts for a large part of how bad its rep is... I mean, I'd be surprised if anyone thought it wasn't at least fairly entertaining? there's no other film like it really. In a world of routine cookie-cutter sequels it's an enjoyable curveball
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 05:00:08 AM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2020, 05:23:03 AM »

Exorcist 2 is many things but one thing it is not: scary. If your horrorfilm ain't scary you have a problem. It's not even creepy. Add Linda "High on Cocaine" Blair's bad acting  and you have a classic turd right there.

I'm all for the underdog but a good score and cinematography does not a good movie make.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2020, 06:17:37 AM »

tbh there's only about 3 or 4 horror films which I find genuinely scary... it's usually not even a factor in how I rate horror films in general

EXCORCIST 2 is def not scary tho, agreed!

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2020, 07:55:05 AM »

if i recall there was a silent film that they did right after it happened which wasn't it (1912) i think? anyways, they found it a couple years back if i recall though i've never seen it. and there are at least 1 or 2 people i think who are in it that were actually in the crash of the titanic.. hmm i need to see that i wonder if you tube has it lol.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0002475/?ref_=kw_li_tt

Here's a clip.
Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 07:59:35 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2020, 03:24:10 PM »

there's plenty of horror films that aren't scary at all those Universal films aren't scary at all i mean back in the day they no doubt were but nearly all of them are really damn good movies.  there's some clunkers in there don't get me wrong but they aren't scary there are a lot of horror films that have never scared me at all that are good. it's true i can't remember off hand if Exorcist 2 ever scared me or not but i enjoy the hell out of that film it's vastly underrated i think the problem with that film i think  is people watch the 1st film and than expect it to be the same level as the 1st one and it's not and than they say this film is just plain awful.

yes it did need a better script but it's  a good film in it's own right not a great film  at all but a good decent little film it tries to be scary and has some really creepy imagery and actually now as i'm typing this i think i do remember it giving me nightmares growing up so it did succeed than, but than i don't think the 1st film is scary anymore either, i'm sure i did once but there are horror films that i watch that are scary that i don't get scared at because i've seen so many of them.

there are some that just give me the creeps though but don't scare me
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2020, 03:38:50 PM »

I’m not even sure if this is odd, but I never find movies scary. Movies can be a lot of fun to watch with people who do get scared by movies though.

I mean there are jump scares that can get just about anyone. But that’s probably it. I never close my eyes or have nightmares afterward. I love horror movies too.

Other than jump scares probably the closest thing I get is disturbed by some movies. Like Men Behind the Sun or The Elephant Man. Both of those were based on actual events and as an empathetic person I can find them unfortunate and disturbing. I don’t really seek these out. Even ones like the Elephant Man which are really well made. When I watch a movie I seldom want to be depressed. I’d rather watch something made for $3K starring a guy who is supposed to be a zombie just because someone threw green paint on him.  
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2020, 04:09:03 PM »

I’m not even sure if this is odd, but I never find movies scary. Movies can be a lot of fun to watch with people who do get scared by movies though.

I mean there are jump scares that can get just about anyone. But that’s probably it. I never close my eyes or have nightmares afterward. I love horror movies too.

Other than jump scares probably the closest thing I get is disturbed by some movies. Like Men Behind the Sun or The Elephant Man. Both of those were based on actual events and as an empathetic person I can find them unfortunate and disturbing. I don’t really seek these out. Even ones like the Elephant Man which are really well made. When I watch a movie I seldom want to be depressed. I’d rather watch something made for $3K starring a guy who is supposed to be a zombie just because someone threw green paint on him.  

I agree. I haven't actually been scared by a movie since I was a little kid. I can still be disturbed by torture and cruelty, but not frightened. But on the other hand, I do like depressing movies when they're well done.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2020, 12:27:02 AM »

horror movies very RARELY scare me every once in a blue moon i find one, one that did was Rose Red (2002) when i first saw it and the part that just gave me the creeps was when Emery was lost in the house and he finds his way to the attic somehow and the camera pans out and shows how big the place is. 

it gave me the creeps cause i got to thinking how would i react if that were me.  as for Linda Blair i didn't think she was that bad in Exorcist 2 now she's done movies in the 80's though... people who have seen exorcist to need to see (1989)'s Zapped again that one is bad it's so bad that i don't even remember if i watched the whole thing.  the 1st one is favorite of mine it's not a great movie by any means but i haven't seen it in years so who knows maybe my mind will change?
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2020, 01:39:52 AM »

horrors that actually gave me a scare (on first viewing)

THE OMEN
DEEP RED
LONG WEEKEND
MULHOLLAND DRIVE (if you can call that a horror?)

...that might be it

as dcj2112 said, jump scares don't really count

I wouldn't say I was scared of seagulls, but if one randomly divebombed me would I flinch? yeah

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2020, 02:46:22 AM »

It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I did like how they focused more on the Pazuzu demon's identity than they did in the first one, but at the same time that was what made the first one so great in that they barely touched on the demon's identity which made it more mysterious. Plus, James Earl Jones as a witch doctor!  Cheers
I thought EXCORCIST 2 was pretty good in its own right. I think it's the expectation factor which accounts for a large part of how bad its rep is... I mean, I'd be surprised if anyone thought it wasn't at least fairly entertaining? there's no other film like it really. In a world of routine cookie-cutter sequels it's an enjoyable curveball

It had great visuals, the music was pretty good except for the cheesy soft music that they played around Regan's character, and I daresay that the performances by the actors were actually pretty good. It just wasn't that scary from what I remember, but that didn't make it bad. I mean, Exorcist III (1990) wasn't particularly scary either; I don't consider jump-scares to be scary, especially when you've trained your mind over the years to see them coming by watching out for typical jump-scare movie tropes like the camera panning just enough to leave a larger portion of the screen empty so that the audience will get a clearer view of where the jump-scare is going to happen; but it was still a good movie because George C. Scott is always fun to watch.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2020, 06:55:34 AM »

Exorcist II was laughable s**t. An awful film. You can put any twist on it you want...it's a BAD movie!
I enjoy it for that reason alone.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chainsaw midget

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2020, 10:47:55 AM »

Manos. Can't bring myself to watch it.
Manos is only worth watching if it's being shown on the Satellite of Love.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies You Can’t Bring Yourself To Watch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.