Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:03:21 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ruth Bader Ginsberg has died « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Author Topic: Ruth Bader Ginsberg has died  (Read 20521 times)
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 06:34:08 PM »

Meanwhile OBAMA is denied the opportunity since it was "an election year".  

Nothing was stopping Obama from nominating someone anyway...well, aside from being a weak sauce President. Maybe he had to get his boy Michelle’s permission first.  TeddyR

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2020, 06:46:08 PM »

Obama MADE a nomination - and the Senate wouldn't give his candidate, Merrick Garland, an up or down vote.
They let his nomination die in committee because it was an election year, even though the election was seven months away.
That's why people are mad - the same bunch that insisted the people should have a say in the composition of the court when the election was six months off are now insisting that the people should have NO voice, when the election is six weeks away.

Trump is gonna take heat for this no matter what he does.  If he pushes the nomination through before the election, furious liberals will turn out in droves, and wavering conservatives will see less reason to vote for him, since the only reason many principled people have supported him is the fact that they want a more conservative court.

If he decides to wait till after the election, he will anger his base, motivate Biden supporters to turn out so they can secure Ginsberg's seat for a liberal, but he will possibly pick up a few conservative leaning waverers.

But either way, I think he will anger more people than he pleases.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2020, 09:23:01 PM »

Obama MADE a nomination - and the Senate wouldn't give his candidate, Merrick Garland, an up or down vote.
They let his nomination die in committee because it was an election year, even though the election was seven months away.
That's why people are mad - the same bunch that insisted the people should have a say in the composition of the court when the election was six months off are now insisting that the people should have NO voice, when the election is six weeks away.

Trump is gonna take heat for this no matter what he does.  If he pushes the nomination through before the election, furious liberals will turn out in droves, and wavering conservatives will see less reason to vote for him, since the only reason many principled people have supported him is the fact that they want a more conservative court.

If he decides to wait till after the election, he will anger his base, motivate Biden supporters to turn out so they can secure Ginsberg's seat for a liberal, but he will possibly pick up a few conservative leaning waverers.

But either way, I think he will anger more people than he pleases.

On the contrary, I believe that most conservatives are happy that Ginsburg is finally out of the way and not wasting a spot on the Supreme Court, and that she will be replaced by a conservative and that the Supreme Court will lean more to the right for the foreseeable future. People may not like Trump that much, heck I don’t even like him, but no one can deny the fact that things are now looking much better for conservatives now that Ginsburg is gone from the highest court in the land.

------------------
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2020, 10:12:55 PM »

America is roughly 40% right, 40% left, and about 20% in the middle.
I think the court functions best, historically, when its ideological balance reflects that of the country.
When everyone is represented, no one feels left out. 
To say Ginsberg "wasted" a spot on the court is to spit on her legacy and to write off the views of a large portion of our country.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2020, 12:18:50 AM »

America is roughly 40% right, 40% left, and about 20% in the middle.
I think the court functions best, historically, when its ideological balance reflects that of the country.
When everyone is represented, no one feels left out.  
To say Ginsberg "wasted" a spot on the court is to spit on her legacy and to write off the views of a large portion of our country.

Oh spare me the melodrama! If you’re too sick to work then stay tf home. Ginsberg was nothing more or less than a public servant, and you’re treating her like she was the Mother Teresa. She should have been put out to pasture during the 2nd term of the Obama Administration, but the Democrats only pressured her to stay on the SCOTUS because they were certain that President Hillary was going to be the one to retire Ginsberg. Rest In Peace, but the old dingbat had outlived her usefulness a few years ago, just like some of these old fossils from yesteryear:

The late Antonin Scalia waved off the idea of limiting the terms of justices as “a solution in search of a problem,” but the problem is not an imaginary one: Some justices really have clung to their positions long after their mental faculties have left them. Justice Henry Baldwin remained on the court for nearly a dozen years after his 1832 hospitalization for “incurable lunacy.” One of Justice Nathan Clifford’s colleagues described him as a “babbling idiot” in the final years before his death in 1881. Justice Stephen Field in the mid-1890s and Justice Joseph McKenna in the early to mid-1920s each reportedly spent the end of their tenures in a haze.

]https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/magazine/amp/story/2019/01/16/ruth-bader-ginsburg-supreme-court-health-224014]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:24:48 AM by zelmo73 » Logged

------------------
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2020, 12:36:58 AM »

I love how you dig up s**t on folks you don't like, but ignore your hero's bulls**t. Nobody takes you serious.
Your a joke.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:42:03 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2020, 03:23:53 AM »

I love how you dig up s**t on folks you don't like, but ignore your hero's bulls**t. Nobody takes you serious.
Your a joke.

Why should I help you trash our President? You do such a fine job of coming up with b.s. all on your own.

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2020, 06:20:29 AM »

You don't have to help him. Your president does a good enough job of that all by himself.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2020, 06:52:15 AM »

We should all know being a "babbling idiot" does not disqualify a person from holding office in the US of A.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 06:54:28 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
VenomX73

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2020, 07:29:39 AM »

We should all know being a "babbling idiot" does not disqualify a person from holding office in the US of A.

Yep, from the last 6 months of Joe's incoherent ramblings... I'd say you are correct  Thumbup

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2020, 07:31:24 AM »

Your a joke.

Why should I help you trash our President? You do such a fine job of coming up with b.s. all on your own.

Sadly, I don't make his B.S. up. I don't have to. He does a good job of burying himself.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2020, 07:33:34 AM »

Yep, from the last 6 months of Joe's incoherent ramblings... I'd say you are correct  Thumbup

Where we are right now is not because of Joe Biden. He's NOT the President. I'm not a big fan of Biden myself.
I DO like Kamala Harris, though.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:37:07 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
VenomX73

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2020, 07:37:29 AM »

I understand, but I'm just agreeing with Newt  Thumbup

a lot of stupid things going on in office for a long time, no?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2020, 07:41:07 AM »

I understand, but I'm just agreeing with Newt  Thumbup

a lot of stupid things going on in office for a long time, no?
Yes. Nixon, Clinton, Trump.
Even when he wasn't President, I didn't like Donald Trump. A rich boy con artist. Do you know his history? Trump University? His bankruptcies when he got bailed out buy Russian banks?
He is not rich because of his business savy- he's rich because of his daddy and Russian bankers- which is why he loves Russia so much.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:48:51 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
VenomX73

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2020, 07:48:25 AM »

i dont know about Nixon  Question

Russia? didn't Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia? what was that all about?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:55:23 AM by VenomX73 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ruth Bader Ginsberg has died « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.