Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:43:54 PM
714416 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  50 worst of all time? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: 50 worst of all time?  (Read 22251 times)
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2020, 08:57:48 PM »

I will have my list of 50 worst movies ready to post in a day.   

I thought it would be fun if everyone posted their own personal "50 worst films" and compare.   About 10 or so are obscure straight to DVD that were made within the past 20 years so I doubt anyone has seen or heard of them.  Two were filmed here in Alaska.   I am 99% certain no one outside Alaska has even heard of them. Heck, I didn't know about one until this year.

Anyway, I'd love to see everyone else's list of 50 worst.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2020, 09:00:58 PM »

BORN LOSERS is the only one I watched more than once.
BILLY JACK was fun.
After that, yeeech!

I would have loved Billy Jack if I saw it when i was 10.   
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2020, 10:29:50 PM »

In no particular order, here is my list of 50 worst films of all time (to date...) What do you think?  Agree? Disagree?  Let's see yours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  The Room (2003)
This movie surpass Plan 9 as the worst movie of all time.
..until George Lucas plans to come out of retirement.

2.  Death Machines (1976)
This has everything a bad movie needs for me;  death by bulldozer while trapped in a phone booth. Death by driving up in a public park and pulling out a bazooka in broad daylight.  Death by being run over in a super fake interior Italian restaurant set while eating the cheapest spaghetti scene.  But the best part is the “villain” is a hilarious “Dragon Lady” played by an Asian woman with a terrible lisp.

3.  Robo Vampires (1988)
Godfrey Ho's worst ever...and all his movies are terrible. It's so bad I have totally forgotten even watching it in spite of a friend who swears we watched it.  He keeps threatening to make me watch it again.

4.  The Pod People (1984)
An E.T. Italian production filmed in Spain ripoff  where no invasion or pod people actually show up. But it did give us the groovy hit song: “Idiot control now”  (I'm not kidding, that's the name of the song)

5.  Billy Jack.  (1974)
This movie was produced with a budget of 800,000$ back in 1973.  Released in 1974 and made $60 Million?    This movie is 2 hours of self indulgent drivel. 

6.  The Trial of Billy Jack (1976)
The first movie was so popular Tom Laughlin had to cash in on his self indigence by repeating it and adding another hour.   Anyway, this sums up The Trial of Billy Jack for me;  “Inside you are two wolves.  Both are played by Tom Laughlin and neither one will shut up.”

6.  The Werewolf of Washington (DC) (1973)
Starring Dean Stockwell.. who does exactly what the script and director called for;  be boring for 2 hours – and he does so flawlessly.

7.  Boom (1968)
This is John Waters favorite bad movie. It's also one of mine. With the cast of Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton (just as their marriage was at an end) and Noel Coward.  Written by Tennessee Williams no less.   I could gush on forever how insanely fun this movie is..but you have to find out for yourself. It is incredibly  bad and incredibly good at the same time, and I can't explain why.

8.  Mesa of Lost Women (1953)
Don't let the advertisement fool you that Jackie Coogan will save this film. He does not.

9.  Invaders From Space (1965)
Aliens come to Japan to take over the world through... interpretive dance.  I'm not kidding.

10.  The Klansman (1974)
Richard Burton and Lee Marvin fight racism in a small town (somewhere in the good ol' US of A) They don't fight it very well – but an attempt was made.  Apparently they both drank quite a bit on the set.   

Lee Marvin was on a talk show with Richard Burton just a year after making “The Klansman”   Burton said it was lovely meeting Mr. Marvin  To which, Mr. Marvin reminded him they made “the Klansman” together recently.   Burton could not recall meeting him.. or the film at all. 

11.  Krull (1983)
Yeah, I know a lot of people (now about 40 years or younger) love it.   But this movie makes zero sense...and the “special effects” are not so special at all.

12.  The Wraith (1986)
Charlie Sheen thankfully had very little dialogue in this stink bomb.   It has a cult following, which I can see, it has some elements that could be endearing to some (heck, I love Death Machines) so I can't fault anyone for liking this.  Side note; I think Clint Howard borrowed the wig from Eraserhead.

13.  The Black Hole (1979)
It's Disney trying to be dark and cashing in on the Star Wars craze...they failed at both attempts.

14.  Hanger 18 (1978)
I remember watching this film when it came to my home town theater 30+ years ago with my best friend.  All I remember is both of us actually wanting our money back...which they didn't give us since we sat through the whole thing.  It never occurred to us we could walk out before the ending.

15.  300 (2006)
Yes, Zach Snider is almost a bad a director as Tommy Wisseau.   I would have walked out on this if my friend who paid for the ticket was not my ride home.

16.  CATS (2019)

17.  Star Crash (1978)
Italy cranked out more movies than Hollywood from the 1950s all the way to the 80s.  Occasionally, a good movie slipped out ..but most of them – which got major US Theatrical releases from major studios – were crap...Star Crash, like Disney and Krull..and Battle Beyond the Stars, attempted to cash in instantly on the Star Wars craze.  Putting Christopher Plumber on the billing did not save this film.

18.  Escape From Galaxy 3 (1981)
Which brings me to this gem... it too attempted to cash in on the Star Wars Craze on and after 1977.  It too failed ..but apparently people in the future live in Fabergé egg dwellings. They have lots of G rated sex (yes... it got a G Rating) The oddest part, there are no children in this future world.

19.  Howard The Duck
If Ewoks was not a sign to the fans that George was loosing touch with reality, Howard the Duck did. 

20.  Breakfast of Champions (1999)
The Kurt Vonnegut book is, like most his books a little odd, but organically so.  This adaptation is odd for the sake of being odd.   The director was a bit too self aware. 

21.  Leisure (2003)
This “movie” (direct to DVD) has only one real genuine actor, Michael Goorijan.. I'm guessing he made this movies with his friends.. who have no talent what so ever.  Not one character has any redeeming quality. There is a “story” of sorts that gets lost in the endless prattling of the “characters” moaning how terrible life is.

22.  Freedom Deep (1999)
The reviews on Amazon where you can buy the DVD have two positive reviews.  Both are from the director .

23.  Happy Halloween; Trick or Treat (2008)
Every single character falls into the bad writing category.

Every.
Single.
Character.

PS, this was filmed in Alaska.  No moose were harmed in the making of this crappy movie.

24.  Night Divides the Day
Apparently the title is in reference to a Doors song.  The line from the song is mentioned by one character at a camp fire... has no relevance or bearing what so ever on the story... but then again, nothing does in this movie.

25.  Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde: The Rock n' Roll musical.
Heck, Rock n' roll Nightmare is better than this movie.  I'm not kidding.

26.  Myra Breckinridge (1969)
I don't know why Gore Vidal disavowed this movie. It captures the essence of the book, which was supposed to be a satire of Hollywood and American culture..but was too mean spirited. The movie does follow the spirit and tone of the book flawlessly IMHO. The really twisted part is I love watching this movie anyway.

27.  The Blue Lagoon (1980)
Some people like watching Brooke Shields nearly naked for 90 minutes. Some people like watching Willie Ammes nearly naked for 90 minutes.  But not together in this movie.

28.  The Last American Virgin (1982)
Yet another “coming of age” movie that is somewhat mean spirited too. 

29.  Xtro (1984)
The writer/director went out of his way to be spiteful to not only the audience but all humanity.  This director has even more contempt for humanity than Andy Milligan.

30.  Cat in the Brain (1990)
Italian Director, Lucio Fulci plays himself as a.. get this horror film director. This director suddenly cannot distinguish between real life and the horror films he's made.   It's supposed to be a comedy.

31.  Supergirl (1984)
Salkinds really wanted to keep cashing in on their Superman success.  And would have if they got a real writer and real director.

32.  Santa Claus: The movie! (1985)
The Salkinds at it again, with the exact same French director as Supergirl. They also spent a lot of money making this movie.

33.  Plan 9 from Outer Space (1957)
While Tim Burton's amazing biopic: “Ed Wood” glorified the esteemed directors life.  Mind you, it is in the “So bad it's actually good” category ..but it's still bad.

34.  Slacker (1990)
Richard Linkatter's first film.. should have been his last.  I did, in fact walk out about 20 minutes in. I could not stomach any more. And I got a ticket to see another movie at the same theater.

35.  Xanadu ((1980)
What has not been said about this the past 40 years already?

36.  Can't Stop the Music (1980)
I love irony.  Disco stopped in this movie. .Plus, I should go back and watch this as it does have BRUCE Jenner.

37.  Taking Tiger Mountain (1982)
This movie makes zero sense. 

38.  The Snows of Kilamanjaro (1952)
You'd think a classic Hollywood film, made in the golden age with Gregory Peck and Susan Hayward based on a novel by Hemingway would be a sure fire hit.   Nothing happens in this snore fest for 2 whole hours.  Nothing.

39.  The Telephone (1988)
Proof Whoopie Goldberg is not all that talented. She could not pull off a clever Terry Southern Script.

40.   Star Wars; Episode I; The Phantom Menace (1999)
Jar Jar Binks..

41.  Popeye; The Movie (1980)
What possessed Robert Atlman and Jules Fifer to team up and adapt the cartoon, Popeye into a live action film?  Seriously.  Anyone know the answer?

42.  Star Trek: the (slow) Motion Picture (1979)
Living proof Gene Roddenberry should have let his own creation go with more talented and sane people. Mind you, I own it on Blu Ray and watch it at least once a year, after all, it is Star Trek.

43.  Andy Milligan. (from 1966 to 1987)
Minus “Vapors” Andy gave the world a plethora of bad movies. PS, I love Andy's movies, but every single one (except “Vapors” is a letter of contempt for all humanity.)

44.  Serial Rabbit III: Spitting Hares (2009)
An online friend recommend this as a “so good it is bad” movie.  He was dead wrong. It's a group of friends who went out of their way to intentionally make a bad movie.. and they succeeded.

45.  Nothing But Trouble (1991)
Dan Akcroyd was given free reign to do what every he wanted with dump trucks full of Hollywood money.

46.  Bill The Galactic Hero (2014)
What the heck happened to Alex Cox?   

47.  The History of the World Part I (1980)
Yes, I put a Mel Brooks movie on the 50 worst movies of all time. Much as I love Mel Brooks, this movie needed a miracle.

48.  Treasure of the Jamaican Reef (A.K.A. 'Evil in the Deep' - 1974)
Wow.. this “adventure/Thriller”  is neither.

49.  Dot Com for Murder (2001)
Nico Mastorakis (the “director”) is Greek for “Tax write off”

50.  Manos; The Hand of Fate (1966)
What hasn't been said about this stink bomb the past 30 years?  Some say “It's so bad it's good” kind of movie. I don't. But I can see why some do.
claws
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2020, 11:42:08 PM »

"Bad" and "cheese" usually go hand in hand. The cheese in those 50 was just awfully dull.

1. Hip Hop Locos (2001 Video)
 2. Return of the Boogeyman (1994 Video)
 3. Isis Rising: Curse of the Lady Mummy (2013)
 4. Curse of the Headless Horseman (1972)
 5. Kill the Scream Queen (2004)
 6. Ancient Evil: Scream of the Mummy (1999)
 7. Invasion from Inner Earth (1974)
 8. Alone in the Dark (2005)
 9. The Mailman (2004)
 10. Ape (1976)
 11. Five Across the Eyes (2006)
 12. Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus (2009 Video)
 13. Night Claws (2012)
 14. Firehead (1991)
 15. Delta Force One: The Lost Patrol (2000)
 16. Space Zombie Bingo!!! (1993 Video)
 17. Laserblast (1978)
 18. Honey Britches (1971)
 19. Hellraiser: Revelations (2011)
 20. Beyond the Wall of Sleep (2006)
 21. Raptor (2001 Video)
 22. April Fools (2007 Video)
 23. The Cell 2 (2009 Video)
 24. Bear (2010)
 25. Blood Theatre (1984)
 26. Deadly Daphne's Revenge (1987)
 27. The Feeding (2006 Video)
 28. Wicked Lake (2008)
 29. Bloody Murder (2000 Video)
 30. Boggy Creek (2010)
 31. Xtro II - The Second Encounter (1990)
 32. The Vulture's Eye (2004 Video)
 33. Howling III (1987)
 34. Teenage Alien Avengers (1999 TV Movie)
 35. Feardotcom (2002)
 36. Flesh for the Beast (2003)
 37. Invitation (2003 Video)
 38. Caved In (2006 TV Movie)
 39. The Milpitas Monster (1976)
 40. Prey of the Jaguar (1996 Video)
 41. Carnosaur (1993)
 42. 24 Hours in London (2000)
 43. The Legend of Bigfoot (1975)
 44. Gargoyle (2004 Video)
 45. Creature (2011)
 46. Galaxina (1980)
 47. Fait Accompli (1998)
 48. Ed Gein: The Butcher of Plainfield (2007 Video)
 49. Croc (2007 TV Movie)
 50. Godmonster of Indian Flats (1973)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2020, 11:46:24 PM »

The Room is hilariously bad, not worst of all time material imo. Same with Plan 9, it's on the higher end of bad flicks and I'll fight tooth and nail for it to be off of the worst of all time list. Some suggestions I  have are:
The Garbage Pail Kids Movie for notoriety
Disaster Movie for modern disaster
Octaman for wasted title character (and for rivaling Manos for how boring it is)
Fun in Balloonland for being the worst children's flick since it can't stay focused on the story
The Incredibly Strange Creatures for a technicality, since it's a musical that barely has any musical elements in it
Monster A Go-go should get in for how the back story of it.
All of the Francis Coleman flicks should get in
I'll think of some more later on.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 12:03:45 AM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2020, 12:15:17 AM »

I forgot about the Garbage Pail Kids movie. 

Wish I could still forget it.
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2020, 12:17:29 AM »

They made a sequel to Xtro??  WTF? Didn't the first one actually bomb at the box office?  or at least not make that much money?
claws
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2020, 12:31:49 AM »

No idea about Xtro's box office, but the same director made two sequels. Part 3 is equally bad as the second.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2020, 01:11:31 AM »

In no particular order, here is my list of 50 worst films of all time (to date...) What do you think?  Agree? Disagree?  Let's see yours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26.  Myra Breckinridge (1969)
I don't know why Gore Vidal disavowed this movie. It captures the essence of the book, which was supposed to be a satire of Hollywood and American culture..but was too mean spirited. The movie does follow the spirit and tone of the book flawlessly IMHO. The really twisted part is I love watching this movie anyway.

You enjoy the film.  That sounds like some kind of best not "worst".   Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2020, 03:56:57 AM »

In no particular order, here is my list of 50 worst films of all time (to date...) What do you think?  Agree? Disagree?  Let's see yours.

1.  The Room (2003)
This movie surpass Plan 9 as the worst movie of all time.
..until George Lucas plans to come out of retirement.

3.  Robo Vampires (1988)
Godfrey Ho's worst ever...and all his movies are terrible.

5.  Billy Jack.  (1974)
This movie was produced with a budget of 800,000$ back in 1973.  Released in 1974 and made $60 Million?    This movie is 2 hours of self indulgent drivel.

8.  Mesa of Lost Women (1953)
Don't let the advertisement fool you that Jackie Coogan will save this film. He does not.

9.  Invaders From Space (1965)
Aliens come to Japan to take over the world through... interpretive dance.  I'm not kidding.

17.  Star Crash (1978)
Italy cranked out more movies than Hollywood from the 1950s all the way to the 80s.  Occasionally, a good movie slipped out ..but most of them – which got major US Theatrical releases from major studios – were crap...Star Crash, like Disney and Krull..and Battle Beyond the Stars, attempted to cash in instantly on the Star Wars craze.  Putting Christopher Plumber on the billing did not save this film.

29.  Xtro (1984)
The writer/director went out of his way to be spiteful to not only the audience but all humanity.  This director has even more contempt for humanity than Andy Milligan.

33.  Plan 9 from Outer Space (1957)
While Tim Burton's amazing biopic: “Ed Wood” glorified the esteemed directors life.  Mind you, it is in the “So bad it's actually good” category ..but it's still bad.

50.  Manos; The Hand of Fate (1966)
What hasn't been said about this stink bomb the past 30 years?  Some say “It's so bad it's good” kind of movie. I don't. But I can see why some do.

I like every one of those movies.
They are BAD, but entertaining as hell.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2020, 03:57:50 AM »

that's the problem, there's good-bad and bad-bad. I think you need 2 seperate lists cause mixing those up can get complicated

good-bad:
SCANNERS 3
THE HOWLING PART 7
THE MUTILATOR
SAMURAI COP
DON'T OPEN TILL XMAS
PIECES
THE URGE TO KILL/ATTACK OF THE KILLER COMPUTER
THE ROOM
GRADUATION DAY
THE NOSTRIL PICKER
ICED
CHOPPING MALL
AEROBICIDE
WELCOME TO SPRING BREAK
BLOODY MOON
THINGS
FRIDAY 13TH PART 3 & PART 5
THE LAST HORROR FILM
BOARDINGHOUSE
ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST
CONTAMINATION
TROLL 2
UNDER SIEGE 2
GYMKATA

...i could go on to 50 but you probably get the idea

bad-bad? well If I don't enjoy a movie I try to forget about it. which is easy cause most of them are 'forgettable' to me. very few films have offended me so much with their 'bad-badness' that they've stuck in my mind...

I think I've only seen 3 movies on claws's entire list (MILPITAS MONSTER, HOWLING 3, XTRO 2), maybe I should feel lucky

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2020, 05:59:00 AM »

I could list my favorite 50 BAD movies of all time...except it changes day to day.
Worst movies- I really can't say. Like Zombie says, if it's really boring, and I forget about it the next day, that's bad. But there are films that are s**t that I remember just because they were s**t.
I know SINGLE ROOM FURNISHED(1966)  is on the top of the list.

It has Jayne Mansfield! But she doesn't do anything, or anybody else, except spout a quasi-psychological
can of fishing worms.
It sucks in the most boring way possible.
I was at least hoping to see a sex scene with Jayne! That's the only reason I watched it!
Never happens!
This was some kinda project she came up with to show her merit as a serious actor.
I respect and love Jayne Mansfield. She was smart. But-she couldn't act. Which is sad, because she was more than a body. She tried hard before she died to be taken serious. I bow to her.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 06:38:47 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pacman000
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2020, 12:59:00 PM »

that's the problem, there's good-bad and bad-bad. I think you need 2 seperate lists cause mixing those up can get complicated
I might suggest failure of purpose as a good compromise between the two. Of course, then you'd need to know what the filmakers intended to do.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2020, 01:27:24 PM »

I might suggest failure of purpose as a good compromise between the two. Of course, then you'd need to know what the filmakers intended to do.
Or just how much you enjoyed it.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2020, 02:35:55 PM »

have you seen that doc about her later years on tubi?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  50 worst of all time? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.