Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:39:34 AM
714627 Posts in 53101 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25
Author Topic: ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL!  (Read 49785 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2021, 12:32:44 AM »

Trump is a liar.  Trump is a fraud.  Trump is a coward.  Trump is a traitor. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2021, 03:28:14 AM »

Trump is still our President.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2021, 03:32:16 AM »

the same sort of chaos that ensued at the Capital will be taking place at all 50 state capitols

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/armed-protests-being-planned-at-all-50-state-capitols-fbi-bulletin-says/ar-BB1cEK0g?ocid=msedgntp

all of this could have been avoided if Trump didn't make bulls**t claims of voter fraud and encourage his cult members to raise hell at the Capitol building

Not in Alaska. They got the wrong address in the wrong friggin' city, for chrissakes!  BounceGiggle

------------------
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2021, 03:39:08 AM »

^You didn't read this, did you?^
^You just looked at the poster & decided it was BS, didn't you?^

It's true that you do stoop to whataboutism at times, and Democrats are quite reasonably tired of that at this point.  They've heard so many years of "But Hillary!  But Benghazi!  But emails!"  that it's hard to engage when someone tries to twist the subject around to old news that doesn't have a direct bearing on the question at hand.

What happened during the summer is what it is ... the matter at hand today is unrelated.  We could spend oodles of time deconstructing how .... nope!  Not going there.

Facts, as I see it:

1.  Trump and Giuliani incited the insurrection attempt, and the terrorists who engaged in it.   There is broad agreement with this point of view, from within and from without our country, on both sides of the aisle.
2.  Sure looks like some of the Capitol police were complicit, from what I have seen in videos and photos and articles.
3.  Hannity and f**ker Carlson and the rest on Fox continue to defend.   (I call him f**ker, yes.  That's my preferred name for him.)
4.  Republicans and Democrats both who defend or acquit the behavior that occurred before our country and BEFORE THE WORLD are complicit in it.

Lastly, and probably most importantly:

5.   Trump has been spewing hate and division for four years, and what happened last week was the inevitable fruit that would bear.   This is what Trump has been crying for, for years.   It isn't necessary that Trump explicitly drew up the battle plan that happened that day, or that such be proven.   He has been drumming that tune all along, trying to explode our democracy at each turn of the way.    This is squarely at his feet.  He has emboldened hate, bigotry, anti-science, anti-intellectualism, and division every.  f**king.  Step of the way.

You're about as full of crap as that rushed vaccine that you keep trying to push on us like it's a cure for COVID or something.  Lookingup

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2021, 04:25:09 AM »

^You didn't read this, did you?^
^You just looked at the poster & decided it was BS, didn't you?^

It's true that you do stoop to whataboutism at times, and Democrats are quite reasonably tired of that at this point.  They've heard so many years of "But Hillary!  But Benghazi!  But emails!"  that it's hard to engage when someone tries to twist the subject around to old news that doesn't have a direct bearing on the question at hand.

What happened during the summer is what it is ... the matter at hand today is unrelated.  We could spend oodles of time deconstructing how .... nope!  Not going there.

Facts, as I see it:

1.  Trump and Giuliani incited the insurrection attempt, and the terrorists who engaged in it.   There is broad agreement with this point of view, from within and from without our country, on both sides of the aisle.
2.  Sure looks like some of the Capitol police were complicit, from what I have seen in videos and photos and articles.
3.  Hannity and f**ker Carlson and the rest on Fox continue to defend.   (I call him f**ker, yes.  That's my preferred name for him.)
4.  Republicans and Democrats both who defend or acquit the behavior that occurred before our country and BEFORE THE WORLD are complicit in it.

Lastly, and probably most importantly:

5.   Trump has been spewing hate and division for four years, and what happened last week was the inevitable fruit that would bear.   This is what Trump has been crying for, for years.   It isn't necessary that Trump explicitly drew up the battle plan that happened that day, or that such be proven.   He has been drumming that tune all along, trying to explode our democracy at each turn of the way.    This is squarely at his feet.  He has emboldened hate, bigotry, anti-science, anti-intellectualism, and division every.  f**king.  Step of the way.

You're about as full of crap as that rushed vaccine that you keep trying to push on us like it's a cure for COVID or something.  Lookingup

No one is pushing it as a cure. Anyone with at least half a brain knows its a preventative, not a cure.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 04:39:23 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2021, 09:07:40 AM »

Remember that insulting another poster might make you feel temporarily better, but it's not a convincing form of argument, and it diminishes your credibility in the future.

Rule #1:  Common Courtesy
Please be polite when posting.  Discussing movies is naturally going to lead to conversations with other people who do not agree with your opinion of a film.  One of the great things about that is that neither opinion is wrong, the film simply hit the right chord for one of you and failed to entertain the other.  You do not have to agree with everyone and a good debate is definitely an asset to the community.  Flame wars are useless, so rude and insulting behavior is not tolerated.

This thread really should probably be closed. If Andrew were still around, I doubt this would be allowed to continue. But I see no reason to lock threads like this--if we can discuss things civilly.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2021, 11:34:46 AM »

Trump is still our President.

Not for lo-ong...

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2021, 12:52:13 PM »

Trump says his rally speech before deadly Capitol riot was ‘totally appropriate’ 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-personal-responsibility-capitol-riot-totally-appropriate-rally-speech-165520877.html  

Facing likely impeachment — and the potential for criminal liability — for helping incite last week’s deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol, President Trump on Tuesday sought to defend himself, saying the speech he gave at a rally shortly before the siege was “totally appropriate.”

Speaking to reporters at Joint Base Andrews before departing for Alamo, Texas, the president was asked whether he accepted any personal responsibility for the events that left at least five people dead, including two Capitol Police officers, after a violent mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol Building.

“So if you read my speech, and many people have done it, and I’ve seen it both in the papers and in the media, on television, it’s been analyzed and people thought what I said was totally appropriate,” Trump replied. “And if you look at what other people have said, politicians at a high level, about the riots during the summer, the horrible riots in Portland and Seattle and various other places, that was a real problem, what they said. But they’ve analyzed my speech and my words and my final paragraph, my final sentence and everybody to the T thought it was totally appropriate....”

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2021, 02:43:32 PM »

long story short: Pompeo is a former CIA head and he is trying to do CIA stuff as Secstate.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2021, 03:11:40 PM »

I haven’t seen this anywhere else, on any nooz show at all... Might’ve cooled a few jets!

Small | Large

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2021, 05:29:43 PM »

Question
"break it up, porcupine!"
It's over! Get a grip, old bean!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 05:45:53 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2021, 06:06:52 PM »

I wish Pence had stepped up and done the right thing and invoked the 25th.
But since he won't, at least maybe this impeachment - which has a lot better chance of passing than the last one - will make sure Donald Trump NEVER holds office again.  And best of all, he can still face criminal charges afterward for his little coup attempt!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2021, 06:35:39 PM »

I wish Pence had stepped up and done the right thing and invoked the 25th.
But since he won't, at least maybe this impeachment - which has a lot better chance of passing than the last one - will make sure Donald Trump NEVER holds office again.  And best of all, he can still face criminal charges afterward for his little coup attempt!

The last one, half the yes votes came before they could even come up with any charges...
The current one won't be able to come until a few days AFTER he's out of office......

It won't solve anything other than satiate the anger of some eighty-one million people, which could incite the anger of seventy-four million people....

Think this through.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2021, 07:00:24 PM »

A President of the United States engineered a coup attempt against our own government.
People died because of his stupidity, arrogance, and insecurity.  If he does not face legal consequences for his treason, justice is dead.
And this same President was talking, until a week or so ago, about running again in 2024.
Our bitter, divided country DOES NOT NEED another Trump campaign, based on lies, hatred, and ignorance.
HE.MUST.BE.PREVENTED. from ever running again.  Impeachment is the legal, constitutional way to do that.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2021, 07:15:19 PM »

A President of the United States engineered a coup attempt against our own government.
People died because of his stupidity, arrogance, and insecurity.  If he does not face legal consequences for his treason, justice is dead.
And this same President was talking, until a week or so ago, about running again in 2024.
Our bitter, divided country DOES NOT NEED another Trump campaign, based on lies, hatred, and ignorance.
HE.MUST.BE.PREVENTED. from ever running again.  Impeachment is the legal, constitutional way to do that.

He organized A march.
I have yet to hear any language from that day promoting violence or or a coup...

During his speech, he told the crowd to march peacefully..
He later tweeted, "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!"

He later posted a video, he said, “I know your pain, I know you’re hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us, But you have to go home now. We have to have peace. We have to have law and order … We don’t want anybody hurt.”

Any calls for violence or a coup, at least on Mr Trump's part, are entirely in the imaginations of the democrat party...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.