Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:18:15 PM
714483 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Buh bye, Trump « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: Buh bye, Trump  (Read 20806 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2021, 10:54:08 AM »

John! Chill, my friend.

http://youtu.be/CTUsFm0BAu8

Let it all go at least for a moment.

I agree with RC.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2021, 11:32:59 AM »

John! Chill, my friend.

I agree with RC.

For the moment. 

John! Chill, my friend.
http://youtu.be/CTUsFm0BAu8

Nope!  I watched 3 hours of that crap last night on VICE News and CNN.  It's loathsome, frightening, and disgusting.  

And by the way, don't bother taking the "s" out of your hyperlinks.  Just paste the link and highlight as a hyperlink. I had to do that to see you had posted TEN YEARS AFTER:  

http://youtu.be/CTUsFm0BAu8]https://youtu.be/CTUsFm0BAu8]http://youtu.be/CTUsFm0BAu8  

And to quote you I must point out that you are... fickle :

If you rub it in, of course they're going to lash out. This chapter is in the history books, let's move on.

It's not history. It's still here.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:37:34 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2021, 01:01:05 PM »

^ Yes, the legacy of Trump will have aftershocks for years. But It seems like a good  thing to chill.
If only for a minute to catch a breath.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2021, 01:14:16 PM »

^ Yes, the legacy of Trump will have aftershocks for years. But It seems like a good  thing to chill.

I admit watching those news programs last night got me wound up.  And your remark wasn't a week ago... 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2021, 01:37:35 PM »

^ It could have been 5 days ago. I dunno. I'm exhausted from all this s**t.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 01:54:05 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2021, 02:36:34 PM »

You'll note that my original post in this thread was just a bunch of statements about my own reaction to Trump, and what his specific leadership did in my life, and how it was germane to my daily work.

I'm so glad he's gone.
The problems for which he is a figurehead have not gone, but are more in the light now and are more a part of daily talk.

But, we have a chance to turn the tiller to a new direction now.   Here's to hoping that we can sustain it.  We have to change the very basics of how our economic system damages our biosphere, before it's too late.

I totally understand John being bent out of shape.

For my part, I:

1.  Quit my one social medium (facebook),
2.  Watch no broadcast news (which I have not done, for decades)
3.  Don't talk to my wingnut-rightie relatives (which I generally have not done for decades either).

I refuse to go through my day getting bent out of shape by stuff I bring on myself, at least much as I can be mindful of that.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2021, 04:07:20 PM »

You'll note that my original post in this thread was just a bunch of statements about my own reaction to Trump, and what his specific leadership did in my life, and how it was germane to my daily work.
I'm so glad he's gone.
The problems for which he is a figurehead have not gone, but are more in the light now and are more a part of daily talk.
But, we have a chance to turn the tiller to a new direction now.   Here's to hoping that we can sustain it.  We have to change the very basics of how our economic system damages our biosphere, before it's too late.
I totally understand John being bent out of shape.
For my part, I:
1.  Quit my one social medium (facebook),
2.  Watch no broadcast news (which I have not done, for decades)
3.  Don't talk to my wingnut-rightie relatives (which I generally have not done for decades either).
I refuse to go through my day getting bent out of shape by stuff I bring on myself, at least much as I can be mindful of that.

I'm not bent out of shape.  I'm learning. 
I belong to fnckfacebook but I almost never use it unless I get notice of some friend's birthday.
I only watch the evening news for 1/2 hour before Jeopardy.   Lots of commercials and generally boring. 
Fortunately, the few wingnuts in my own family I never discuss politics with; and rarely religion too. 

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2021, 03:06:58 AM »

I admit watching those news programs last night got me wound up.  And your remark wasn't a week ago... 

I stopped watching TV news waaaaaay back in April and I've been chill as a refrigerated cucumber these past 9 months, even when COVID blazed through the lab and quarantined all but 3 of us back in October. I can't even watch that noise (let's call it that instead of "news") anymore, much less read the newspapers, because...well...

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2021, 08:33:47 AM »

"The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election"

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2021, 09:42:33 AM »

Interesting read.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2021, 03:47:47 PM »

The author, Molly Ball, is going to commit suicide Hillary Clinton-style for spilling the beans on their secret plans like this.

Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding. They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears. They executed national public-awareness campaigns that helped Americans understand how the vote count would unfold over days or weeks, preventing Trump’s conspiracy theories and false claims of victory from getting more traction. After Election Day, they monitored every pressure point to ensure that Trump could not overturn the result. “The untold story of the election is the thousands of people of both parties who accomplished the triumph of American democracy at its very foundation,” says Norm Eisen, a prominent lawyer and former Obama Administration official who recruited Republicans and Democrats to the board of the Voter Protection Program.

------------------
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2021, 10:38:07 PM »

Honestly, everything they did was perfectly legal. A conspiracy to influence the election?  Sure.
So is EVERY CAMPAIGN EVER.  This one just goes to show how much the people who truly understand how our government works wanted to be rid of the Trump cancer.  He was the biggest threat to our Republic since the Civil War, the closest thing in history to a true American fascist.

Good riddance.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2021, 04:28:39 AM »

Honestly, everything they did was perfectly legal. A conspiracy to influence the election?  Sure.
So is EVERY CAMPAIGN EVER.  This one just goes to show how much the people who truly understand how our government works wanted to be rid of the Trump cancer.  He was the biggest threat to our Republic since the Civil War, the closest thing in history to a true American fascist.

Good riddance.

Fraud is never “perfectly legal.”

"You'll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think." - Senator Mitch McConnell, 2013

------------------
chainsaw midget

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2021, 10:37:50 AM »

Good riddance.

Fraud is never “perfectly legal.”

"You'll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think." - Senator Mitch McConnell, 2013
What part of any of that was fraud?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2021, 11:03:45 AM »

I admit watching those news programs last night got me wound up.  And your remark wasn't a week ago...  

I stopped watching TV news waaaaaay back in April and I've been chill as a refrigerated cucumber these past 9 months, even when COVID blazed through the lab and quarantined all but 3 of us back in October. I can't even watch that noise (let's call it that instead of "news") anymore, much less read the newspapers, because...well...

So you don't read the papers or watch the news. Where do you get your information from? Outer space transmissions from God? Bulls**t. Of course you watch the news. Your lying through your teeth.
I call bulls**t.
You watch the news and bend it so it fits your views.
And quoting Mitch McConnell will not help you argument.

PS- Denzel was the bad guy in that movie, remember?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:52:18 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Buh bye, Trump « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.