Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:28:23 PM
714411 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  City of Blood (1987) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: City of Blood (1987)  (Read 2394 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: September 01, 2021, 11:56:47 AM »

I thought this little seen South African horror / murder mystery was lost (our archive doesn't have it) until it popped up on Tubi.

https://tubitv.com/movies/503517/city-of-blood?start=true

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209972/

Strange film about a burnt out, suicidal SA medical examiner who investigates ghastly murders in Johannesburg at great personal cost.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 03:07:03 PM »

Such a weird coincidence. I was watching three people exploring an abandoned house on youtube yesterday. The house belonged to a rich lawyer. Apparently he became Ill and his wife divorced him. He was taken to a care home. They had two daughters who went to college. The mansion was abandoned in the early 2000s. No info about the whereabouts of the wife and daughters, why they didn't just sold the house, and why they left most of their personal belongings behind, including the lawyers passport, family pictures and handwritten letters. Word has it the lawyer passed away.

The family loved to watch VHS movies though as there are tapes all over the place. There is a scene where the explorer films a box of ex-rental tapes in the house, and one of the tapes is City of Blood  Buggedout

at the 12:56 min mark

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 01:26:50 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 03:21:12 PM »

As for the movie, I rented it back in VHS days but didn't think much of it. City of Blood was included in a multi DVD set I bought some time ago. I rewatched it and I honestly don't remember much about it.

Is it October yet?
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 02:18:45 AM »

Such a weird coincidence. I was watching three people exploring an abandoned house on youtube yesterday. The house belonged to a rich lawyer. Apparently he became Ill and his wife divorced him. He was taken to a care home. They had two daughters who went to college. The mansion was abandoned in the early 2000s. No info about the whereabouts of the wife and daughters, why they didn't just sold the house, and why they left most of their personal belongings behind, including the lawyers passport, family pictures and handwritten letters. Word has it the lawyer passed away.

The family loved to watch VHS movies though as there are tapes all over the place. There is a scene where the explorer films a box of ex-rental tapes in the house, and one of the tapes is City of Blood  Buggedout

at the 12:56 min mark

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

That's really weird and the circumstances of the house and that family - as well as that abandoned car - are really sad.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 02:21:58 AM »

As for the movie, I rented it back in VHS days but didn't think much of it. City of Blood was included in a multi DVD set I bought some time ago. I rewatched it and I honestly don't remember much about it.

It's supposed to be an anti-apartheid film with the ME refusing to sign a death certificate of "a certain political prisoner" who is believed to be Nelson Mandela, still in jail at that time. The late great Ken Gampu represents the hatred black SA's had for the apartheid system while still seeming to be outwardly pleasant.

claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 08:30:17 AM »

That's really weird and the circumstances of the house and that family - as well as that abandoned car - are really sad.

Somebody in the comments section spotted price/value tags from court on a few items in the house. It is believed they had plans splitting all profits from the sale of the house for the divorce. But for some reason they didn't go through with it. Nobody knows who owns the house now, it's been sitting there slowly rotting away since the early 2000s. Another comment claims they were very rich and just didn't bother with the house.

Sorry for bringing up this abandoned house video in your City of Blood thread. I'll try to rewatch again one of these days.

Is it October yet?
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 10:22:23 AM »

Sorry for bringing up this abandoned house video in your City of Blood thread. I'll try to rewatch again one of these days.

No problems  Smile

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  City of Blood (1987) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.