Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:46:44 PM
714494 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 148
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 235445 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1410 on: April 13, 2023, 04:30:21 AM »

I just watched Metallica on the Jimmy Kimmel Show last night-! They played Master of Puppets! Kirk had the coolest Karloff Mummy guitar!

Small | Large

These guys are as old as my dumb ass! But they still can kick ass! The young folks in the audiance seemed ...confused. I'd a been head banging!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 04:34:18 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1411 on: April 13, 2023, 07:34:50 AM »

Found out some man I used to know died. He had one of the worst attitudes toward life I ever encountered, caustic, cynical, downright hateful, but I also kind of felt sorry for him, and found out his life went into the toilet in his later years, dying in poverty, alone.

His thing though was he was so partisan about Texas that he could not allow any other state the slightest moment of glory, and one of his deals was, if you dared ever mention it was hot where you lived, he'd tell you, "You don't know what hot is til you've spent a summer in Texas, darlin'."

Yeah, sure.

According to him storms in the Midwest did not compare to Texas storms. Cold winters in New England were not as severe as Texas winters, because of the constant wind. Floods were worse in Texas because it was flat. Food was nothing anywhere else in the world, because only in Texas could you find the range of cultures infusing its cuisine. If a woman was beautiful she did not compare to Texas women, and so if she had sense she'd soon move to Texas to be among her own kind. (He really said that.) Any sports teams were at best second to Texas teams. All beer was inferior to Texas beer. Texas had the best writers, singers, musicians, politicians, policies, and city planning. Texas' ecology was the best in the nation. Texas fixed its potholes on a more regular basis than any other state.

I kid you not, he took stands on every one of those issues and he would absolutely offer to fight someone over any perceived slur against Texas and Texans, saying he was a Texan first and an American far second.

There comes a time when one's fondness for one's state becomes a mania, and he left that line in the rear view mirror a long time back.

He even used to serially tell this joke:

"What keeps Texas from sliding into the Gulf of Mexico?

The rest of the USA sucks so much."

You know what, I hope he's in the south Boston of the afterlife.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1412 on: April 13, 2023, 08:26:00 AM »

Found out some man I used to know died. He had one of the worst attitudes toward life I ever encountered, caustic, cynical, downright hateful, but I also kind of felt sorry for him, and found out his life went into the toilet in his later years, dying in poverty, alone.

His thing though was he was so partisan about Texas that he could not allow any other state the slightest moment of glory, and one of his deals was, if you dared ever mention it was hot where you lived, he'd tell you, "You don't know what hot is til you've spent a summer in Texas, darlin'."

Yeah, sure.

According to him storms in the Midwest did not compare to Texas storms. Cold winters in New England were not as severe as Texas winters, because of the constant wind. Floods were worse in Texas because it was flat. Food was nothing anywhere else in the world, because only in Texas could you find the range of cultures infusing its cuisine. If a woman was beautiful she did not compare to Texas women, and so if she had sense she'd soon move to Texas to be among her own kind. (He really said that.) Any sports teams were at best second to Texas teams. All beer was inferior to Texas beer. Texas had the best writers, singers, musicians, politicians, policies, and city planning. Texas' ecology was the best in the nation. Texas fixed its potholes on a more regular basis than any other state.

I kid you not, he took stands on every one of those issues and he would absolutely offer to fight someone over any perceived slur against Texas and Texans, saying he was a Texan first and an American far second.

There comes a time when one's fondness for one's state becomes a mania, and he left that line in the rear view mirror a long time back.

He even used to serially tell this joke:

"What keeps Texas from sliding into the Gulf of Mexico?

The rest of the USA sucks so much."

You know what, I hope he's in the south Boston of the afterlife.

I knew a guy like that. We nicknamed him James Two-s**ts, because no matter what you did, he had something bigger and better.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1413 on: April 13, 2023, 09:17:15 AM »

My mom doesn't know who I am anymore. She does sort of recognize me, though, and knows I'm someone she can trust. She still knows who my dad is, but that may be the only person whose name she knows.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1414 on: April 13, 2023, 09:51:02 AM »

My mom doesn't know who I am anymore. She does sort of recognize me, though, and knows I'm someone she can trust. She still knows who my dad is, but that may be the only person whose name she knows.

Bluesad Bluesad

So sorry you have to go through this, Rev. Dad went through the same: he recognized me but sometimes his wife of 51 years was a complete stranger.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1415 on: April 13, 2023, 01:01:04 PM »

That's terribly sad to read about and I'm sure unimaginably worse to experience in life.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1416 on: April 13, 2023, 01:09:06 PM »

I should have said she doesn't know me all the time. Today was a good day for her: she did recognize me, and was able to name her children (though mistook a grandchild for a child). She even knew one of her dogs' names. Still, she's getting worse all the time.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1417 on: April 13, 2023, 01:33:19 PM »

^ That's good. That she had a good day.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1418 on: April 13, 2023, 02:30:14 PM »

Came home to find out the IRS has rejected our return for the seventh time this year, meanwhile the deadline looms. Difficult to tell of the level of frustration I am feeling.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1419 on: April 14, 2023, 03:45:53 AM »

If they don't want your money just keep it for yourself?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1420 on: April 15, 2023, 10:25:23 AM »

I'll let you in on a truth about me not a lot of people know. I was so sure I was going to die young and suddenly, probably on the job, that I used to give away my things almost compulsively, especially money, figuring why not, I wasn't going to need it in the long-term. Now as I stare at the bills needing to be paid, I find I could use a lot of that money I used to give away.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1421 on: April 15, 2023, 04:36:21 PM »

My son Jed, his girlfriend Tonya, my grandson's Aiden and Theo, and Aiden's friend Marvell are at my house today. It's about 76 ft. outside, a beautiful day.  Smile

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1422 on: April 16, 2023, 01:44:20 AM »

My son Jed, his girlfriend Tonya, my grandson's Aiden and Theo, and Aiden's friend Marvell are at my house today. It's about 76 ft. outside, a beautiful day.  Smile

I hope you have a great time with them.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1423 on: April 16, 2023, 08:42:18 AM »

That sounds wonderful!

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1424 on: April 17, 2023, 07:22:50 AM »

Jack Parr. Johnny Carson. Jay Leno. Almost Joan Rivers. Jimmy Fallon. Why do all the Tonight Show host's names all start with 'J'?  Question

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 148
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.