Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:44:12 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 148
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 235352 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1680 on: July 20, 2023, 12:09:57 PM »

Sounds weird but when I was little I used to like a frozen waffle (left frozen) with honey on it.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1681 on: July 20, 2023, 01:01:20 PM »

The IRS is saying we owe $480,000 in 2022 back taxes. Yyyyyep. It's so absurdly disconnected from any possible reality that I'm not even upset, I just had to laugh at whatever crazy pencil pusher came up with that figure. Neither our accountant nor our tax attorney can match that sum with anything at all but I think to fight our way through this it's going to be a crazy headache that will cost us a lot of money and take years. Maybe a free IRS tax advocate will make some headway instead of us paying the lawyer and accountant. HOW do they arrive at almost half a million dollars? Our total combined incomes didn't even come close to that in any way shape or form by a long, long, longshot. It truly is more funny than frightening. Even $48,000 in taxes would have been out of proportion to our income. Maybe we're being pranked. The IRS is known for its sense of humor after all.

Was this by phone or by mail? The IRS never calls. If so, it's a scam.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1682 on: July 22, 2023, 02:42:16 AM »

I made a lemon garlic butter chicken and green beans dish. I made the green beans right, but man the chicken was missing something. If I remake it I may add cumin into it.  The chicken was rubbed with smoked paprika, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Any other spices I should try?

you need some white pepper and some cayenne pepper. cumin will make your sauce( i assume it's the sauce that is butter, lemon and garlic) go bitter to the palate when eten with the chicken.

don't EVEN...EVER!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1683 on: July 24, 2023, 01:57:24 AM »

I'm watching this Wes Craven movie. It's from the same time period as the Susan Lucci one and the cousin is a sexy with one but it's not very good.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1684 on: July 24, 2023, 09:38:32 AM »

Good news this morn: I may soon be publication brothers with Trevor (Bear Manor).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1685 on: July 24, 2023, 08:16:35 PM »

I was raised in a religion that taught God, being all good, cannot do evil, but in the face of evidence that suggests the contrary, I concluded either it is untrue that God (if we make the assumption God exists), cannot do evil, God only selectively interferes in human affairs and much occurs outside the hegemony of God, or that matters which seem wholly evil to us, the murder of a child, for instance, are actually good in ways we cannot comprehend.  

Yet when I brought this hypothesis up to a rabbi, he said my mistake was in not grasping that God is evil as well as good, is hate as well as love, despair as well as hope, is in fact all possible things to an infinite degree.  

Since he said that I have had to weigh his belief and set it against the other ideas.

The simplest explanation, of course, is that there is no God, yet that idea too opens up a number of problems, the most central to me being Aquinas' "uncreated creator" which had no beginning and yet set all else into existence.

This is the stuff I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about, to be honest.

Chelsea Quinn Yarbro years ago told me it was because I was in the Mature cycle of the soul's journey back to the Tao, a time when such contemplations are so intrinsic as to be both inescapable and overwhelming.

She compared that stage of a soul's  journey to human adolescence, only an adolescence that continues across scores of lives until the tranquility of the old soul levels/lessons are reached.

I wonder what simply living life instead of constantly examining it is even like?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1686 on: July 25, 2023, 01:37:28 AM »

I been thinking of me sweetheart Tara Sue lately. She passed 15 years ago.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1687 on: July 25, 2023, 02:53:56 AM »

Since Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello announced they are getting divorced all the various D&D groups have gotten all excited and are declaring that now they are apart, other people now have a chance.

The unusual thing is that is it Joe that they are all talking about and wanting to recruit to their gaming tables.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1688 on: July 25, 2023, 03:07:09 AM »

Hugs 🤗🤗

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1689 on: July 25, 2023, 07:51:08 AM »

Sad when days like this roll around. Condolences, Ronny. I remember when I first started posting here in 2008, she was sick.

I'll tell you, it's better to believe we are going to see lost loved ones again. If ultimately we don't then we've lost nothing we hadn't already, while we gained a lifetime of hope.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1690 on: July 26, 2023, 12:38:24 PM »

Today my daughter undergoes a life experience I never have and gets a cavity repaired. I told the dentist if Trinity is brave she can have all the candy she wants til her next checkup, and he said that works for him.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1691 on: July 26, 2023, 03:16:14 PM »

With Kristi's new job she has had to get used to being called a c**t multiple times on a daily bases. She considers it a good day when she gets through a shift without being called any names.

Anyway, I bought myself a 3D printer and since she likes to bake for the people she is looking after, I think this should be the first thing I make for her.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6116270

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1692 on: July 26, 2023, 04:20:42 PM »

With Kristi's new job she has had to get used to being called a c**t multiple times on a daily bases. She considers it a good day when she gets through a shift without being called any names.

Anyway, I bought myself a 3D printer and since she likes to bake for the people she is looking after, I think this should be the first thing I make for her.

Is she talking to Irish people by any chance?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1693 on: July 26, 2023, 05:24:06 PM »

^ She live's in Ireland.  Lookingup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1694 on: July 26, 2023, 06:02:54 PM »

Is she talking to Irish people by any chance?

Possibly Irish descent. Mostly it is people with learning difficulties who are too young to be receiving the kind of care old people receive.

Strangely I have found myself in the situation recently where people with learning difficulties have been commenting on or involved with situations they don't really understand.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 148
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.