Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:56:28 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 148
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 235193 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1710 on: July 29, 2023, 01:46:01 AM »

very frustrating day skateboarding, which they often are.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1711 on: July 30, 2023, 09:49:51 AM »

What the f**k is wrong with people???

Taylor Shabusiness, a woman from Wisconson, just entered the Sicko Hall of Fame for strangling her boyfriend with a dog chain, having sex with his dead body, and cutting up his body while wiped out on meth.  While being interrogated, she confessed readily while giggling. Sweet sh*tting Satan.
So- Ed Gein, Jeffery Dahmer, and her all come from the friendly state of Wisconson.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/27/taylor-schabusiness-guilty-of-kiling-lover-abusing-corpse/
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 10:08:54 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1712 on: July 31, 2023, 02:08:57 AM »

What the f**k is wrong with people???

Taylor Shabusiness, a woman from Wisconson, just entered the Sicko Hall of Fame for strangling her boyfriend with a dog chain, having sex with his dead body, and cutting up his body while wiped out on meth.  While being interrogated, she confessed readily while giggling. Sweet sh*tting Satan.
So- Ed Gein, Jeffery Dahmer, and her all come from the friendly state of Wisconson.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/27/taylor-schabusiness-guilty-of-kiling-lover-abusing-corpse/

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1713 on: July 31, 2023, 12:39:31 PM »

Sorry to hear that Pee Wee Herman has died.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1714 on: July 31, 2023, 03:21:12 PM »

"There are only two tragedies in life: either we get what we deserve, or we do not."

---Oscar Wilde

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1715 on: August 01, 2023, 12:13:42 PM »

Looks like I'll be having my attestation on the 19th of September. I never thought that was something I'd have to do twice.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1716 on: August 02, 2023, 04:54:41 PM »

It doesn't matter how masterful a shot is, how deep the subtext is in a movie. If the film is dull, then it is dull.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1717 on: August 02, 2023, 06:09:05 PM »

It doesn't matter how masterful a shot is, how deep the subtext is in a movie. If the film is dull, then it is dull.
This is me with Tool. No matter how much someone goes on and on about them I just canNOT get into them.

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1718 on: August 02, 2023, 08:28:37 PM »

Sort of a paradox, since masterful shots and deep subtexts are interesting.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1719 on: August 03, 2023, 04:25:29 PM »

Sort of a paradox, since masterful shots and deep subtexts are interesting.

I studied filmmaking from a critical point of view and at the end of 2 years of study came to the conclusion that you could talk as deeply as you wanted about a film, discuss context, subcontext, background subliminal music, accidental and deliberate meanings and so forth and yet all it still boiled down to was "Did you enjoy the movie?" To me, everything else is just window dressing. I came to much the same conclusion about books, mostly because of a single remark by a man called Robin Jenkins who wrote a story called The Cone Gatherers. For various reasons that book became incredibly influential in my life although unless you know what he said about it, you'd never be able to work out why. Anyway, if you find the other stuff makes or breaks a film for you, then more power to you.

In fact thinking about it, I'd say this one off-hand comment was the single most influential comment anyone ever made to me, but that is another story.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1720 on: August 03, 2023, 09:31:20 PM »

For some strange reason, cats are the only domesticated mammal never mentioned in the Bible.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1721 on: August 04, 2023, 02:35:10 AM »

Trump got indicted again. For trying to overturn the 2020 election. This is the BIG one.
Gives me hope that there may be some justice in this f**king country for once.
If he even gets 5 years, I'm sure he will die in prison. I have not truely hated anyone in the public employ beyond this evil cocksucker.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 02:46:44 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1722 on: August 04, 2023, 06:08:04 AM »

And there's still the Georgia case to go! Right now he's facing indictments on nearly 80 criminal charges.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1723 on: August 04, 2023, 08:32:09 AM »

Trump got indicted again. For trying to overturn the 2020 election. This is the BIG one.
Gives me hope that there may be some justice in this f**king country for once.
If he even gets 5 years, I'm sure he will die in prison. I have not truely hated anyone in the public employ beyond this evil cocksucker.

This case isn't good. Trump's actions were totally reprehensible, but I don't think he had criminal intent, and I really don't think they can prove it. Lying is generally not criminal.

The Georgia case is stronger but still iffy.

Now the documents case, on the other hand, is a slam dunk. There is no doubt he's guilty, he's on tape, and he has no defense. Doesn't mean they can convince a jury, but I have by far the best feeling about that one. In a legal sense.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1724 on: August 06, 2023, 05:09:27 AM »

Apparently, the passwords I use would take an average of 6,100 years to hack with the currently available level of computer technology.

This might be useful if companies didn't keep getting hacked and getting passwords stolen.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 148
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.