Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:05:15 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 148
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 235367 times)
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1800 on: September 09, 2023, 12:12:25 AM »

i think it's because it DOES have patterns. my old guy has a bald spot right where his soft spot would have been as a baby, and his front/side hairline has receded to " dracula widows peak" status. BUT. the rest of his head, his hair spouts like , alfalfa fast, and it's a gorgeous sterling silver, so he keeps it high and tight, but not bald.
   his dad, on the other hand, went bald early, from the front to the back, by age 50, it was gone. he wore the sides high and tight too, until it was completely gone. his bro still has a full head of dark brown hair, it's very weird, they're only 2 years apart.

don't EVEN...EVER!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1801 on: September 09, 2023, 08:30:30 AM »

Why is it called "male pattern baldness" and not just "baldness" (or even better, "cue ball head")?

It's more of the blatant sexism men have always had to deal with.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1802 on: September 09, 2023, 08:35:46 AM »

Why is it called "male pattern baldness" and not just "baldness" (or even better, "cue ball head")?

I went bald [or bles as they say here] at an early age as I had to wear hats at school all the time.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1803 on: September 09, 2023, 08:44:22 AM »

You ARE being sarcastic, I assume.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1804 on: September 09, 2023, 08:48:22 AM »

You ARE being sarcastic, I assume.

Gasp! Whimsical, RC,  not sarcastic.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1805 on: September 09, 2023, 01:52:01 PM »

Well, since Indy brought up the fact I've had the honor of calling him my very dear friend, my gallowglass in the old Irish, since I was in college, I might as well add something else to the truth-telling and show what a good person I know him to be (something I think everyone on this site already knows about him).

Since 2010 he's been registered with my former employer, a branch of the federal government, as my spiritual advisor, a confidential counselor we are allowed and even encouraged to have in what was often a high-stress job.

In 2010 even my short-term survival was in question, I was afraid, it was a very hard time in my life, and when I reached out to him he was there for me, always, and being able to trust him and talk about the things I talked to him about in confidence, some pretty incredible  things, he being the pastor of a church at the time, it made a difference in my life I can't begin to describe. It was a horrible, scary time and he didn't let me down.

The gratitude I will always feel towards him is not something that will ever go away, and a friendship like that isn't something I would set aside for any reason. It's funny how a relationship I consider so deep is one some others here thought would be broken over their negative posts about me.

It's funny, too, a time or two I've been called out in here for dishonesty over things I've related that in many cases Indy actually was there to live through with me. He knows the job I did, the toll it took and takes, yet he stands by me anyway. Do you have anyone like that or know how rare that is in life?

I guess I'm saying this to let it be known that a friendship like that with someone to whom I owe so much, who is literally in my employee next of kin file alongside my family, that's somebody I look out for. So whatever your feelings for me, be nice to him. It's a really good idea. Probably better than you'd believe it is.

Shrug, all is forgiven and forgotten to this point. There's not one of you I'd wish ill on today. Clean slate. Fresh start. Once again I won't be the first to break the peace, though I expect it will be broken, but when you do break it, make it be with me, not someone I look out for almost like he's family. And heck, there's literally nothing  I wouldn't do for family. Literally nothing. :-)

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1806 on: September 09, 2023, 02:23:18 PM »

I ate some jalapeno poppers I got from the deli today.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1807 on: September 09, 2023, 02:24:00 PM »

And cole slaw!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1808 on: September 10, 2023, 08:58:07 PM »

Night, everyone. May there be peace in the valley!

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1809 on: September 11, 2023, 01:32:55 AM »

I had a dream the other night that I went to California and got involved in a dodgy cult. For some reason, I really enjoyed it.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1810 on: September 11, 2023, 07:00:24 PM »

So glad that I got a tablet for cooking/baking stuff.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1811 on: September 12, 2023, 11:45:35 AM »

My cousin's daughter is going out with a UPS driver and he said the other day a package thief stole someone's Cologuard sample off his porch. Bet that thief got a shock.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1812 on: September 12, 2023, 08:32:22 PM »

I miss Jim, my wife Tara Sue's son. He died a couple years back. He was 31.
We used to watch all sortsa bad movie together. He was a master of guitar thrash, but Iraq f**ked him up. He died of a stroke.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1813 on: September 13, 2023, 06:55:17 AM »

Four score and seven years ago (that means a week, right?) I ordered an illuminated desktop moon that displays all the lunar cycles either in real time or once an hour, and it's finally coming today.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1814 on: September 15, 2023, 07:59:24 AM »

My handwriting is so bad I can't even read it. I wrote down "mobilization" and when I looked at it later I thought I had written "zombieflation."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 148
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.