Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:30:12 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 148
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 235217 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1830 on: September 28, 2023, 04:46:29 PM »

^ Oh, s**t! Biden's got a time machine???

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1831 on: September 28, 2023, 11:05:54 PM »

He's going to go back in time and stop that meteor from killing off the dinosaurs! Twirling

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1832 on: September 29, 2023, 07:29:44 AM »

He's going to go back in time and stop that meteor from killing off the dinosaurs! Twirling
Because he knew them personally!

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1833 on: September 30, 2023, 08:10:05 AM »

Damn, damn, and triple damn. I just found out my favorite person at the food pantry where I volunteer suddenly passed away yesterday. She was so cool. Snappy, irreverent, feisty, and almost eighty.

To give you an idea how great she was, after she retired from decades at the phone company, she took a part-time job doing tele-surveys for a market research company, and she said sometimes people would sass her on those, and one man she called told her he'd do her survey if she described her underwear to him.

So she said, "OK, it's white."

He said, "Go on."

"It's white and it's cotton."

"I'm gonna need more than that."

She said, "Listen, honey, I'm wearing white cotton granny panties, I weigh 160 pounds, and I'm almost seventy years old. If any of that turns you on, I think we should meet for a date!"

I loved her.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1834 on: September 30, 2023, 11:25:27 AM »

Because he knew them personally!
You know damn well those T-rexes owe him $20  TongueOut

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1835 on: October 01, 2023, 08:55:39 AM »

It was slow in here yesterday. Did everyone suddenly get a life?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1836 on: October 01, 2023, 01:13:42 PM »

^ I was in the hospital. My high blood pressure medicine gave me high potassium.  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1837 on: October 01, 2023, 02:23:01 PM »

^ I was in the hospital. My high blood pressure medicine gave me high potassium.  Lookingup

Sorry to hear that, Ronnie! You need to take better care of yourself.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1838 on: October 02, 2023, 12:44:03 AM »

If Christians have an obligation to Israel, does Israel have an obligation to Christians? or is it just a one way obligation
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1839 on: October 02, 2023, 09:43:40 AM »

I been thinking about a paradox, if paradox it is, concerning the conduct in one matter of atheists versus Christians. Since Christians believe this life holds less value than the life to come, and most non-Buddhist atheists I know think this life is all there is, you'd think atheists would be doing all they can to ease the suffering of others in this fleeting existence, and doubtless some are, but I notice it's Christians, despite thinking this life is not the most important consideration, who run the food banks and thrift stores and who seem the first to give to others.

I wonder why that is?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1840 on: October 02, 2023, 10:24:20 AM »

I been thinking about a paradox, if paradox it is, concerning the conduct in one matter of atheists versus Christians. Since Christians believe this life holds less value than the life to come, and most non-Buddhist atheists I know think this life is all there is, you'd think atheists would be doing all they can to ease the suffering of others in this fleeting existence, and doubtless some are, but I notice it's Christians, despite thinking this life is not the most important consideration, who run the food banks and thrift stores and who seem the first to give to others.

I wonder why that is?

One thought: largely unrelated to belief in the afterlife, Christians feel the need to spread the faith. Charity is a way of advertising to win converts.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1841 on: October 02, 2023, 11:28:36 AM »

I wonder why that is?

One thought: largely unrelated to belief in the afterlife, Christians feel the need to spread the faith. Charity is a way of advertising to win converts.

Yeah, that could be.

Just think if everyone able to do so spent even one hour per month helping other people. We'd have a much better world.

PS: I cited Christians, but I know of at least two area mosques who also have free meal programs every week, and the area synagogues have combined into a charity organization that does a lot of good works, so I could have said "religious organizations."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 11:38:54 AM by ER » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1842 on: October 02, 2023, 09:13:31 PM »

Most jokes about sharks make sharks out to be stupid, but sharks can grow brand new teeth. Can the people telling the shark jokes grow brand new teeth? No, I don't think so. Maybe mutants but not most of us. So unless you're a tooth generating mutant, enough with the jokes about sharks being stupid.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1843 on: October 02, 2023, 09:56:06 PM »

I wonder why that is?

Yeah, that could be.

Just think if everyone able to do so spent even one hour per month helping other people. We'd have a much better world.

PS: I cited Christians, but I know of at least two area mosques who also have free meal programs every week, and the area synagogues have combined into a charity organization that does a lot of good works, so I could have said "religious organizations."
Is there no volunteer work in your area, like food banks or shelters? Question

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1844 on: October 02, 2023, 10:26:10 PM »

During the pandemic a charity that Kristi was involved with took on extra roles and ended up supplying two cooked meals a week to roughly 10% of the town. When the local churches were asked to help out, they initially declined saying that there was no poverty in  Lossiemouth. Later on they'd change their minds and provide facilities to help out.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 148
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.