Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:47:26 PM
714501 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 148
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 235619 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1935 on: October 28, 2023, 09:18:33 AM »

^ I recall running speaker wire from the back of an old B+W to get uhf channels, or a coat hanger.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 06:08:50 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1936 on: October 28, 2023, 07:25:52 PM »

I do believe that I enjoy cooking more than baking. Baking seems more like a hassle to do than with cooking.

yeah no.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1937 on: October 28, 2023, 07:33:08 PM »

I do believe that I enjoy cooking more than baking. Baking seems more like a hassle to do than with cooking.

I gave up both years ago, & now I just eat raw hot dogs...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Paquita

« Reply #1938 on: October 29, 2023, 07:01:57 PM »

Coooooooool!

My husband recently bought a worse for wear 180-year-old house (at least 180 years old) in a nearby state so he can restore it and sell it, and my daughter and I and a few others are going there Halloween evening into the early night to see if we encounter ghosts.

We have EMF readers (well, ok digital recorders), some fairly effective heat detectors, digital cameras, and of course, our own fine-tuned senses.  Smile  

Oh, and at least six people have died in the house, maybe more, it has an old well with a stone lip around it, there's no electricity on-site (because of copper thieves likely to be none for a while), and there are the foundations of several outbuildings on the property, one of which was almost certainly an Antebellum slave cabin.

Also, since it is above the river on a bluff and when the garden gets plowed stone artifacts such as spear points have turned up there, it might even be said to be on the grounds of---wait for it---"an aNciEnT INdIanN buUiaL grOuNd." I mean who knows?

And in la piece de resistance, in the natural stone basement/cellar, there is a bunch of old '80s looking heavy metal stuff with upside down crosses and pentagrams painted on the walls along with 666 and some lurid sentiments about....well, "stuff."

Man, this place. Should be fun!

I'll let you guys know on All Saints' Day how it went.

That sounds so fun! If you don't find anything, I think it's only fair that you summon something so the future owners aren't disappointed.

BTW tell me when it's for sale :).

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #1939 on: October 29, 2023, 09:27:52 PM »

i'm with you all the way, but then, i'm a terrible baker.  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1940 on: October 30, 2023, 09:45:48 AM »

As a chef of my acquaintance told me years ago, "Cooking is art; baking is rocket science."

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1941 on: October 30, 2023, 11:35:53 AM »

It was only about 5 years ago that I discovered that people made a distinction between cooking and baking. I never did, and I guess I still don't. Is making a meatloaf in the oven cooking or baking?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1942 on: October 30, 2023, 06:18:03 PM »

It was only about 5 years ago that I discovered that people made a distinction between cooking and baking. I never did, and I guess I still don't. Is making a meatloaf in the oven cooking or baking?
I'd say it's cooking. Baking, to me, is more akin to pastry/sweets than meat/dinner. Quiche is I would say is both baking and cooking.

yeah no.
Paquita

« Reply #1943 on: October 30, 2023, 06:36:04 PM »

I'd say it's cooking. Baking, to me, is more akin to pastry/sweets than meat/dinner. Quiche is I would say is both baking and cooking.

I thought baking was oven work and cooking was stovetop/grill work? I'm a better baker if baking is considered preparing raw ingredients from a recipe and throwing it in the oven until its done. It seems way easier to me than cooking.  Plus there's time to clean up while it's baking.

Cooking to me is that thing you do with food that requires close contact with heat while constantly watching, stirring, adjusting and hovering over it until its done. Then no one cleans anything for hours because it's all too hot.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1944 on: October 30, 2023, 10:32:02 PM »

My freaking knee really hurt today.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1945 on: October 30, 2023, 11:22:04 PM »

My freaking knee really hurt today.

Stub your toe REAL HARD, and you'll barely notice. That's one to grow on!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1946 on: October 31, 2023, 02:48:13 PM »

If my rough estimation is correct, Michael Myers would be a pensioner by now.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1947 on: October 31, 2023, 04:00:42 PM »

I am getting a free upgrade to an IPhone 15 for a strange reason. My nephew sells phones, and if he sells one more this month he gets a huge bonus--more than the cost of a new phone. So he offered to buy me one so he could qualify for the bonus and reimburse me for the entire cost of the phone himself. Pretty cool.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1948 on: November 03, 2023, 09:14:34 AM »

I am thinking about getting some black and white tattoos done on my upper back.

When someone is upset I can let them colour them in.

Everyone needs a shoulder to crayon now and again.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1949 on: November 03, 2023, 09:23:49 AM »

I am thinking about getting some black and white tattoos done on my upper back.

When someone is upset I can let them colour them in.

Everyone needs a shoulder to crayon now and again.

Wrong thread: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,129011.0.html  BounceGiggle

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 148
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.