Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:33:59 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 148
Author Topic: Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking  (Read 235571 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1965 on: November 10, 2023, 03:08:44 PM »

Happy birthday, USMC.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1966 on: November 11, 2023, 10:46:50 AM »

"...so Reid's parents were coming up from Ohio, due in twenty minutes, I'd never met them, wanted to make a good first impression, so I said to Reid, hey, let's not go out and eat, have them here, I'll make dinner. It'll be nice. He said sure, okay, see you then. I was cooking, the kitchen was hot, I was about to make Hollandaise and didn't want it to splatter on my blouse, so I took it off, laid it on the chair, went back to making the sauce, which I wanted to get just right, and was so intent I guess I didn't hear noises from the outer room, because next thing I knew I looked up while standing there in my bra, and there was Reid with his parents, Sol and Rosemarie, in the kitchen doorway all kind of staring at me..."

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1967 on: November 11, 2023, 11:43:08 AM »

Anyone who had their first dance after getting married to the song "You're Gorgeous" by Babybird should get a divorce. Immediately. Or at least carefully listen to the lyrics.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1968 on: November 11, 2023, 12:06:50 PM »

Out of the 150 people who joined the airforce on the same day I did, I only know of one person who is still in.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1969 on: November 13, 2023, 01:00:26 AM »

I can check another item off my list of things I always swore I'd never do.

I punched my fifteen year old in the arm this morning, oh, not hard enough to hurt her, I wasn't mad so much as fed up and out of carrots and sticks regarding one matter, but I made a point.

We were driving along and every Sunday for the past few weeks she's gotten a kick out of deviling me by saying something that's completely none of her business to say, inappropriate for a daughter to say at all to her mom, deliberately emotionally provocative, a little mean, and something I have time and again expressed my displeasure at her saying about me, have told her it's not true,  have asked her to quit saying no matter how juicy and amusing she finds the topic, have told her repeatedly to stop, but she wouldn't, and so today she got her kick by annoying me about it once too often, so I spontaneously said, "Daisy, if you say that again, I'm going to punch you."

She thought I was kidding and immediately said it again, so I hit her on the arm. No bruise, tiniest red mark, just made a point. Bam, quick little jab.

Her mouth fell open though and then she closed it and looked straight ahead, shocked, mad, looking like for a second she was going to cry but she got a handle on herself and full of outrage said, "You've never in your life ever hit me in any way before or hit any of if us. You said parents should never hit kids."

I said, "That wasn't me hitting you as a parent, that was one person hitting another when the other person had it coming."

She said, "Oh. Well. Fine. I guess you can justify yourself that way."

Then she laughed and called me a jerk and said I hit like a baby, ha.

I said, "Well I wasn't TRYING to hurt you, jeez, some credit on my punching skills, please."

So, yeah, basically at worst I embarrassed her but I somehow don't think she's going to bring up that insultingly accusatory subject she thought it was so funny to torment me with after I so often told her to stop, stop, stop, and stop.

And I think she got huge pleasure out of telling her dad I'd thunked her one in the arm and basking in his outraged sympathy, lol.

"You smacked her in the arm, El? My God, you're worse than the b***h who wanted to skin the 101Dalmations...."

She didn't stay upset with me anyway and we went and did Thanksgiving boxes for the poor folks before going over to her grandma's.

Never thought I'd ever hit one of my kids though, even halfassedly and out of desperation to make a point that she was habitually way out of line saying this one thing she kept entertaining herself by accusing her mother of though.

Parenthood is like one long journey of casting off your idealistic self-illusions.

And turning evil, too, apparently.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1970 on: November 13, 2023, 06:57:12 AM »

I just found out that four of the film titles in my list have the letters POO in them  Buggedout Wink

Hippo Pool
Die Spook Van Donkergat
Pens & Pootjies
Spoor / Guns Across The Veld

Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1971 on: November 13, 2023, 01:30:37 PM »

Gary Numan and Gary Oldman are more or less the same age.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1972 on: November 13, 2023, 10:11:44 PM »

"Rough afternoon today. Stopped being able to feel my fingertips for a while but didn't tell anyone this time because I'm sick of doctors and am increasingly like ...shagata ganai. Lasted a couple hours and gradually faded back to normal so I got lucky and it worked out this time (THIS time) keeping it to myself, but it it's still disconcerting no matter how many times it's happened. After it was over I ran three miles on the treadmill, stopped and walked a distance outside and thought, sure, that I can do, yet I live under the gun of these recurring neurological episodes that take a little more of my spirit every time. I don't look my age, feel my age, act my age, I can play back to back three set matches on court but I know there's this time bomb counting away in me at random. Maybe nothing will happen today, or this week, or for most of a month, maybe the next episode won't be a bad one, but eventually another spell will come. Maybe I'll outlive this and die at ninety, maybe the next time will be the one that short circuits my brain. It's such a nerve pinging downer, honestly. Wrong place, wrong time, easy to feel anger about that, the job just keeps on giving."

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1973 on: November 13, 2023, 10:43:51 PM »

"Rough afternoon today. Stopped being able to feel my fingertips for a while but didn't tell anyone this time because I'm sick of doctors and am increasingly like ...shagata ganai. Lasted a couple hours and gradually faded back to normal so I got lucky and it worked out this time (THIS time) keeping it to myself, but it it's still disconcerting no matter how many times it's happened. After it was over I ran three miles on the treadmill, stopped and walked a distance outside and thought, sure, that I can do, yet I live under the gun of these recurring neurological episodes that take a little more of my spirit every time. I don't look my age, feel my age, act my age, I can play back to back three set matches on court but I know there's this time bomb counting away in me at random. Maybe nothing will happen today, or this week, or for most of a month, maybe the next episode won't be a bad one, but eventually another spell will come. Maybe I'll outlive this and die at ninety, maybe the next time will be the one that short circuits my brain. It's such a nerve pinging downer, honestly. Wrong place, wrong time, easy to feel anger about that, the job just keeps on giving."
[/quotD]

Damn, I'm sorry.  I know how stressful these episodes are.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1974 on: November 14, 2023, 02:18:48 PM »

Kathryn Bigelow is a way better director than her ex-husband.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1975 on: November 15, 2023, 05:57:51 PM »

I wonder how one walks off a cramp in zero gravity.....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #1976 on: November 16, 2023, 09:42:32 AM »

Never go from consuming no added sugar in your diet to drinking a 24 oz energy drink with 81g of sugar. Unless you really like headaches and feeling nearly drunk.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1977 on: November 16, 2023, 10:22:20 AM »

I actually did some laundry today.  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #1978 on: November 18, 2023, 11:39:20 AM »

I actually did some laundry today.  Cheers

If you put your underpants in there, does that mean all your white items are now brown?  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1979 on: November 18, 2023, 11:34:02 PM »

Clearly Joey is Michelle's real dad. It's been staring us in the face for thirty years.

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 148
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.