Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:51:42 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Vault of Horror (10 DVD movies for $17.99) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vault of Horror (10 DVD movies for $17.99)  (Read 1692 times)
MBrando
« on: June 09, 2002, 04:42:01 PM »

Here's a little deal for you. Best Buy and Suncoast video have a new item on t he shelves called Vault of Horror by Brentwood Home Video that contains 5 DVD disk with 2 movies on each disk all in a nice case for $17.99 at Best Buy and $19.99 at Suncoast. Here are the titles:

Scream of the Wolf
Wolf Man
Moon of the Wolf
Snowbeast
Silent Night, Bloody Night
Don't Look in the Basement
Jack the Ripper
Satanic Rites of Dracula
House on Haunted Hill
Night of the Living Dead
jmc
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2002, 06:27:08 PM »

I've been thinking about getting that, but now that I've decided to buy it I can't find it anywhere!
MBrando
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2002, 08:13:34 PM »

I checked out the quality of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL. and the images are just a little faded. Not bad just not as good as they could be, so if your buying them just for your library then they are very good, but if you love these films and must have the best transfer possible then look somewhere else.

The quality is good enough for me on the two listed above, but I think it could be a little better. I'll check out the rest later.
MBrando
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2002, 10:52:34 PM »

SCREAM OF THE WOLF - Its a 70's TV movie starring Peter Graves. Its actually a good little movie. More of a who did it murder mystery with a werewolf idea as a backdrop. I actually had to use my imagination in this film, but again I really did enjoy it. 78 minutes long. The concept is kinda like the old film BLOODLUST, but not as visual. I actually watched the whole thing.

WOLFMAN - This is like The Adams Family without much humor or creepiness. Comical an strange at times, but not worthy of calling itself a "film". Had to use screen select to get through it. You have to see this wolfman though it is kind of a riot. The shots of the house from the outside are aslo kinda neat. I don't even think TV would have picked up this film. Its closer to a nickolodeon stage set only with the use of blood.

MOON OF THE WOLF - I might finish this one later. It looks like it might have also been a 70's TV movie, but I'm not sure. Using the screen select I caught a glimpse of the werewolf and its worse than the werewolf in WOLFMAN.

Well, thats all for tonight stay tuned for my look at the remaining "films".

SNOWBEAST
SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT
DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT
JACK THE RIPPER
SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA

I had seen NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL so I only checked them for the quality, but note that the three 70's films reviewed above are good quality and in living color.........................
mmv3000
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2002, 01:30:40 AM »

heh..you paid $18 for it? lol, thanks to my Sam's Club card, I picked it up, tax free, for $10

So if you have a Sams card, go there to get it.
Nathan
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2002, 10:19:24 AM »

Wow -- they dropped it five bucks since I picked it up at Sam's.

Nathan
MBrando
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2002, 10:36:00 AM »

Phew.................. man mmv3000 I'm feelin bad now. What a bummer. How much without a Sams card?

$10 dollars now thats a great deal ! ! !  Which one is your favorite besides Night of the Living Dead and House on Haunted Hill?

What do you think of the quality mmv3000?
Richard
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2002, 04:37:07 PM »

I've been thinking about picking up this "Vault Of Horror" DVD Set, I already own some of the films, but I would like to own the other films as well.

How does "The Satanic Rites Of Dracula" look, is it widescreen, and does it look as good as the budget Platinum DVD? Is the film the complete Rated R version of the film?

Also, how is the transfer on "Don't Look In The Basement", is it the same as the Diamond DVD?
MBrando
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2002, 11:08:28 PM »

Satanic Rites of Dracula(a.k.a. Count Dracula and His Vampire Brides) is a good copy and it is an R-Rated version. This is one of the best films of the 10 films.

So, far the only bad transfer might be House on Haunted Hill. I will be looking at Don't Look in the Basement and Silent Night, Bloody Night tommorow. I'll let you know Richard.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Vault of Horror (10 DVD movies for $17.99) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.