Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:21:08 PM
714411 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Oh, boy! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Oh, boy!  (Read 12026 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2021, 02:28:47 PM »

^Indeed, they said it about the last guy, among other things.^
They wrote it all over the city's landmarks in last summer's riots, then got mad at anybody that tried to wash it off, calling it "our language", even calling it "Art" of all things..........

Yes, the crowd was stealing from Brandon Brown's moment, and Kelli Stavast's attempt to distract from it was corny....

What I was trying to address is just how dense bideen appears when he's off prompter.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2021, 02:31:18 PM »

Just curious, has anyone else but Lil Cerb and Sprite ever heard of "let's go Brandon?" I never heard of it and I thought I was pretty well read.

I did have to google it to find out what was being talked about.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2021, 02:33:46 PM »

^Indeed, they said it about the last guy, among other things.^
They wrote it all over the city's landmarks in last summer's riots, then got mad at anybody that tried to wash it off, calling it "our language", even calling it "Art" of all things..........

Yes, the crowd was stealing from Brandon Brown's moment, and Kelli Stavast's attempt to distract from it was corny....

What I was trying to address is just how dense bideen appears when he's off prompter.

Don't worry about it. The last guy they had in that job was dense whether he was on or off prompter, so you have an improvement.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2021, 03:03:28 PM »

^When Biden's ON prompter, he sounds way more crass & uncouth than Trump ever could!^

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2021, 03:32:05 PM »

Let me know if/when he makes a comment more crass and uncouth than the one about grabbing women by the p***y. I figure that would take some beating (that wasn't on a prompter admittedly, but still).

LilCerberus

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2021, 03:45:44 PM »

^At least Trump could keep his hands off little girls in public.^

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2021, 03:55:14 PM »

Having known a woman who worked for him (trump) I'd have to say doing it in private isn't any better.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 04:01:43 PM by Alex » Logged

LilCerberus

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2021, 04:08:58 PM »

-And if biden likes to get handsy in public, I doubt he's any better in private.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2021, 04:11:37 PM »

Maybe so. I don't care for either man. However, I knew trump was one of humanities more loathsome and detestable wastes of skin long before he became a politician. Whatever biden may or may not be, does not excuse trump.

LilCerberus

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2021, 04:19:16 PM »

Then why did you bring trump into this conversation?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2021, 04:25:11 PM »

I wanted to see if you'd figure out that the guy you decry is no worse than the guy you support.

LilCerberus

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2021, 04:45:25 PM »

Well, for a start, he inherited a fairly decent economy & flushed it down the toilet....
Most of his addresses are strictly solo.... If he he gets asked a question in public, his "handlers" have to intervene & make sure he doesn't say anything, in one case calling to him like he was a lost dog, and the look on his face said so.

He's been foreign policy has been dismal and weak, and when that started to show, he decided to "get tough" on the American people.

As I said earlier, the man does not inspire confidence.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2021, 05:40:38 PM »

US foreign policy has not looked anything but weak for several decades now. I can't decide if trump's surrender to the taliban was worse than biden pulling out without consulting any of the allies the US had pulled into the war in Afghanistan or not. Certainly since (and including) the days of George W, internationally the US has been increasingly viewed as a paper tiger. Most allied countries are remaining allies, but are making more alliances with countries outside the US, indicating a decreased perception of it is a reliable country to partner with, and a need to seek out other partners), but one that is still valuable to remain on the same side, (at least for the forseeable future) as although some previously pro-Western states have started slipping more and more into China's influence. This has been happening for quite some time, it has just been a process that has accelerated greatly recently (especially under trump. I haven't watched international affairs enough in the last year or so to notice if this has changed any under biden. I did hear he had called China out in fairly hard terms over Taiwan (certainly a much harder line than trump who only ever threatened trade wars), but saying he was unlikely to send in troops in should Russia invade the Ukraine, but would engage in sanctions against Russia. I'd have to look more into how much trade takes place between the US and the Russian Federation to see how big a threat that is. Then again, this is also a stronger response than trump ever had to putin). You've been falling behind China in trade with much of the developing world, especially in those countries that have access to certain rare (or soon to be rare) resources.

Economywise, I've always felt that economic growth based purely on increasing borrowing is fake growth that will only last until the next crash and I am a lot less impressed with the US economy pre biden than you, but that all depends on what factors you measure the economy against. GDP wise, the US did better than some countries, but worse than others in recovering from the pandemic (despite trumps claims otherwise). Prior to the pandemic the US was showing annual economic growth around two and a half percent, but that is roughly equal to what it was doing under Obama. Trump did see a large increase in the Dow Jones, but the crash pretty much wiped his gains out (although it has recovered under biden), unemployment was pretty low before the pandemic, then shot up (not unexpected). It is falling but has a way to go before getting to pre-pandemic levels. Again, if we go back to Obama, the number of people in employment had increased by more than trump managed under similar time frames, poverty rates were down under trump. Over all comparing the state of the play with the last 3 presidents is difficult economically due to the pandemic, but it does seem by most markers, they are more or less equal in the financial stakes. That isn't to say that individual people aren't better or worse off, but overall from all the available information I've been able to scan over then past half hour (not exactly enough time for an indepth anaylsis, but then again this is a bad movie site, not the deepest corners of Mensa.org). I'd have to say it was a no score draw for both sides. I could get into a very long debate on the merits of trump attempts at moving the country back from a tertiary to a secondary economy.

Trump pulling out of various international deals the US had signed up for also made you look very weak and unreliable, as well as increasing the decline of US influence in areas that will be critical should the US and China ever engage in a hot war. Biden has been able to salvage some of that in some areas, but at a cost of influence and a diplomatic spat with France. You'd have to decide for yourself how important that is for yourself though.

Can't say I've watched any of biden's speaches, so I can't comment on his reactions or body language. I know trump frequently seemed lost on the podium, his speaches descending into wandering, rambling rants, so if what you say is true, it sounds like again both parties are more or less equal there.

LilCerberus

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2021, 05:58:37 PM »

If you're saying you haven't been subjected to any of biden's speeches, then you can't possibly comprehend the state of dread he instills in those who listen.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2021, 09:13:31 PM »

I think you are confusing YOUR reaction with the entire country's.

A not uncommon error these days.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Oh, boy! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.