Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:35:25 PM
714456 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Spencer (2021): thank you Rev! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spencer (2021): thank you Rev!  (Read 1192 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: January 29, 2022, 09:53:06 AM »

I just watched this because Rev said I should as I would like it.

Answer: yes, I did like it.

The Princess - someone who I looked up to as a teen especially in her work helping those less fortunate than herself and others - was an example to me in my formative years and I am a blood donor and an organ donor because of her.

I remember crying when I heard that she had died and the circumstances of her passing - like the horrors of my birthday on September 11 2001 - still leave too many questions unanswered.

The Queen is one of the coldest human beings I have ever witnessed: when the Princess died, she stayed silent for five days and only spoke up under huge public pressure: in fact, the Princess' former employer said she heard someone at Diana's funeral say "I hope the old b**** drops dead tomorrow." Taking five days to speak publicly about the death of your ex daughter in law and the mother of your grandchildren isn't just cold: that is Antarctic cold.

The film depicts Diana as she was by all accounts, a complex, flawed but genuinely good person - most of us qualify for that, especially me and Kristen Stewart's performance is magical and more than a little spooky when you see how much she resembles Diana: the rest of the cast playing the Royal Family play them as they should: a bunch of entitled, pampered morons.

Like with the ending of Ghostbusters: AfterLife, I got a little teary-eyed when Diana leaves with her sons, finds a note in her car saying "It's not just me who loves you" from her dresser Maggie and the three of them leave the castle to the tune of All I Need Is A Miracle by Mike and The Mechanics.

SPOILER ALERT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugUVRDTdoLc

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 10:40:55 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 11:44:04 AM »

I'm glad you liked it! I voted for Kristen Stewart for "Best Actress" and for "Best Soundtrack" and "Best Costuming" in the Online Film Critics Society awards, but unfortunately it didn't win anything.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 06:47:43 AM »

I'm glad you liked it! I voted for Kristen Stewart for "Best Actress" and for "Best Soundtrack" and "Best Costuming" in the Online Film Critics Society awards, but unfortunately it didn't win anything.

I'm sure Kristen will get nominated for an Oscar and hopefully win it.  Smile

I realized something last night: in the film, Diana's dresser / lady in waiting is named Maggie. Not too odd but my special sister's name is Maggi (minus the e) and she was never a Diana fan. But she told me that she felt incredibly sad when Diana died as she "felt she'd lost someone she knew".
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 06:50:00 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Spencer (2021): thank you Rev! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.