Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:12:09 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  SPIDERMAN: NO WAY HOME « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SPIDERMAN: NO WAY HOME  (Read 2063 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: February 16, 2022, 09:05:06 AM »

It's already one of the top-grossing movies of all-time, I'm surprised there's not already a topic on it.

Spiderman's identity is compromised from the last movie and everyone is making life hell for Peter Parker, so he goes to Dr. Strange to commission a spell to make people forget about Peter Parker, but it goes wrong and opens a rift in the multiverse that allows villains from other franchises (er, alternate universes) to come through a portal and wreak havoc.

Disclaimer: I have not seen any Spiderman movies other than the Tom Holland ones, which are entertaining enough.

Did you know there was a Spiderman between Tobey Maguire and Tom Holland? I didn't. (I also didn't realize until just now that Tobey Maguire and Elijah Wood are different people, though it's obvious in retrospect.)

I predict most people here are going to like this much more than I did. I found it way too long, the plot was nonsensical in parts, and I've been suffering from Marvel fatigue for a long time now and I don't like superhero movies with intertextual references and too many competing heroes and villains. But I do have to grudgingly admire it as an epic example of IP management.

Anyway, 3/5 from me and as I say, I predict younger, less grumpy people will like it a lot.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 11:08:22 PM »

Big Spidey fan here, and I loved seeing all three of them together on the screen at one time!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 03:31:46 AM »

Did you know there was a Spiderman between Tobey Maguire and Tom Holland? I didn't. (I also didn't realize until just now that Tobey Maguire and Elijah Wood are different people, though it's obvious in retrospect.)
I pred

It's breaking news for me too!

But I haven't read a new comic since about 1979! I read and collect lotsa old ones!

And I have no clue who young movie stars are. Because I'm old! I know more about old silent film actors than I do about new actors
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 04:54:03 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 12:24:11 PM »

I love it. 

(and don't feel bad about the Spider-man movies between Toby and Tom.  They really weren't that great.)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 01:35:41 PM »

I love it. 

(and don't feel bad about the Spider-man movies between Toby and Tom.  They really weren't that great.)

As I recall I walked out of the cinema after seeing the first one and thought "Well, maybe not The Amazing Spiderman, more the Ok-ish Spiderman".

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 04:16:43 PM »

I didn't *hate* the Andrew Garfield Spidey films, they were just ok.

Loved this film. Willem Dafoe is fantastic.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 08:22:53 PM »

Rev, while I liked it more than you I think your criticisms are quite correct.  Some of the plot barely makes sense, it's overstuffed, and the other two leads that come in late in the film don't really fit in that great, even though the performances are still good.  I was still entertained though, basically. 

On a side note, it's worth comparing it to Into the Spiderverse, which has a couple of similar hooks in its writing (including multiple versions of one character) but handles it significantly better I thought.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 10:28:59 PM »

Rev, while I liked it more than you I think your criticisms are quite correct.  Some of the plot barely makes sense, it's overstuffed, and the other two leads that come in late in the film don't really fit in that great, even though the performances are still good.  I was still entertained though, basically. 

On a side note, it's worth comparing it to Into the Spiderverse, which has a couple of similar hooks in its writing (including multiple versions of one character) but handles it significantly better I thought.

Agreed, I enjoyed INTO THE SPIDERVERSE much more. It had the animation layer that made it something new and fresh, whereas this one is just more Marvel.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Cult_Moody_Movies
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2022, 06:42:56 PM »

I overall enjoyed it. For those that have been a fan of Spider-Man on film it is a glowing love letter to all three versions of the film franchise. And also the most entertaining film of the MCU since Infinity War/Endgame. It is a far cry from the best adaption of the character in non-comic book medium (the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series is top tier) but still if you like comic books films or Spider-Man in general it is a worth a watch.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  SPIDERMAN: NO WAY HOME « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.