Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:53:44 AM
714527 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Bruce Willis reportedly battling memory loss « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bruce Willis reportedly battling memory loss  (Read 3738 times)
claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« on: March 12, 2022, 02:03:11 AM »

No official statement yet.

Iconic action movie star Bruce Willis is reportedly battling early-onset memory loss, and is churning out straight-to-video releases to earn as much money as possible while he’s still able to work.

The Die Hard star’s health has been the subject of renewed speculation online in recent weeks, as fans question the 66-year-old’s appearance in dozens of low-budget, critically panned films.

According to IMDB, the former A-lister is starring in no fewer than 11 virtually unknown releases in 2022 – Fortress 3, Paradise City, White Elephant, Wire Room, Corrective Measures, Die Like Lovers, The Wrong Place, Fortress: Sniper’s Eye, Vendetta, A Day to Die and Gasoline Alley.

Popular YouTube channel Half in the Bag discussed the phenomenon in a video last month titled “The Bruce Willis Fake Movie Factory”, which touched on industry rumours that Willis is “fed lines” through an earpiece.

Matt Eskandari, who directed several recent Willis films including Hard Kill, Survive the Night and Trauma Center, chimed into the comments section of the video to address the memory loss rumours.

“I read somewhere that Bruce Willis has dementia, that’s he’s not really aware of what’s going on around him,” one user wrote.

Eskandari replied, “Yes this is true my guy I directed four movies with him so I know first hand. It’s (a) sad situation seeing a legend like Bruce deteriorating right in front of your eyes. I saw it while working with him (the) last few years.”

Replying to another user who said Willis had “fallen from grace” after working with directors like Quentin Tarantino, Brian De Palma and Wes Anderson, Eskandari wrote bluntly, “He has dementia.”

They said while he had not been formally diagnosed with early-onset dementia, “he’s been waging a personal war for a number of years”.

According to the report, Willis was trying to spend more time with his wife Emma Heming Willis and their young daughters Mabel and Evelyn, as well as making amends with ex-wife Demi Moore and their adult children Rumer, Scout and Tallulah.

“Between Demi and Emma, the family has always ensured Bruce has the support and care he might need at any given time,” the insider said. “It’s sad that people are making fun of him.”

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/bruce-willis-reportedly-battling-memory-loss/news-story/6217b2e8f9fbc11414d861d1d2bc7c85

Is it October yet?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 02:18:53 AM »

Very sad indeed.

I wonder if the Razzies are going to pull that award category now that they know?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 05:01:07 AM »

Just keep in mind this is based on comments the director who made a few films with Bruce Willis posted underneath a youtube video.

Is it October yet?
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 05:13:37 AM »

Just keep in mind this is based on comments the director who made a few films with Bruce Willis posted underneath a youtube video.

Noted: Dad had dementia and passed on about a year after he was diagnosed so I recognize the signs. Bruce Willis seems to be struggling onscreen when I saw one of the films a few months ago, he even has trouble sitting down.  Bluesad

chainsaw midget

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 09:43:08 AM »

Very sad indeed.

I wonder if the Razzies are going to pull that award category now that they know?

It was funny when he was just in a ton of bad movies, but knowing that he has serious health issues takes the fun right out of it.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 09:03:31 PM »

Yeah my uncle's going through it now and had to move up to assisted living.  Trying to move him back to his house after he fell down the basement steps at his home and a hospital stay but it didn't work all that well so they had to put him in assisted living.  He's still fighting it.   

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 02:11:35 AM »

I saw an interview with Nic Cage defending his run of straight to DVD movies. Got to say the man made a lot of good points (he was paying for treatment for his mother as well as dealing with a huge tax bill after spending his fortune).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Chuck Most
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2022, 10:41:04 PM »

Wow. The article didn't even get the name of the channel right. It's Red Letter Media, the show is Half In The Bag. That's some Pulitzer level journalism right there...

Sure, could be true, but maybe Willis seemed aloof because he's in another a crappy straight-to-streaming dumpster fire of a movie. Is he in debt? Did he make some poor financial choices?  Substance abuse? Seems a little extreme going all in on one theory based on one Youtube comment.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2022, 12:32:31 PM »

I've not seen the article myself, but Kristi said his family have officially confirmed today he is suffering from a condition that includes in its effects memory loss and language problems.

EDIT: Found it.

https://pagesix.com/2022/03/30/bruce-willis-diagnosed-with-aphasia-stepping-away-from-acting/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 12:34:52 PM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2022, 01:05:31 PM »

That is very sad indeed: I see he has a loving family around him so that will help.

I wish him well.  Bluesad

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2022, 05:49:20 PM »

The news just said he's suffering from aphasia.  Bluesad Bluesad Bluesad

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Ińárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2022, 06:36:59 PM »

I don't care about most celebrities, but this news made me sad.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2022, 05:04:35 PM »

The Razzies have rescinded his award and apologized, stating "If someone’s medical condition is a factor in their decision making and/or their performance, we acknowledge that it is not appropriate to give them a Razzie."

So that was nice of them. 

Has a Razzie ever been revoked like that before?
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2022, 09:28:36 PM »

The Razzies have rescinded his award and apologized, stating "If someone’s medical condition is a factor in their decision making and/or their performance, we acknowledge that it is not appropriate to give them a Razzie."

So that was nice of them. 

Has a Razzie ever been revoked like that before?

Wow: respect to them for that  Cheers

I remember an Oscar being rescinded in the 1960s but never a Razzie.

Chuck Most
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2022, 09:41:09 AM »

Certainly sad news, and this definitely comes from a more reputable source than the guy who directed Hard Kill. I guess the YouTube comments were kind of on the right track.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Bruce Willis reportedly battling memory loss « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.