Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:30:30 PM
714494 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Based on other events I am impressed they didn't shoot the kid. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Based on other events I am impressed they didn't shoot the kid.  (Read 1681 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 21, 2022, 10:05:46 AM »

I think firearms are not the only thing they should prevent this guy from having.

Newly released bodycam footage captures the shocking moment a 4-year-old Utah boy opened fire on cops to try to stop his dad from getting arrested.

The footage shows officers initially struggling to forcibly remove Sadaat Johnson, 27, from his car after a 911 call that he had “brandished” a gun at drive-thru staff at a McDonald’s in suburban Salt Lake City.

As officers force him to the ground to cuff him, one shouts, “Gun!” — seconds before a single shot rings out.

“Drop the gun!” one of the Unified Police Department cops shouts, with one shown standing in a combat stance with his weapon pointed at those inside the car.

The bodycam shows some of the other officers running around to the vehicle’s passenger side, their shocked responses bleeped out.

The unsettling incident occurred in February, but the footage has only just been released now.

One of the officers immediately aimed his service weapon at the car when a shot rang out, allegedly fired by the 4-year-old son of Sadaat Johnson.

“Kids!” one of the officers then shouts after spotting Johnson’s 3-year-old daughter as well as the 4-year-old son accused of being the shooter, according to the video.

“Are you all right, kid?” a female officer asks to the sound of crying from the young passengers. “It’s OK,” she tells them as they are eased out of the car.

Police said at the time that Johnson “brandished a firearm at the employees” after getting “an incorrect order in the drive-thru.”

Newly-released video shows the moment a 4-year-old boy shot at Utah cops in February.
Sadaat Johnson’s 4-year-old son reportedly shot at cops because “he wanted his daddy back.”

The investigation showed that Johnson then “told the child to shoot at the police,” authorities said. It was not clear exactly when he gave the order and it was not caught in the bodycam clip.

The boy — who was taken into protective custody — said he shot at the cops because “he wanted his daddy back,” according to court records obtained by ABC4.

The dad later pleaded guilty to child abuse or neglect and aggravated assault, both third-degree felonies, KSL noted in March. A misdemeanor charge for interfering with a police officer was dismissed.

Utah cops found Sadaat Johnson's 3-year-old daughter and his 4-year-old son, the alleged shooter, in the car after a shot was fired.
Cops only found Sadaat Johnson’s 3-year-old daughter and his 4-year-old son in the car after a shot was fired.

He was ordered to spend 120 days in jail followed by three years of probation, as well as anger management and parenting courses. He will no longer be able to own firearms.

“I would like to apologize for my actions on that day,” Johnson told the court, KSL said. “It was a very stupid mistake that I should have never made.”

Still, Judge Kristine Johnson noted that it “could have been much, much worse than it was” given that the cops escaped serious injury.

“I think that everybody involved knows that,” the judge said.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Based on other events I am impressed they didn't shoot the kid. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.