Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:21:49 PM
714483 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Top 10 Italian Horror Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Top 10 Italian Horror Movies  (Read 7121 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2023, 09:32:13 AM »

Years ago an Italian archivist colleague visited us and he asked me if I had any fave Italian filmmakers so me being me, I said "Antonio Margheriti and Lucio Fulci".

He went  Buggedout and said "Stronzo" under his breath  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2023, 03:36:43 AM »

feel like giving a mention to WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SOLANGE?

very well made, pretty shocking and horrific in some respects… also unusually (by giallo standards) a really clever and coherent twist.

A lot of giallo, the twist comes and you’re left scratching your head

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2023, 04:23:23 PM »

Bluesad
I won't knock on TROLL 2, which is of course hilarious, but I admit sincere fondness for EVIL CLUTCH. Saw it first on VHS in '91 or '92 and (still high off my first exposure 3 or 4 years prior to Barry Sonnenfeld's dizzying dolly & steadicam pyrotechnics in RAISING ARIZONA) I thought EVIL CLUTCH had the second greatest collection of tracking shots in cinema history. Of course, I'd yet to have seen POSSESSION (2nd mention in one thread, woot!) or dozens of other far more expertly lensed films. But I had seen EVIL DEAD 2, and purely on the basis of cinematography, I preferred EVIL CLUTCH.  hot

As a reasonable adult, I find it hard to argue that EVIL CLUTCH has better mobile camerawork than EVIL DEAD 2....... but it's still easy to maintain it's got MORE mobile camerawork than EVIL DEAD 2.  BounceGiggle These poor hapless Italian kids spent ALL their allowances on a weekend rental of that steadicam, and by God, they are going to shoot THE WHOLE damn movie on that steadicam! As a young teen filmmaker, that really lit my fire. Say whatever else you want about EVIL CLUTCH's plot, acting, or SFX... those kids got their money's worth on that rental!

.......I HAD seen GOODFELLAS by the time I first saw EVIL CLUTCH, and EVIL CLUTCH also definitely had much, much more steadicam than GOODFELLAS! Cheers

Makes you wonder when an Italian movie doesn't find theatrical distribution in Italy, in the 1980s, back when they threw pretty much everything at the big screen.

Hey, I'm always rooting for the cinematic underdog but Evil Clutch is plain awful and no steadycam can save it. Unless you have a steadycam fetish. Matter of fact, if you read reviews people are complaining about the steady use of the steadycam.

I mean, just watch the end with the girl walking. This is when I was screaming ENOUGH (STEADYCAM) ALREADY  BounceGiggle It is without a doubt the worst steadycam ending in film history.

They should have used the steadycam wisely, to enhance certain scenes. You know, that and try to make an actual good movie. Instead it is silly steadycam overkill without rhyme and reason, making it annoyingly tiresome and incredibly stupid.

The sad thing is its not even good in a bad way. The director inserted footage from a previous short film he made, so the film is also riddled with continuity errors.

I guess it is worth a watch when curious about the steadycam work, but watch with caution.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 05:24:04 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2023, 06:43:21 AM »

9. PHENOMENA (1985) Dario Argento! Donald Pleasance! Insects! A monkey with a straight razor!
A classic.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2023, 08:53:28 AM »

I mean, just watch the end with the girl walking. This is when I was screaming ENOUGH (STEADYCAM) ALREADY  BounceGiggle It is without a doubt the worst steadycam ending in film history.

BounceGiggle It's a fair cop, I suppose! I have a much lower threshold for gratuitous style over substance than I did when I was 14. I admit I watched EC again about ten years later and was less impressed by everything BUT the steadycam - though I still liked that steadycam! I suppose I do have a steadycam fetish.

Ergo I don't have an issue w/ the ending - but even if I did, I BET there is a WORSE "steadycam ending" somewhere in film history. I dunno where but I will think on it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2023, 09:23:02 PM »

EVIL CLUTCH gave me a headache.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2023, 05:58:40 AM »

10. NIGHTMARE CASTLE (1966)
The music, the atmosphere, the madness, the sadism- oh and my favorite horror actress of all time, Barbara Steele!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 07:36:14 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2023, 07:27:18 AM »

my local hmv had a half price sale, just picked up SHOCK on bluray….

from the trailer there seems to be quite a prominent child character…. I dunno what it is about kids in talian horrors, but they always seem to be super annoying? Hope this one doesn’t grate on me too hard lol

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2023, 06:29:11 AM »

^ It's a real f**ked up movie. I think you will enjoy it.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2023, 08:52:29 AM »

Haha, hope so… will report back when I’ve given it a watch

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2023, 09:44:05 AM »

^ Oh yeah the kids ain't annoying, their evil!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2023, 03:24:55 AM »

had a watch of SHOCK... unusual to see Dario Argento's wife in a movie not directed by him. yeah I liked it. better than Fulci's THE PSYCHIC from the same year. yes the little kid was evil... but also had the face of a teenager? bit strange. I liked the Goblin-esque funky soundtrack.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2023, 07:40:02 AM »

I dunno what it is about kids in talian horrors, but they always seem to be super annoying? Hope this one doesn’t grate on me too hard lol

I've often said the same thing: kids in Italian horror movies are usually so obnoxious that you WANT something terrible to happen to them!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2023, 04:40:49 PM »

haha true.

this has reminded me of an Italian horror featuring an adult actor who has a condition that makes him.look like a child. he plays a child in the film. the only other thing I remember is I think he has an 'unhealthy' relationship with his mother (in the film)..can't remember the name of it

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2023, 05:46:46 PM »

haha true.

this has reminded me of an Italian horror featuring an adult actor who has a condition that makes him.look like a child. he plays a child in the film. the only other thing I remember is I think he has an 'unhealthy' relationship with his mother (in the film)..can't remember the name of it
Burial Ground? (1981)

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Top 10 Italian Horror Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.