Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:40:09 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most painful movies ever (a survey) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Most painful movies ever (a survey)  (Read 4140 times)
Eric Jonas
« on: June 12, 2002, 04:36:53 PM »

My friends and I were going to have a bad movie-centered end of school party and we were wondering which movies you recomend we select. The goal of the party is to watch ten or more movies in a row in a last man standing style contest to see who will be able to withstand fatigue, boredom, and defy his sense of taste and withstand more bad movies than any other.

To make this party work, however, we would like to enlist the aid of our fellow bad movie fans in picking out which movies are the most painful of them all, which will separate the men from the boys. Most of us are bad movie fans, and we could draw from our memories lists of painful, bad-awful movies, but we decided to try to avoid movies that we had already seen, thus making our decision making process considerably harder.

So, I ask you all: which of the movies that would probably be at our local video stores are the worst of the worst? Which are, in your opinions, the hardest to stomach in one sitting?

Thanks for whatever help you can offer.
Steven Millan
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 04:52:00 PM »

"Showgirls", "Freddy Got Fingered", "Cecil B Demented"(what the hell has happened to John Waters after "Serial Mom"?!), any(big,medium,and small name) franchise horror sequel(with the exception of "Phantasm" and Hammer Films' Draucla and Frankenstein movies),the action classics of Lorenzo Lamas,Ice-T,Richard Greico,and Don "The Dragon" Wilson,and any recent films of Albert Pyun(with this dude,any film except "Sword And The Sorcerer" and the first "Nemesis"),David DeCoteau,Jim Wynorski(under his Jay Andrews alias)and Fred Olen Ray(under his Scott Sherman,Ed Raymond,and Rodney McDonald alias)are a guaranteed good start for your little all-night survival festival(sounds like it'll be too horribly schlocky for any girls to endure,I can see).
chris
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2002, 05:03:27 PM »

Here's a list of ten I had trouble sitting through that are out on video:

1.  The Phantom Menace
2.  Suicide Kings
3.  The Jerky Boys Movie
4.  New Rose Hotel
5.  Night of the Living Dead 30th Anniversary Edition
6.  Hannibal
7.  Blow
8.  Only You
9.  Any Full Moon Video excluding Trancers, Parasite and Tourist Trap
10. Dangerous Minds

And I think these are out on video, but are tough to find, and I defy anyone to sit through them, as I foolishly did

Sombre
Zombie '90
Zombie Holocaust (The 1995 straight to video one)
Millenium Mambo
Chadzilla
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 05:04:04 PM »

Edge of Sanity with Anthony Perkins.  It's painful, believe me.
The Bard
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2002, 05:18:19 PM »

Its hard to think of anything more Painfull then "Car 54 Where are you" The Movie. Rosie O'Donnell and the main charector have the two worst voices ever to be featured in a film. Make sure you wrap any glass in something soft before watching.
Bree
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2002, 05:35:05 PM »

Dario Argento's Inferno---you'll get a headache trying to figure out the plot.

The Guyver

Don't Answer the Phone

Exit to Eden, starring Rosie O'Donnell in a black leather corset. But I have to give her props for agreeing to wear that for the public to see.

Sliver

Mausoleum---a truly, truly cruddy movie

The Uninvited--the one starring George Kennedy

The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant

The Thing With Two Heads

Big Bad Mama II

Specimen
systemcr4sh
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 05:41:19 PM »

Two Words:

STAR CRYSTAL

'Nuff Said.

-Dan
MBrando
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2002, 07:04:25 PM »

Well, just because someone puts something on film that last about 80 minutes and up dosn't mean its a "film". Anyway here's my list.

Eraserhead (just to start things off)
Mesa of Lost Woment (this will hurt)
They Saved Hitlers Brain (you start getting on each others nerves)
Battlefield Earth (by this time you'll have lost your minds)
Howard the Duck (you start seaching for the meaning of life)
She Devils on Wheels (it won't help)
Beast of Yucca Flats( just to keep you curious)
Robot Monster(this will glue you to the set)
Frogs (to lure you into a fail sense of security)
Day of the Animals(this could push you completely over the edge)
Orgy of the Dead(joy joy !!!)
Glen or Glenda (for those still kicking this is your reward )
ErikJ
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2002, 08:25:40 PM »

If  you must then Satan's Storybook. I never was able to make it through the movie. It's just so damn bad. If you want to claw out your eyes or bang your head against a stone wall then view. BUT don't say you were not warned. I pray for your soul.
jmc
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2002, 08:03:45 AM »

Gotta agree with THEY SAVED HITLER'S BRAIN.

EXORCIST II: THE HERETIC is painful, but only because you laugh so hard while watching it.
Nathan
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2002, 10:14:38 AM »

"9. Any Full Moon Video excluding Trancers, Parasite and Tourist Trap"

None of which are technically Full Moon movies -- produced by Charles Band, but before he came up with the Full Moon label/franchise.

There are some good Full Mooners, though -- Castle Freak and The Pit and the Pendulum are both excellent (probably because they're both directed by Stuart Gordon).

Nathan
Nathan
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2002, 10:16:43 AM »

And then the coup de grace:

I Stand Alone.

Bad in a completely different way -- a whiny, pretentious, self-indulgent, Gallic way.  Anyone who's built up a callus on the other movies will be caught completely off-guard.

Nathan
Kyla
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2002, 10:29:16 AM »

Steven Millan wrote:
(sounds like it'll be too horribly schlocky for any girls to endure,I can see).

oh really!?!!?
i am not sure how you meant this (don't worry i am not p**sed) but just so you know there are SOME girls out there, including me, that CAN sit through horrible movie marathons like this

for some strange reason.... i can watch ANY movie all the way through... i have tortured myself way too many times... but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

(trust me.. this trait p**ses my roommates off soo bad! ahahaha but they gotta get over it cause once i start a movie i won't turn it off til the credits roll, (gawd i am sick.....))
Redjack
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2002, 02:37:59 PM »

I can't imagine anything more painful than  'The Parasite'   a really putrid movie about some wacko studying hypnosis...   I've seen 6th grade school plays that made more sense and were better acted.  

To date its the only DVD i've ever put out of its misery with a shotgun blast.
StatCat
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2002, 05:16:10 PM »

I was going to say that too about them not technically being full moon movies. Puppet Master 1-3 and Subspecies are probably the best movies they ever did. There's some other decent ones I like too but it seemed as time went on their movies got worse.

I'd say if you really want someone to suffer, sit through:

Hobgoblins (I sure did, inane in every category)
a*p*e*  (bad korean kaiju, yonggary isn't too great etiher.)
The Howling New Moon Rising
curse of the screaming dead
zombie 90
night of the zombies 2
the neon maniacs
oasis of the zombies
a virgin among the living dead
any Todd Sheets movie (although I kind of like zombe bloodbath 2)
etc.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most painful movies ever (a survey) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.