Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:34:17 AM
714465 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Holy cow, this is scathing!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Holy cow, this is scathing!!  (Read 3872 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2023, 03:42:53 PM »

By that statement alone, you reinforce the inescapable appearance of bias and partisanship.

By that statement alone you are declaring that anyone who doesn't agree with you must be biased.
Excuse me, I meant on the part of the prosecutors...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2023, 03:57:50 PM »

Politics aside, even with a former President there should be consequences for failures in any of these scenarios. It is far too serious.

By that statement alone, you reinforce the inescapable appearance of bias and partisanship.

No, I'm saying nobody should escape consequences for actions that disregard the higher good or the safety of others, and that's a concept that isn't political, it's legal and it's common sense. You, me, a sitting or former President should all  be held accountable for negligence if it endangers others. My comments didn't carry any political sentiments at all and I won't go into politics here, but I'd feel the same about Hillary Clinton or President Biden or President Trump or my own mother. Power comes with responsibility, and some actions can get people killed. Trump should have done better, whether others made similar mistakes or not.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2023, 04:00:10 PM »

Politics aside, even with a former President there should be consequences for failures in any of these scenarios. It is far too serious.

No, I'm saying nobody should escape consequences for actions that disregard the higher good or the safety of others, and that's a concept that isn't political, it's legal and it's common sense. You, me, a sitting or former President should all  be held accountable for negligence if it endangers others. My comments didn't carry any political sentiments at all and I won't go into politics here, but I'd feel the same about Hillary Clinton or President Biden or President Trump or my own mother. Power comes with responsibility, and some actions can get people killed. Trump should have done better, whether others made similar mistakes or not.

okay

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2023, 04:23:47 PM »

"I don't see how he gets out of this one...he's toast"

Trump

LilCerberus

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2023, 06:58:24 PM »

In all honesty, I know a lot of otherwise good and decent people who have fallen under his spell.  People who donate to charities, work to feed the homeless, raise their kids to be honest and respectful - and yet somehow (I blame decades of indoctrination by right wing talk radio and FOX News) they are completely blind to the fact that he is everything we teach our kids not to be; everything that Jesus preached against, and everything that would totally outrage us if it was done by anyone else.

I don't get it.  Never have, never will.
It's like black magic.

Statements such as this don't seem in the least bit scholarly, rather, the crazed ramblings of an angry radicalist.
You speak as if people with whom you disagree are somehow sub-human, having nothing to do with any level of education or lack there of.
To assume those with whom you disagree are somehow not capable of benevolence, kindness, responsibility & respect (and by your assumption, somehow should be capable of these character traits), is narcissistic and delusional.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2023, 07:29:47 PM »

And your statement shows a complete lack of comprehension of what I just said.  I commented that many of my Trump-supporting friends displayed the very qualities you just accused me of denying them!  Many decent people supported Trump, I just don't understand WHY.
MY OWN MOTHER voted for Trump, although if she had lived to see Jan. 6 I imagine she would have had separate thoughts.

But - this was what floored me:  I heard pastors and Sunday School teachers and Christians I respected go on and on for 8 years about how much character, integrity, and marital fidelity MATTERED in a political leader while Bill Clinton was President.  A serial adulterer was an oathbreaker who should never be trusted with the leadership of our nation.  It was a universal mantra.

Then Trump came along and these SAME evangelical leaders suddenly decided character, integrity, and marital fidelity no longer mattered.
All that mattered was that he opposed the same people and movements they opposed. 
The hypocrisy was stunning.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2023, 07:54:38 PM »

And your statement shows a complete lack of comprehension of what I just said.  I commented that many of my Trump-supporting friends displayed the very qualities you just accused me of denying them!  Many decent people supported Trump, I just don't understand WHY.
MY OWN MOTHER voted for Trump, although if she had lived to see Jan. 6 I imagine she would have had separate thoughts.
No, it's you who misread My post.
If you go back & reread your own post, you are clearly expressing your belief that those with whom you disagree SHOULDN"T have these traits.
It reads like you don't see HOW those with whom you disagree could have these types of positive personality traits.
That's how it reads.

As for the issue of morality, yes I see the hypocrisy, but on the same token, one must take into account the reputations of the clintons & the bidens.
Nobody's clean here, but free will and the freedom to make one's own decisions is still a cornerstone of life in America.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2023, 07:57:15 PM »

No, no, and no.

I said that their support of Trump was inconsistent with the values they displayed in every other area of their life, and with the beliefs they held.
I did NOT say they could not possess those traits, in fact I pointed out that they did.

And, for the record, I have never once attacked you personally and dinging my karma for a difference of opinion was not a cool thing to do.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2023, 08:05:14 PM »

No, no, and no.

I said that their support of Trump was inconsistent with the values they displayed in every other area of their life, and with the beliefs they held.
I did NOT say they could not possess those traits, in fact I pointed out that they did.

And, for the record, I have never once attacked you personally and dinging my karma for a difference of opinion was not a cool thing to do.
Don't play dumb, it's pretty clear what you were implying.
And it makes even stranger that you would support someone as corrupt as biden!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2023, 08:23:58 PM »

I see a big difference between "all Trump supporters are idiots" and "I don't understand how decent people can support Trump, but they do."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2023, 08:32:21 PM »

No, no, and no.

Don't play dumb, it's pretty clear what you were implying.
And it makes even stranger that you would support someone as corrupt as biden!

Look, I'm not in a Biden cult.  I don't fly a Biden flag at my house, I don't have his face on a T-shirt, I don't go to Biden rallies or take my boat to Biden armada parades.  IF he is corrupt as you say, then do what they did with Trump: Produce evidence that will stand up in a court of law, take it to a grand jury, and get an indictment, then go to trial.  I think those who are provably corrupt should be punished.

I am an American veteran. I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.  Trump's appalling inability to understand his constitutional responsibilities, his unwillingness to learn them, and his refusal to ever admit that he DIDN'T know more than anyone about any topic soured me on his Presidency from the beginning.  And on January 6, he became a domestic enemy of the United States.  I will oppose him with all my breath and all my strength till the day I die, because I love this country and believe our Constitution is worth fighting for.

I didn't vote for Biden because I was in love with him politically - I voted for him because HE WAS NOT TRUMP.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2023, 08:37:26 PM »

Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2023, 08:40:00 PM »

I see a big difference between "all Trump supporters are idiots" and "I don't understand how decent people can support Trump, but they do."
The implication clearly being either that they really aren't "decent', or that there's something wrong with them.
To say "decent people who have fallen under his spell", or ending his post with "It's like black magic"???
Am I really supposed to relax & assume it's just a mere lack of clarity???

LilCerberus

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2023, 09:03:37 PM »

I am an American veteran. I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.  Trump's appalling inability to understand his constitutional responsibilities, his unwillingness to learn them, and his refusal to ever admit that he DIDN'T know more than anyone about any topic soured me on his Presidency from the beginning.  And on January 6, he became a domestic enemy of the United States.  I will oppose him with all my breath and all my strength till the day I die, because I love this country and believe our Constitution is worth fighting for.

I didn't vote for Biden because I was in love with him politically - I voted for him because HE WAS NOT TRUMP.
And you don't have any issues with a leader who cut off security at the southern border? Someone who's trying to teach the military to be more sensitive while giving away all off our military hardware???
Shut down domestic energy production while selling the strategic reserve to our enemies, begging other countries for oil, and taking bribes from foreign companies???
A man who's done everything in his power to make America unsafe from all enemies, foreign and domestic???

If you want to talk about Jesus' teachings, who in their right mind would snub the families of the Nashville massacre while giving an audience to three people who tried to start a riot in the state chamber, and were punished for it???

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2023, 09:10:23 PM »

^ Ever see Trump go to a mass shooting victems families funerals? Did he go to the funeral of the woman who was run down at a Nazi rally? No. He called the Nazi's good people. Gimme a f**king break. Your hero is a f**king racist, misogynist, lying, traitor piece of s**t.
And that's why most of his fans love him.
Trump is f**ked up in the head.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 09:26:06 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Holy cow, this is scathing!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.