Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:04:21 PM
714473 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Places You Lived « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Places You Lived  (Read 1867 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: July 16, 2023, 09:33:04 PM »

I live in Lawton, Michigan now, but I once lived in Indiana (I can't remember the name of the town), Bronx NY, Wappinger Falls NY, Milton NY, Marlboro NY, all the f**k over in Michigan! Oh yeah- Shirley LI, NY. That was a crazy place. More drugs than a Wallgreens!

Lawton

« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 09:38:45 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 10:29:34 PM »

I've lived my whole life in Hunt County, TX, except for - 13 months in which we lived in Dallas when I was 12 years old.
And my 4 years in the Navy, when I lived respectively in San Diego, CA and Yokosuka, Japan.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 10:53:04 PM »

1. Portland, OR suburb of Garden Home.  Born/grew up there.  That house is now owned by my brother, and my stepmom/dad live in a trailer on the property.  Huge ass backyard that should have been converted into a flag lot and made money.  Didn't get along with stepmom as a kid (nor my dad) and moved out in 1987.
2. Moved to Auburn, WA in 1987 to live with mom/stepdad.  Nice split level house.  Got along okay with his kids, especially the son.  
3. Moved to another house in Auburn in 1990, just a mile and a half away.  SUPER nice big house (both parents worked for Boeing so they were rich until the brief layoffs).  Usually got along with stepdad, though he could be an immature jerk at times.  
4. Moved back down to my folks' house in 1992.  Got along much better with them this time around.
5. After my grandma died in 1996 I moved into her Tigard, OR house while it was being prepped for future owners.  Stayed there for the better part of the year I believe, working out every day (with 6 pack abs) while enjoying a fairly short commute to work (department store custodian), and a theater and a Hollywood Video nearby.
6. My sister came with to co-sign for my first apartment in the summer of 1996.  2nd story in Tigard OR, in the most HEAVENLY of locations-- right off highway 99 and in the heart of restaurants, grocery stores, bars, movie cinemas, you name it.  But being upstairs in the summer was BRUTAL and I got BIG ants.  Moved work location shortly after and though the commute was long and the work was arduous (especially after I got promoted to manager) I was still happy, eating well and working out rigorously.  When I got tired of my slow ass dial up computer I still had plenty of Sega Genesis/CD/Playstation games to keep me content.
7. My friend knew the apartment landlord near the Portland/Beaverton border, and after meeting him I liked him too (though he drank too much-- so did my friend for that matter).  So I moved to the Quail Run apartments in 2003.  By this point I had quit my job and was running out of funds.. fortunately through a temp office and a nice recommendation from my mom I worked at a Nike warehouse the following year to stay afloat.  Cinder block walls seemed great in this complex, but they were hollow and you could still hear noise next door.  Plus, the windows that stretched to the floor in my bedroom (!) had a bit of a gap, allowing cold air to spread mildew.. but the place had 2 bedrooms so a guest could sack out.
8. Shortly after I got my job with the Veterans' Hospital I started yearning for clean air in my household.  So I went house shopping for part of 2009 and most of 2010.  Finally found a good location for a good price in Beaverton by HWY 217.  Almost half paid off at this point, helped dramatically by getting a renter in 2020 for $500 a month in rent money (also got rent from my brother and friend Jake when they lived here prior).

So, 7 different places I've lived in.  Happiest where I'm at right now, though the construction can really suck.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 10:57:44 PM »

I've only lived in two places but in two different countries 🥴

Gweru (my home town) from 1967 to 1986
I never lived in Bulawayo which was where I was born.
Pretoria from 1987 to the present day.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 02:47:30 AM »

let me think... ottawa,kansas; an unpronuoncable town in newfoundland,; kittery, maine; middleboro, mass( 3 times);abrams,wisconsin;green bay, wisconsin,; arlington, mass and now wichita for 40+years.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2023, 03:50:40 AM »

Started off in the Maryhill part of Glasgow, before moving to what was called a New Town, Cumbernauld between Glasgow and Edinburgh. We then moved to Stevenston where I lived in 5 different houses. I then lived in England, near Birmingham for just shy of two years before moving up to Lossiemouth where I've lived since but with interruptions that have seen me live for anywhere from 2 weeks to six months in Marham, Coningsby, Cranwell, Mount Pleasant in the Falkland isles, Inverness and Fort William as well as a couple of months living in Utah (with visits to Nevada, Arizona and California) while on an extended holiday.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2023, 03:55:01 AM »

Missouri, Nevada (Las Vegas), Illinois, Washington, Germany.

Is it October yet?
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 04:07:25 AM »

Cumbernauld between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

how strange, I'd never heard of cumbernauld till yesterday, when it came up randomly due to something else I was searching for. I even had a look at the wiki page

I also found out DuNbartonshire has an N, and DuMbarton has an M..... knowledge is power
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 04:10:00 AM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2023, 04:38:38 AM »

Cumbernauld between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

how strange, I'd never heard of cumbernauld till yesterday, when it came up randomly due to something else I was searching for. I even had a look at the wiki page

I also found out DuNbartonshire has an N, and DuMbarton has an M..... knowledge is power

Did it mention the monstrosity that was the local shopping mall? A good example of why the 60s and concrete was a bad combo.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 05:32:24 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2023, 06:20:57 AM »

heh... that is kind of dystopian. looks like something out of one of those bad 80s italian post-apocalypse movie

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2023, 08:04:51 AM »

Born in Louisville KY but immediately moved to
Victoria, TX
as a child we moved several times to:
Fayetteville, NC
Wilmington, DE
Orange, TX
Chadds Ford, PA
Parkersburg, WV
College in Dallas, TX
Semester in Rome
After college: West Chester, PA
Brief stint in Williamsburg, VA
Las Vegas, NV
Finally back to Louisville, KY

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2023, 08:14:30 AM »

Just about all of my life I lived in New Orleans, LA. There was a period of about 4 months that I lived in Houston, Texas, during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2023, 08:47:45 AM »

Let's see...

I was accidentally born in the northernmost city in Kentucky (a week early, fast labor, Mom and Grandma had been last-minute Christmas shopping) and later lived there in the Commonwealth for three years, plus stayed there a bunch in the '00s at Landon's house across the river in Newport, Kentucky almost half my time some years.

I lived in Maine for four years.

I've lived in Ohio all the rest except for accumulated months on end in Texas and Boston and a total of about five years combined off and on in Ireland, mainly blocks of months in summer.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2023, 02:41:07 AM »

This is what the Bronx looked like when I lived there in 1979- 1980. I was born there, too.
It looked like a warzone.
I never had a problem. Nobody f**ked with me. It was drug dealers killing each other. I bought angel dust weed in front of an abandoned laudrymat. Liquer stores sold to me, and I was only 17. I sat in Poe Park with my friend from Peru and drank whiskey and listened to Led Zep on his boom box.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 02:48:49 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2023, 08:07:50 AM »

I'm almost 40 and lived in the Philadelphia area my whole life.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Places You Lived « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.