Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:21:10 AM
714466 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Oppenheimer (2023) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Oppenheimer (2023)  (Read 2524 times)
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2023, 03:31:43 PM »

I haven't seen this film but for maybe the last week mention of it has surrounded me everywhere I turn, radio, TV, online. I can't tell if that's spontaneous and organic because it's great or if it's just got massive promotional dollars behind it.

Over the years I've learned that truly organic popularity doesn't exist anymore, and that's assuming that it ever did in the first place. The most "spontaneous" something looks nowadays, the more scripted it is, especially when it involves already popular figures. The amount of money flowing behind scenes to promote this thing must be insane.

The biggest example I can see all the time here is around the football player, Lionel Messi. He's actually from my city, Rosario, and sometimes photos of him in the supermarket or ordering food from takeovers start to show up around the media, trying to cash in at the idea of his usual low profile and family ties. I cringe every time somebody mention this, as if one of the most famous sportsman in the world would just buy stuff personally from a random store, or receive a total stranger in his house just to bring food. Behind those photos there's probably an army of PR people trying to make it as good as possible, with security guards all over the place.

Or perhaps I'm just too skeptical, which is a strong possibility. TongueOut

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2023, 04:37:57 PM »

I'm going to wait to see this until it comes out on bluray to see this

it's 3 hour run time is a much long  Buggedout

The longest film I ever saw was Larry of Arabia  Wink

3 hours ain't much these days, really, even in the theater. Cannot recall the longest stint I've spent in a theater watching one film. I made it through about 2/3rds of the CREMASTER cycle once in the mid-00s...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2023, 09:28:12 PM »

personally I cannot even remember the last time a new movie came out and made me think 'yeah I want/need to see this'...

There are always at least a couple a year for me (although they're never the big ones). Last one was BEAU IS AFRAID.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2023, 10:30:42 AM »

I have no desire to see Oppenheimer.  Nothing about it appeals to me.  Barbie is one I'm at least curious about.  I might see it one day if I find it in the discount DVD bin.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2023, 11:04:59 AM »

I saw it in IMAX last weekend and really enjoyed it. I'll definitely buy the blu-ray when it comes out.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Oppenheimer (2023) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.