Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:50:26 AM
714442 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Odd things which trigger you? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Odd things which trigger you?  (Read 536 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 09, 2023, 02:42:17 PM »

I don't get angry much if at all: I almost killed someone in high school in 1981 and swore I would never get that angry ever again and I haven't.

I might have a bit of above average audio sensitivity (misiophonia?) but the following things make me grit my teeth and make me uncomfortable.

AMSR speech, speaking with a 'dry mouth' sound.
People repeating the same words over and over again.
People enunciating every single letter in every single word, kind of "put on speech": our cricket commentators do this a lot.
Youtube and TikTok videos with people seemingly talking through a tongue blocked mouth. Put that thing away!
People using horribly fake accents.
Mumbling
Vocal fry.

ASMR sounds like rain, falling water, fire, person farting next door etc are nice and help me sleep.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 12:38:39 PM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 05:55:23 PM »

If a dog is really big and also somewhat shaggy. It looks like a man in a dog suit and freaks me out.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 05:59:42 AM »

Constantly being asked to donate to charities. I don't mid giving money, but it just feels like a constant barrage of sometimes asking, other times demanding money from me. If I am going to donate to a cause I like to do some background checks on it, see how they use their cash and I definitely do not have enough time to check up on all the ones emailing me, appearing on TV, asking me on the street...

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 11:38:21 AM »

Bad trigger: Something I overreact to is discourtesy. I try to be polite and show good manners, but when I am on the receiving end of outright rudeness I have been known to throw it all away and go too far in response when something could have as easily been let go. 

And where my family is concerned I am capable of absolute psychopathy. Once when my little boy was pushing a child-size cart at Kroger's when he was about four, he got too close to this man's cart in an aisle, and the jerk reached out and shoved the cart so hard the handle hit my son and hurt him, so I went absolutely berserk. I'm ashamed of that today. Stun-gunning him should have been enough. I was less mellow in my thirties.

Good trigger: Long before I knew the term ASMR I felt it in life in a number of situations, with a big one being when someone is telling me a story.

Secret trigger: All l can think is aliens must have implanted something in my brain at one time (um, haha?) because there is a word that brings on a....reaction....in me. I have told a few people that the response to this word exists but I have never told anyone what the word is, because that'd be insane, like giving someone huge power over me, lol. Even though the effect of the word is mildly pleasant, that could definitely be abused.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 11:40:53 AM »

People knocking at my door asking me if I am "saved". Or "found Jesus".

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 11:43:09 AM »

People knocking at my door asking me if I am "saved". Or "found Jesus".

Mmm, never move to a little town in the Texas hill country then. It's an hourly question down there, I swear. They also have no sense of humor if you reply with:

"Yes, he was drunk beside a road."

Zero humor perceived in that.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2023, 02:48:34 PM »

I find mouth sounds (ASMR) extremely disgusting, especially mukbang. They trigger me to puke.

I'm annoyed by RECAP videos on YouTube, which started trending last year. Especially since they explain the entire scene in the title. Are these video clips for dummies?

Noticed a new YouTube trend, fake celebrity death news videos. For unknown reasons, YouTube keeps recommending these to me, which p**ses me off.

And clickbait YouTube videos in general, with those terrible attention-grabbing images.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 03:00:23 PM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2023, 03:33:13 PM »

I find mouth sounds (ASMR) extremely disgusting, especially mukbang. They trigger me to puke.

I'm annoyed by RECAP videos on YouTube, which started trending last year. Especially since they explain the entire scene in the title. Are these video clips for dummies?

Noticed a new YouTube trend, fake celebrity death news videos. For unknown reasons, YouTube keeps recommending these to me, which p**ses me off.

And clickbait YouTube videos in general, with those terrible attention-grabbing images.

I see we have common ground on all these, Claws.  Smile Smile

The mouth sound ASMRs trigger my gag reflex.
Those recap videos sound like they're narrated by some random person who has only recently learned to speak any language at all.
The celebrity death videos - all fake - make me  Hatred It's like the person who made the video is waiting and hoping for celebrities to pass on.
Clickbait videos: urgh.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2023, 03:59:04 PM »

people who look straight ahead and don't say thanks or even acknowledge you if you move aside / wait for them to pass on a narrow bit of pavement or something... eternal hellfire for you.

If a dog is really big and also somewhat shaggy. It looks like a man in a dog suit and freaks me out.

sorry but lol

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Odd things which trigger you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.