Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:19:52 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  True Weird Stories « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: True Weird Stories  (Read 753 times)
claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« on: January 04, 2024, 01:21:13 PM »

There's this woman I know on Facebook, and she is obsessed with Halloween. She buys Halloween decoration all through the year, and she decorates her house outside and inside come September 1st. Over the years, she started to put up Halloween stuff earlier than September the first. Last year was the earliest, she had her house ready for Halloween on August the 17th. She used to take down her Halloween decorations in December, but not anymore.

Apparently, she has also become obsessed with Christmas, even though she never posts about Christmas much. With each year, she started putting up Christmas deco earlier than the year before. Last year was her first Halloween/Christmas overlap. She cleared out her interior Halloween stuff on the evening of Halloween, and had her Christmas tree up before midnight. She was very casual about it, like it was a normal thing to do. She usually keeps her Christmas decorations until the end of February.

Not judging her, but I still think her Halloween/Christmas thing is so weird.

Are you bored enough to share true weird stories?

Is it October yet?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 01:34:34 PM »

I was returning from a work assignment in Bloemfontein in July 2019 and I'd been on the road heading back to Pretoria for about 30 minutes when a big black vehicle appeared in my rear view mirror.

Being a car nut, I slowed down so that I could see what kind of car it was. A few seconds later it disappeared and there were no exits or off ramps on that highway at all.

I think it was a ghost car as a week later I got seriously ill and wound up in hospital 😳😳

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 03:24:43 PM »

When I was at uni there was an Italian student in my hall of residence who I got friendly with, we would play cards a lot (with other guys in my hall)... his name was Lorenzo

I had my guitar at uni and when Lorenzo saw it one day he mentioned that he wanted to learn to play, and he was looking for a cheap guitar to learn on. I then remembered that someone on my course had recently mentioned they had a guitar they wanted to sell.... I told this to Lorenzo, and he said he was interested.

As this guy with the guitar for sale only lived a few streets away I suggested to him I come over, with my italian buddy, so he could check out the guitar and see if he wanted it. The guy said ok fine...

So a few days later me and Lorenzo walk to this guy's house (which I have never been to before), go in, and there is his guitar.... and the make of the guitar is 'LORENZO', which was engraved on it in a few places. Spooky.

(and yes he did buy it, iirc)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 03:29:29 PM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 12:19:23 AM »

When I was a boy, there was a tree in our front yard that had had a lot of its roots chopped down, resulting in large knobs forming over the root ends.  When I went to climb this tree one day, a large and very distinct root knob clipped off and I slipped as a result and banged my knee.  Irritated, I kicked the knob, hard, and it flew away and into the street.  I promptly forgot about it.

The next day, I came back to the tree and the knob was there again, right next to the root cluster, though it didn't quite touch it.  I kicked it into the street again, then walked into the street and kicked it hard, probably a couple hundred feet away.  Then I went back to playing.

A day or two later, I come out to the tree, and yep, the knob is back again.  I'm more amazed than creeped out or anything, so I think to myself, we'll see about that.  I kick it all the way down the block, and around a side street, this would be hundreds of yards and a turn away.  Then I go off and do what kids do.

Around a week later, I come out to the front yard, and yep, it's there again!  It looked a little worn down now, like it's getting dried up, almost weaker?  Maybe I'm anthropomorphizing it.

Anyway, this time I pick it up, walk it a half mile away, and drop it into a nearby woods.  

It didn't come back from that.

For what it's worth, I was home alone all of these times, so if someone was messing with me, they were very dedicated and weren't related to me.  Far as I know, it's just a weird story.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 04:35:54 PM »

I had to think a minute to come up with one I haven't told here before, but my friend Hugh, in Austin, related this one to me while sitting on a back porch in 105-degree weather in 2004....

He said back in the late 1950s, when his dad was in his early teens, he would spend summers with relatives in El Paso, and his dad spoke Spanish and got along well with the Mexicans there, and in those days it was no big deal to literally walk to the river and wade over to Mexico for the day and walk back home, everyone did it on both sides, things were so open back then. He knew one Mexican man there Luis, who was nicknamed El Gato, because they said he moved like a cat, who was in his thirties but hung out with teenagers, and he and Luis and some others would go fishing together, and Luis introduced Hugh's dad to marijuana and tequila and as a teenager Hugh's dad considered him an all around cool guy to know, as did most of the local boys.

Well one day late in this particular summer, 1959, I believe, Hugh's dad was fourteen, he was walking down a dirt road in the country when he saw Luis walking toward him carrying a hatchet, and Hugh's dad called over (in Spanish), "Hey, my man, where you going with that today?"

Cheerful as you please, big smile, no tension in him at all, Luis said, "Across the river. I'm gonna go chop some heads, bro."

Hugh's dad laughed and waved to Luis in passing and kept on his way.

The next day Hugh's dad woke up to the news Luis was wanted by the police on both sides of the river, because he hacked his (Mexican) girlfriend and the (Mexican) man she was cheating on him with to death, right in bed, mid-coitus.

As far as Hugh's dad knew, they never caught Luis, and to this day he tells that story of walking right by a man on his way to commit murder.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 03:26:05 AM »

on a vaguely (very vaguely) similar note... a few years ago I was skimming through full length films to check out on youtube, it was throwing up some old grindhousey exploitation type movies based on my search

I clicked on one and skipped to somewhere random near the middle of the film, and it landed on a scene of a woman being sawed in half... I decided it wasn't for me, so clicked on another film in the 'suggestions' panel, skipped to a random point in the middle of the film, and landed on ANOTHER scene of a woman being sawed in half!

cannot remember which 2 films these were obscure stufg

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 08:29:36 AM »

obscure stufg
°Obscure stufg": a new movie genre I see 😉😉

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 10:27:34 AM »

haha apparently so

Paquita

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2024, 10:01:52 PM »

I know I posted about this before but it belongs here too.  A few years ago, we went with some friends to one of those cave tours in Iowa.  We were at the back of the group and right in front of us was a large multi-generational Asian family.  What I believe would be the gramma was directly in front of us.  She kept hanging back from her family when we’d move on from one area to another which was kind of awkward because we didn’t want to push past her and separate her from her family – the cave had some treacherous areas with rocky terrain, narrow passages, slippery spots, etc. so it would not be good for her to be left behind.  After a while we noticed she was scraping wet clay off the walls and formations in the cave.  At first she was being subtle about it, just looking like she was curiously touching some areas and then she escalated to a more sneaky scratching of the substance.  She appeared to be rubbing it on her skin and discretely placing it into her pockets.  After a while she just brazenly started scooping the clay and shamelessly pocketing it in full view of us.  When we first saw her do that, my friends and I all turned to each other with silent shocked and amused expressions.  My friend swears she saw her take a piece on her finger and put it in her mouth while looking her directly in the face and smiling mischievously right before the tour ended.

I don’t know if this lady had some kind of mental condition that compelled her to do this.  I think her family was aware of what she was doing and sort of ignored it.  They acted as if they knew but wanted to pretend like they didn’t so they wouldn’t get in trouble. 

On the other hand, I’ve heard certain muds and clays are beneficial for your health and skin... I think about this lady a lot and wonder if I should be scooping cave clay too?  Or was there something special about this specific cave in Iowa?  I should go back.

claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2024, 04:35:52 AM »

I've posted this in another thread, but I think it is fitting for this thread as well.

When we first watched Forrest Gump (1994) my dad was a bit stunned. My dad's name is Forrest, he was also in the Vietnam War, and just like Tom Hank's character, shot in the buttocks. My mom, who was suffering from schizophrenia back then, thought it was a huge conspiracy. Anyway you put it, it was a weird coincidence.

Unlike the movie-Forrest, my dad didn't get to meet the President. Dad was traumatized from the War, resulting in lifelong nightmares.

Is it October yet?
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2024, 08:14:53 AM »

I've posted this in another thread, but I think it is fitting for this thread as well.

When we first watched Forrest Gump (1994) my dad was a bit stunned. My dad's name is Forrest, he was also in the Vietnam War, and just like Tom Hank's character, shot in the buttocks. My mom, who was suffering from schizophrenia back then, thought it was a huge conspiracy. Anyway you put it, it was a weird coincidence.

Unlike the movie-Forrest, my dad didn't get to meet the President. Dad was traumatized from the War, resulting in lifelong nightmares.

🥺🥺 I'm sorry that happened to your Dad: my father had lifelong PTSD after his war service in my birth country snd was never quite himself after 1980.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2024, 05:09:57 PM »

a couple of months ago I had my radio on in the next room and the news came on. I absolutely 100% very clearly heard the newsreader say "The world of broadcasting is reacting to the news of the death of the DJ Tony Blackburn, who has died today".

except he's not dead, and that's not something that Radio 5Live would 'joke' about. I actually texted my mum who really likes Tony Blackburn, to tell her! then checked wiki, news pages etc... nothing. no further mention on 5 Live.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 11:03:01 PM »

A strange story from today but in the end kind of a nice one...

I like Indian food and think it's possibly the best cuisine on the planet, certainly among the most flavorful, and try to eat it at least a couple times a month. Well I went into a Northern Indian restaurant today, never been to this one before, and we walked up to see it was closed between lunch and dinner and wouldn't open for fifteen minutes and started to walk back to the car and wait, but a woman came out and nicely said we were welcome to come in and have a seat, which we did.

We took a booth near the back of the place, not far from the kitchens, and an older Sikh gentleman in a turban and wearing what I guess could be called a chef's coat was actively pounding spices with a stone mortar, and as he did so he kept chanting this sentence over and over, in a foreign language, so I put on Google translate and it said he was saying:

"Let us all celebrate the One Lord, giver of all life, and through our mouths receive His blessings."

I read that Sikhs believe that by offering chanted prayers while they prepare food, they infuse it with good energy above and beyond the nourishment it brings.

I thought that was courteous and decent of the man to try to help other people that way.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  True Weird Stories « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.