Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:48:50 AM
714466 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TVSHOW REMAKES you like and don't. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: TVSHOW REMAKES you like and don't.  (Read 869 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: March 21, 2024, 03:21:44 PM »

Ya know- like HAWAII 5:0? or MAGNUM P.I.?
I never seen either- I dunno. I liked the old 5:0. I didnt like the old MAGNUM.
I do like the new IN SEARCH OF...It's an update of the old Leonard Nimoy narrated show. This one is narrated by the new Spock- Zachery Quinto (who will never have the unimitable Nimoy voice quality.)
Are their any new versions of old shows you like?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 05:56:14 AM »

Hawaii Five 0 is the best remake as the cast and writing are very good. Magnum PI's remake is 🤢🤮🤧

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 09:00:43 AM »

Not seen it but there seems to have been a remake of KNIGHT RIDER. There’s only one D-Hoff, bro.

Vic Reeves and a Bob Mortimer did a remake of RANDALL & HOPKIRK DECEASED about 20 years ago (maybe longer).

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 09:06:30 AM »

I liked the remake of Battlestar Galactica. I consider the newer series of Dr. Who to be a remake (even if the BBC doesn't) and while it has had good actors and actresses in it, I don't much care for the shorter storylines and whole monster of the week format I saw from it. When I've been watching some of the newer Scooby Doo shows with Ash I'd have to say that neither him nor I like them and generally switch back to older versions.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 11:27:15 AM »

The only STAR TREK series I enjoy is the 1st one. I haven't seen ALL the spin offs, but the ones I did catch are all endless babbling and no action.
Otherwise I'm not a big fan of TV shows at all. I mostly watch movies and true crime series or news.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 02:52:54 PM »

Not exactly a remake but a spinoff: as a big fan of STARGATE SG1 and STARGATE ATLANTIS, STARGATE UNIVERSE felt like a personal insult. A disastrous drama filled with teens having sex that had very little to do with the awesome series of old. I'm glad they cancelled it.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 02:42:18 AM »

not a fan of the US remake of THE OFFICE. they played it so safe and obvious with that kind of generic 'quirky' sitcom humour. the original is very raw and spontaneous.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 04:11:44 AM »

tv remakes that are apparently in the pipeline, as of 2023

THE FLINTSTONES
ALLY MCBEAL
MARRIED...WITH CHILDREN
MATLOCK
WHO'S THE BOSS?
EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS
STARSKY AND HUTCH
FAWLTY TOWERS

https://www.looper.com/612201/upcoming-tv-reboots-you-didnt-know-were-in-the-works/

Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 07:15:29 AM »

I mentioned these over in the bad show thread, but I will note again that Trigun: Stampede and The Night Stalker were terrible.

Anyone recall the 2015 the muppets? I only saw the premiere episode. I had liked the fact that they had finally abandoned the long dead variety show format (something I believe hindered The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight). And there were some amusing bits as well. But there were some troubling aspects. The bit with Fozzie's girlfriend was promising to be heavy-handed, and I imagine the break-up between Kermit and Piggy was sure to be alienating. Clearly it didn't succeed, but was it really that bad?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 08:04:32 AM »

not a fan of the US remake of THE OFFICE. they played it so safe and obvious with that kind of generic 'quirky' sitcom humour. the original is very raw and spontaneous.

They were both good, though different. British version was more caustic, but ultimately I think the US version fleshed out the concept better (until Steve Carell left, then it was crap). The writers gave Michael Scott the absolute minimum of redeeming characteristics so you could still reluctantly like him while observing how generally awful he was. David Brent wasn't a three dimensional character (who knows what they might have done if he's had more episodes, though).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2024, 09:18:24 AM »

the DARK SHADOWS remake was s**t. I agree on the NIGHT STALKER-junk. I womder why they never got a the PRISONER remake? Perhaps better they didn't.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2024, 09:45:55 AM »

the DARK SHADOWS remake was s**t. I agree on the NIGHT STALKER-junk. I womder why they never got a the PRISONER remake? Perhaps better they didn't.

There was a PRISONER remake. I never saw it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2024, 09:54:54 AM »

Really? Whatta I know?

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2024, 10:54:22 AM »

The Doctor Who revival was interesting its first season, frequency great under DT, had some good moments with Matt Smith in the role, declined markedly under the old fart,  Peter Capaldi, and became unwatchable from the latter half of his tenure on. It's not even Doctor Who anymore, it's Preachy Woke Theater, and the people who turn out that sort of production seem clueless that they are as heavy-handed and shallow as the worst in religious programming. In fact worse, since at least Seventh Heaven and The Mother Angelica Hour weren't stomping on a beloved legac

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2024, 10:59:22 AM »

Never really liked any Dr. Who. Always seemed to childish.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TVSHOW REMAKES you like and don't. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.